The "Affordable" healthcare act

stevenash

On 10/6/2016 at 0:56 PM, stevenash said:

I don't know how to do this but I am sure somebody does.   Somebody please go to the Obamacare exchange for Texas and plug in a family of four with a $500 deductible and see what the quote is.

Poor Steve Nash. That is not how it works. Why are you commenting on something you know nothing about? Is this better?  This doesn't change the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

On 10/16/2016 at 10:38 PM, bullets13 said:

I know my premiums and deductibles have both skyrocketed since obamacare was enacted.  I used to have pretty good insurance through BISD. Due to increasing costs I had to opt for a lesser plan.  Unfortunately for me I got sick with appendicitis this summer. After insurance paid its part it the surgery ended up costing me $5600 out of pocket.  The hospital costs are a joke as well.  Glad I only had one appendix!  

If your premium per month is more than 10% of your household income, you can shop on the exchange.

15 hours ago, new tobie said:

oh thats right there never was a problem as long as the insurance companies charge more for the elderly and sick and deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. And still issue rate hikes. Kinda like state farm dropping peoples coverage after the hurricane and raising rates.

You are correct. My husband and I both have pre-existing conditions. Thank God for the Affordable Healthcare Act.

16 hours ago, new tobie said:

oh thats right there never was a problem as long as the insurance companies charge more for the elderly and sick and deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. And still issue rate hikes. Kinda like state farm dropping peoples coverage after the hurricane and raising rates.

So...can I carry liability insurance only on my vehicle....go get in a wreck that is MY fault....THEN go get full coverage to pay for the damage? Does that make sense to you? That is what "pre-existing" conditions is like when getting health insurance........let's even go into the "KISS" method of the math.

So I have cancer......I go to an insurance company for coverage........let's say premiums are $1500 a month with $10,000 deduct (that's pretty high by all accounts) I get treatment for one full year....that's $18,000 in premiums + $10,000 in deductible = $28,000.........the cancer treatment cost ....heck I don't know $50,000 (probably way more)... That's a $22,000 loss in one year by one policy......there is no way the free market can sustain this type of business plan........SO...what has to happen..A) the insurance companies jack up MY cost to make up the losses ..B) The Gov. (again with MY money, be it taxes or fines) gets involved and pays the subsidies.

Now, this can go on for several years (multiply annual losses by however many years here) OR the patient could still die after just one year.....either way.....major financial loss to the companies, causing them to pass  that loss on to others....ME.

And some of you are OK with this? 

1 hour ago, CraigS said:

So...can I carry liability insurance only on my vehicle....go get in a wreck that is MY fault....THEN go get full coverage to pay for the damage? Does that make sense to you? That is what "pre-existing" conditions is like when getting health insurance........let's even go into the "KISS" method of the math.

So I have cancer......I go to an insurance company for coverage........let's say premiums are $1500 a month with $10,000 deduct (that's pretty high by all accounts) I get treatment for one full year....that's $18,000 in premiums + $10,000 in deductible = $28,000.........the cancer treatment cost ....heck I don't know $50,000 (probably way more)... That's a $22,000 loss in one year by one policy......there is no way the free market can sustain this type of business plan........SO...what has to happen..A) the insurance companies jack up MY cost to make up the losses ..B) The Gov. (again with MY money, be it taxes or fines) gets involved and pays the subsidies.

Now, this can go on for several years (multiply annual losses by however many years here) OR the patient could still die after just one year.....either way.....major financial loss to the companies, causing them to pass  that loss on to others....ME.

Big Girl comprehends nothing of what you just stated.  Bottom line, its simply another government imposed redistribution of assets and costs from the haves to the have nots.  College tuition is next.   Greece and Venezuela both made large bets on this type of government and the results are in.  They are undeniable.

1 hour ago, CraigS said:

Only the ones that don't have to pay for it.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Big Girl comprehends nothing of what you just stated.  Bottom line, its simply another government imposed redistribution of assets and costs from the haves to the have nots.  College tuition is next.   Greece and Venezuela both made large bets on this type of government and the results are in.  They are undeniable.

I heard Venezuelans have food back on the shelves but it's so expensive no one can afford it anyway. Sounds like a winner and where we are headed.

With my limited education, I can assure you, there's absolutely, positively, NO way you can fix Obamacare.  Anyone that says they can is either a liar, or goofy as a road lizard.  I don't care how many degrees one has, or what institution.  It's a Money Pit, and it can't be fixed.  It's as simple as that.

Someone please ask Gruber if he'd stake his life on his plan to fix it.  I'd stake mine on what I said. 

On 10/26/2016 at 9:40 AM, CraigS said:

Craigs, lets say you find out you have cancer with a pre-existing condition. Whose going to treat your condition? 

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Craigs, lets say you find out you have cancer with a pre-existing condition. Whose going to treat your condition? 

Well, when it happened to my father in 1986........WE did. My mother went to work (stay at home Mom for 20 years) and I quit college and went to work off shore.......then went back to college and got my degree.......it's call taking care of your OWN responsibility. Geez, why is that so damn hard for people to understand.

edit: OH...AND... I paid for my OWN education after that....

ah hell, I'll just keep going - I went to school during the day and worked, while my wife took care of our new born daughter....came home then the wife went to work at night, while I studied and took care of our daughter..........it really can be done....really!

can't help myself - my Dad died 6 month later with over $100,000 in medical bills. SO, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the whiners and lazy asses.

Edit again: AND - the kicker as if that isn't enough.......I was 19 (oldest of 8 children) the youngest was 3 years old when he died......

1 hour ago, CraigS said:

Well, when it happened to my father in 1986........WE did. My mother went to work (stay at home Mom for 20 years) and I quit college and went to work off shore.......then went back to college and got my degree.......it's call taking care of your OWN responsibility. Geez, why is that so damn hard for people to understand.

edit: OH...AND... I paid for my OWN education after that....

ah hell, I'll just keep going - I went to school during the day and worked, while my wife took care of our new born daughter....came home then the wife went to work at night, while I studied and took care of our daughter..........it really can be done....really!

can't help myself - my Dad died 6 month later with over $100,000 in medical bills. SO, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the whiners and lazy asses.

Edit again: AND - the kicker as if that isn't enough.......I was 19 (oldest of 8 children) the youngest was 3 years old when he died......

Go ahead, Dove.  Tell him how all of his tough times were the fault of Republicans.