PA Memorial football

PA4Real

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Baytown Lee was in one of our old past 5A districts, we owe them turkeys (or geese) an arse whooping and it will happen on Senior Night I guarantee it. 

To the extent of like 70-0. I may be wrong but I think the guy at Baytown Lee is 0-20. Man there's nothing fun about that 

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Did they upset and spoil memorial one time?

Drew Tate. 2002. Single handedly cost them a playoff spot. Shredded our D, then there's what happened the last game Lee played Kingwood that year that sealed our season. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Drew Tate. 2002. Single handedly cost them a playoff spot. Shredded our D, then there's what happened the last game Lee played Kingwood that year that sealed our season. 

I completely forgot about that dude playing for Lee. Still remember the outback bowl when he threw the game winning pass against LSU. I know you were laughing at the Tigers after the game lol

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I completely forgot about that dude playing for Lee. Still remember the outback bowl when he threw the game winning past against LSU. I know you were laughing at the Tigers after the game lol

If anyone was to do it I loved it was him :)

5 hours ago, dme1111 said:

This is what Ozen and Central fans have said for years.  I do believe the Titans are the favorites but do they have the discipline to come together and play as a team? Nederland will never match the athleticism of Memorial.  However,they are always very disciplined and have consistently beaten athletic but undisciplined teams.  Welcome to 5A. Seriously glad to have Memorial ***in our district.  Very much the same district it was when Lincoln and TJ were around.

There's that word...  Discipline...  Smh

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

To an extent I disagree. Do I think Memorial wins the district? Yes.  Do I think that they will dominate? No.  No team in this district, including Memorial, has enough talent to win on talent alone.

What's you definition of dominate? Blowing everybody out, going undefeated, only being tested once? Only one team played Crosby within a touchdown during the regular season last year, do you feel like they dominated? Can you name any team in the district that has anything better than PAM does currently; QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB's? I suspect there's a good chance Harrsion will look like the best coach in that district when he gets to line up his level of athletes with the rest of what's in 22-5A. There is no Summer Creek or CE King to challenge PAM in that district like there was to challenge Crosby in 21-5A, or any other team with high level game changers.

They might not be able to win it on talent alone. I'm just telling you they're so talented that stuff like "discipline", "execution" and "playing as team" wont beat them either in that district. They'll have to have an off night when someone else plays over their skis.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What's you definition of dominate? Blowing everybody out, going undefeated, only being tested once? Only one team played Crosby within a touchdown during the regular season last year, do you feel like they dominated? Can you name any team in the district that has anything better than PAM does currently; QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB's? I suspect there's a good chance Harrsion will look like the best coach in that district when he gets to line up his level of athletes with the rest of what's in 22-5A. There is no Summer Creek or CE King to challenge PAM in that district like there was to challenge Crosby in 21-5A, or any other team with high level game changers.

They might not be able to win it on talent alone. I'm just telling you they're so talented that stuff like "discipline", "execution" and "playing as team" wont beat them either in that district. They'll have to have an off night when someone else plays over their skis.

does Crosby have the talent to beat Memorial?

16 minutes ago, indianforever said:

does Crosby have the talent to beat Memorial?

I think Crosby has the talent to beat any 5A team in the state except Manvel, Temple and Denton Ryan. If we lined up week 1 I think Crosby would beat Memorial by double digits, midway through the season that's probably a different story.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Mem line will be their weak spot. So yes there are several teams in that district with better line play. 

1 hour ago, team first said:

Mem line will be their weak spot. So yes there are several teams in that district with better line play. 

Like who? So they're going to be the biggest and most athletic O-line in the district but there are several teams in district with better line play? I hope you aren't talking about Nederland, PNG or Central because I saw all of them play and none are on the same level. Don't mistake what you saw them do against kids like K'Lavon Chaisson at North Shore or Terrell Benard from La Porte for anything that anybody in 22-5A can do. 

5 hours ago, CCRed said:

BG, how is your team going to be able to compete with "discipline" and "atmosphere" ?

I guess if a cross get ignited as part of 'atmosphere', that would have a negative effect on the kids as well as the fans no?

On 8/12/2016 at 5:07 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Going down from 6A and being loaded at the skill positions, why do I hear about so many kids playing both ways?

Play your best players. KJ is obviously one of the nation's best corners but you also want to get the ball in his hands on offense. Angelle is the same way. He has the speed to cover on defense but he is a great receiver too. 

Nederland has never has had a dominated o line except early 2000s when they were huge. The 2006 season had some meats leading the way for Mosley but other then that they Usually  have just 1 meaty guy sometimes 2 at most other then that they are small. Nederland lives on good zone blocks for the o-line. Memorial is used to going against 4 or 5 huge guys on the line, The speed of play and size difference is big from 6a coming down to 5a. Their athletes are used to going against faster stronger teams. Just my 2cents in it all

okay, time to settle the heck down...first of all,as one of PAM's hardest critics, lets stop comparing this district to where PAM use to play. at the end of the day it's still 11 vs 11,not PAM whole team vs the other team whole team. the only thing(s) i like about the new district, IF you are going to "compare" the two is, you don't have to worry about our defense going up against a STABLE of big backs that NS has that keep fresh legs in the game. you don't have to worry about seeing a team that run the misdirection FLAWLESSLY like laporte that seems to always have a stud rb. there is no need to worry about a team trying to have a shoot out/ track meet with you like channel view. you don't have to see a deer park team that was BIG  ACROSS THE WHOLE TEAM, that ran the ball down your throat. what we do see now are teams that are more EQUAL to us in physical size. now, it's going to come down of who wants it MORE. just because our line is close  in size, don't mean our technique is better (it might be. ijs) that doesn't mean just because we come from 6A, the RB can't fumble or the qb can't throw picks. WHAT PAM DOES HAVE IS MORE MOTIVATION!!!!it's NO SECRET that PA despise MC like no tomorrow for many reasons. the coaching staff, especially Harrison KNOWS whats it like to play those two schools..the BS you have to put up with between them and the refs. the kids themselves might not know that foolishness of the past, but the fire in them burns from the "other kids" THINKING MC is/was a better choice...thinking that they could beat a 3-7 PAM team, when PAM was actually in those games. no disrespect to the BMT schools, but they know what it is...Lee, Lumberton, Livingston and Vidor...sorry, from a fans perspective, you are irrelevant...however, i hope the team is focused and the coaching is more focus on mowing you down with no mercy(cobra kai style). those teams are TRAP games imo and should not be taken lightly by PAM. MC, don't think that you are special...this is built up frustration for 14 years and then some. from all the dirty bush league play in the past, phantom flags from refs, the HORRIBLE THINGS THAT WERE WRITTEN IN LOCKER VISITOR LOCKER ROOMS. IT'S PAY BACK TIME... time to get those squeaky brakes fixed...guess PAM will beat those brakes off you...STRAP UP!!