The Lighter Side of Life

Hagar

I'm sure all of us have had some funny things happen in our lives.  This would be a good place to share.  Amidst the politics and social unrest, we need to stop and laugh together.  That said, I'll share this with y'all.

When I was a snot nosed kid, a liniment named Absorbine Jr (still on sale today) was a "cure all".  I can verify that it helped me pull off an incredible feat that probably hasn't been duplicated to this day.  I was 11 yrs old and in my first year of LL baseball.  Somehow I had gotten a sore muscle on the inside of my left thigh, and we had a big game that night.  Not wanting my folks to know, I snuck into the bathroom with my Absorbine Jr.  I was gonna fix that hurt muscle.  I put a bunch on the inside of my thigh, and it ran down on my spherical sack.  That's when I screamed like a banshee warrior, and when my parents got the door opened, there I was hanging from the ceiling by my toenails and fingernails (virtually impossible to do), still screaming.  I begged them to call the Volunteer Fire Dept, but my dad was laughing so hard, he wasn't functional.  Of course, neither was I.  That was 60 years ago, and though I still use the stuff occasionally, it never goes near my crotch.