Kountze girls bball

Correct me if im wrong but the Kountze girls made the playoffs last year right? If he can have great success at that position (in which could be a personal challenge he's looking for) wouldn't it make sense to stay coaching the girls even if Joubert leaves? 

I'm not sure I understand why so many want Joubert to hand over his program to him?

Hancock has the upper hand if "anyone" to assume the role of Head BBall coach, once Joubert does walk away.

But i'm thinking Joubert does not walk away from basketball, until he walks away from Kountze altogether.

Just my two cents.

20 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Correct me if im wrong but the Kountze girls made the playoffs last year right? If he can have great success at that position (in which could be a personal challenge he's looking for) wouldn't it make sense to stay coaching the girls even if Joubert leaves? 

Why would this dude who has had major success in the past, and is fresh off of leading a 6A boys program want to sit out a year just to start coaching 3A girls basketball? That's what doesn't make sense to me. He would be a player in any vacant boys job in any area of the state, but he's coaching Kountze GIRLS? Come on man.....

2 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Why would this dude who has had major success in the past, and is fresh off of leading a 6A boys program want to sit out a year just to start coaching 3A girls basketball? That's what doesn't make sense to me. He would be a player in any vacant boys job in any area of the state, but he's coaching Kountze GIRLS? Come on man.....

He may be the next Geno Auriemma of girls bball, never know. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He may be the next Geno Auriemma of girls bball, never know. 

If he has any competitive juice in him at all he won't coach girls for long. Nothing against girls coaching, but someone with Coach Williams pedigree won't be satisfied with girls bball. It won't scratch the competitive itch.

12 minutes ago, Scatright said:

If he has any competitive juice in him at all he won't coach girls for long. Nothing against girls coaching, but someone with Coach Williams pedigree won't be satisfied with girls bball. It won't scratch the competitive itch.

Girls bball not competitive? 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Girls bball not competitive? 

Not competitive enough for someone who is accustomed to the level of competition that Williams is. You can only beat Anahuac by 30 so many times. Especially when the boys game is tipping off and you are cranking the bus up to take the girls home.

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Not competitive enough for someone who is accustomed to the level of competition that Williams is. You can only beat Anahuac by 30 so many times. Especially when the boys game is tipping off and you are cranking the bus up to take the girls home.

I do agree but I also think there's something else going on here. If you are familiar with Big Brother, this feels awfully a lot like a backdoor.

If I am AD anywhere in the area and specifically a place like Ktz where basketball is premier and I am not calling the shots on the entire coaching staff, we're going to have a problem. Maybe I am missing something.......

13 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

I do agree but I also think there's something else going on here. If you are familiar with Big Brother, this feels awfully a lot like a backdoor.

If I am AD anywhere in the area and specifically a place like Ktz where basketball is premier and I am not calling the shots on the entire coaching staff, we're going to have a problem. Maybe I am missing something.......

In the case of hiring head coaches for other sports, lots of times the AD(head football coach) has very little say in the decision.

I know of several hires here locally that were the case.