Favorite Rock Song(s)

Hagar

Again, it's virtually impossible to just name one.  Since rock music, for the most part, dropped off my list whan The Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine, I probably won't recognize most of your picks lol.

My Girl by The Temptations 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

The most radio requested song of all time....Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Back in the day of 45 rpm, this song was never released in that format. The album is in the top ten sellers of all time.

I would have at agree at being the BEST.

many other great songs

47 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Only on Frampton Live though

For me on Frampton Comes Alive it would have to be "Do You Feel Like We Do."

I still play Zeppelin today. Unbelievable all the styles of music Page could play......My favorite guitarist. Plant had an unmatched voice, and he and Page wrote most of the songs. John Paul Jones and John Bonham to round it out to a supergroup. Bonham had the uncanny ability to play the "up" beat and JPJ was such an unsung hero on the keyboards.

27 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The Breeze

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Call Me The Breeze is a song written and performed by J.J. Cale. Skynyrd remade the song, and did a damn good job of it. One of my favorites. If you haven't already, take a listen to J.J. Cale's original version.

J.J. Cale also wrote Cocaine, After Midnight (both remade by Eric Clapton) and Crazy Mama (remade by many artists).

Just a few off of the top of my head...

Stop, Stop, Stop - The Hollies

Dixie Chicken - Little Feat (the live version off of "Waiting For Columbus" is my favorite version)

Tell Mama - Savoy Brown (who would later morph into Foghat)

20th Century Boy - T.Rex

Fat Bottom Girls - Queen

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

The Zoo - The Scorpions

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - The Beatles 

Up On Cripple Creek - The Band

Crime Of The Century - Supertramp

South Side Of The Sky - Yes

Fearless - Pink Floyd

Shapes Of Things - The Yardbirds

Burn Down The Mission - Elton John

Tin Soldier Man, 20th Century Man, Lola - The Kinks (couldn't make up my mind which to list, so I listed all three)

The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie

I could go on and on and on.

God, I thoughtnImwas themonly one who listened to Savoy Brown. I have Street Corner Talkin' and Hellbound Train on CD. 

The Yardbirds featured at one time or another on guitar....Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page.

Quite a list and zaps me back to a better time for sure.

6 hours ago, Englebert said:

Just a few off of the top of my head...

Stop, Stop, Stop - The Hollies

Dixie Chicken - Little Feat (the live version off of "Waiting For Columbus" is my favorite version)

Tell Mama - Savoy Brown (who would later morph into Foghat)

20th Century Boy - T.Rex

Fat Bottom Girls - Queen

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

The Zoo - The Scorpions

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - The Beatles 

Up On Cripple Creek - The Band

Crime Of The Century - Supertramp

South Side Of The Sky - Yes

Fearless - Pink Floyd

Shapes Of Things - The Yardbirds

Burn Down The Mission - Elton John

Tin Soldier Man, 20th Century Man, Lola - The Kinks (couldn't make up my mind which to list, so I listed all three)

The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie

I could go on and on and on.

Fat bottomed girls...we used to crank that one on the radio, as we would all Queen songs.

Freddie Mercury, strange dude...one in a million talent.

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

We would drive around and listen to our 8 tracks.

Playing them so much they would get too tight and break. 

Out comes the knife and tape.

No reason to quit listening to your favorite tape.

Design problem with 8 track that I did not learn about until engineering began.

Also had to slide a folded up piece of paper or cardboard under one side to make it play. Led Zeppelin I and Deep Purple Machine Head outlasted a lot of tapes and I don't know why.

My original post was right, I don't recognize but one or two songs, and not many more singers/groups lol.

Did like Hot Stuff by Donna Summers and Highway to the Danger Zone by ?  Loved Sweet Home Alabama by LS, and Hey Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.  Liked the Beach Boys, The Four Seasons, and the Four Tops.  Y'all will have to Google them lol

7 minutes ago, REBgp said:

My original post was right, I don't recognize but one or two songs, and not many more singers/groups lol.

Did like Hot Stuff by Donna Summers and Highway to the Danger Zone by ?  Loved Sweet Home Alabama by LS, and Hey Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.  Liked the Beach Boys, The Four Seasons, and the Four Tops.  Y'all will have to Google them lol

Danger Zone is by Kenny Loggins (formerly with Jim Messina of Loggins & Messina). Danger Zone was a solo song after the duo broke up. Messina was a producer when Loggins was trying to break into the music business. They became friends and Messina decided to help him write some songs. Loggins first album was supposed to be a solo album, but Messina had contributed so much that they decided to release it as a duo, thus the birth of Loggins and Messina.

Mr. Tambourine Man is by Bob Dylan. The Byrds version is a remake. Though Dylan has denied it, many people think the song is a reference to drugs, particularly LSD.