Michelle obama' s speech she nailed it

Big girl

8 minutes ago, new tobie said:

We don't need a president that goes bankrupt and that won't show his taxes

Going bankrupt with your own private company doesn't come close to bankrupting the greatest nation this world has ever seen. Does $20 trillion in debt, paying $262 billion a year in debt payments ring a bell? Compare that with how much Trump cost us. Hell, compare Trump's bankruptcies to how much Obama's Solyndra investment cost us.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Going bankrupt with your own private company doesn't come close to bankrupting the greatest nation this world has ever seen. Does $20 trillion in debt, paying $262 billion a year in debt payments ring a bell? Compare that with how much Trump cost us. Hell, compare Trump's bankruptcies to how much Obama's Solyndra investment cost us.

Don't hit them with facts. It makes them uneasy.

More straw man argument with the "passion" given by Democrats. "We feel your pain!!". 

With tears in her eyes Obama claims her daughters NOW believe a woman can be president. Give me a break. Nope, until the smartest woman in the country came along, no one believed a woman could even be the president. And if you believe that, I just acquired the Washington Monument and am willing to let it go cheap. Make me an offer.........

Then it goes on that Hillary did not get angry or disillusioned after losing in 2008... well, not after she met with Obama and he agreed to name her Secretary of State if she would endorse him at the convention. Oh well, little details. 

But wait, Michelle has more. She knows that Hillary has never quit anything "in her life". How does she know that? Well, just trust Michelle, she knows.... what a speech writer told her.

"I want a president who will teach our children that everyone in the country matters". That might be the biggest straw man of all but there are so many to choose from. What a bunch of fluff and gibberish. Yep, since her husband has been in office over 7 years, I thought that would already have been accomplished. 

To be sure, all of the speakers have someone write and/or assist in editing. There is fluff from almost everyone to some extent. Obama was no different than the rest. She had a very impassioned delivery style and had women crying ... but said practically nothing. 

What is unfortunate is that someone will think this really shows something and it shows nothing. Our founding fathers wanted freedom, each child wants to matter..... and other profound statements that no one would argue with. No substance is apparently great to be a "great speech". All we need is some tears and a few straw men in there and it will be legendary. 

And Trump doesn't offer much in the way of details either. I talk in almost every election how the Dems talk in fluff and feelings and put forth nothing and now the Republicans have someone who is doing the same. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

More straw man argument with the "passion" given by Democrats. "We feel your pain!!". 

With tears in her eyes Obama claims her daughters NOW believe a woman can be president. Give me a break. Nope, until the smartest woman in the country came along, no one believed a woman could even be the president. And if you believe that, I just acquired the Washington Monument and am willing to let it go cheap. Make me an offer.........

Then it goes on that Hillary did not get angry or disillusioned after losing in 2008... well, not after she met with Obama and he agreed to name her Secretary of State if she would endorse him at the convention. Oh well, little details. 

But wait, Michelle has more. She knows that Hillary has never quit anything "in her life". How does she know that? Well, just trust Michelle, she knows.... what a speech writer told her.

"I want a president who will teach our children that everyone in the country matters". That might be the biggest straw man of all but there are so many to choose from. What a bunch of fluff and gibberish. Yep, since her husband has been in office over 7 years, I thought that would already have been accomplished. 

To be sure, all of the speakers have someone write and/or assist in editing. There is fluff from almost everyone to some extent. Obama was no different than the rest. She had a very impassioned delivery style and had women crying ... but said practically nothing. 

What is unfortunate is that someone will think this really shows something and it shows nothing. Our founding fathers wanted freedom, each child wants to matter..... and other profound statements that no one would argue with. No substance is apparently great to be a "great speech". All we need is some tears and a few straw men in there and it will be legendary. 

And Trump doesn't offer much in the way of details either. I talk in almost every election how the Dems talk in fluff and feelings and put forth nothing and now the Republicans have someone who is doing the same. 

If the pubs lose this election the party is over. The old pubs are slowly passing away. 

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

Bill came with it last night. Top notch speakers and messages. Bill and the Obama's will probably give better speech's than Hillary

They know they can reel in voters such as yourself because they make ONE speech that makes you FEEL good...no matter that it's lies.

Perfect example, after one speech you may vote Hillary simply for Bill's speech rather than vote third party...lol.

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

They know they can reel in voters such as yourself because they make ONE speech that makes you FEEL good...no matter that it's lies.

Perfect example, after one speech you may vote Hillary simply for Bill's speech rather than vote third party...lol.

had to remember how good we had it when Bill was in office