Durant to Golden State

Move Draymond to the 5 and start Iggy. On paper could be one of the best starting 5 in history. Not saying it is, but on paper all 5 are legit. 4 All Stars and 1 of the best shut down defenders in the league. Or start Mo Buckets and have 5 shooters on the court at one time. The only tough part is losing Bogut and Ezeli. Hope to keep Livingston and Barbosa to get us at least a decent bench.

Barnes is going to be missed, but playing with Dallas should help him reach the level he has shown he can reach. He will be the focus on the Mavs now with Dirk being the 2nd option.

David West and Zaza Pachulia as well.

Roster:
Starters:
PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - Green
PF - Durant
C - Pachulia

Bench:
Livingston
Iggy
Looney
West
Jones

As of Right Now Free Agents:
Speights
Rush
Barbosa
Varejao
McAdoo

Still one of the deepest benches in the league if we can keep Barbosa and Speights. Replace Barnes with Durant, Bogut with Pachulia, West with Ezeli, and Clark is gone.

Durant joins a team that doesn't even need him. That was a weak move,he is riding the gravy train,because knows he can't lead a team that could beat golden state or beat lebron. KD can't get it done and he knows it.

Raiderred,I know you're a bandwagon fan and probably never cared about the Warriors 10 years ago

17 minutes ago, king said:

Durant joins a team that doesn't even need him. That was a weak move,he is riding the gravy train,because knows he can't lead a team that could beat golden state or beat lebron. KD can't get it done and he knows it.

Raiderred,I know you're a bandwagon fan and probably never cared about the Warriors 10 years ago

I think it'll be a one year thing with him going to the Lakers with a couple of buddies in 2017, im sure not picking the Warriors to win it all even with KD there. 

9 hours ago, king said:

You mean when the Warriors beat the Mavs as an 8 seed. Or should I go farther back to the Run TMC days when it was first to 200 wins. Or maybe back to 76 when they were upset in the Conference Finals. Or the year before when the won the championship led by Rick Berry. Or farther back to when they were playing in the Cow Palace in San Francisco because Oracle had not been built. If I am bandwagon fan then everyone is. Let's see 30 in my username since I joined. Maybe it refers to my high school number that I chose after my favorite player. Wonder who that could be? Could it be a babyface assassin to led Davidson to the elite 8 when I was high school? Could it be similar to my father choosing his high school number after the star of his favorite team? Wander what hall of famer wore 24 in the 70s.Yeah I did not care about the Warriors 10 years ago. That is impossible with a father who grew up in the Valley while the Kings were still in Kansas City.

As for Durant he had the right to do what he did. Free Agency has existed since Tom Chambers in 1988 (Sorry people who use Magic Bird for comparision). Maybe MJ today would have moved to Detroit considering how free agency works. Being a professional basketball player is a full time career. In business you go where you can make the most money and be happy. The Warriors have the most fun on and off the court. They players treat each other like family and love the organization. Look at Bogut and David Lee. With Bogut they could not afford him so they are trading him to Dallas because he is friends with Barnes. With Lee, he was not enjoying his bench role so they traded him to Boston in hopes he could be a starter. The Warriors are the best organization for players in the league today. Durant will be on TV for over half the games next year. The same could not be said if he stayed in Oklahoma City. His brand will be broadcast more being in Oakland even with Steph and Under Armour. There are also issues about how well he and Westbrook were getting along on the court. He made the choice because it was best for business and long term future. While many do not agree it is his right.

Finally, I am sorry your Rockets were unable to get a meeting with Durant. It's just not many want to play with a guy who makes Kobe post Shaq look unselfish.

12 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

David West and Zaza Pachulia as well.

Roster:
Starters:
PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - Green
PF - Durant
C - Pachulia

Bench:
Livingston
Iggy
Looney
West
Jones

As of Right Now Free Agents:
Speights
Rush
Barbosa
Varejao
McAdoo

Still one of the deepest benches in the league if we can keep Barbosa and Speights. Replace Barnes with Durant, Bogut with Pachulia, West with Ezeli, and Clark is gone.

Add Ray Allen to the list as well under Free Agents. After practice shooting contests between Allen, Kerr, Curry, and Thompson should be pay per view. Just need Reggie to join as an assistant.

On July 6, 2016 at 10:04 PM, king said:

What team has won a championship with one star, since Chamberlain was on the Warriors?

They all need help around them.

Kudos to KD for making the decision that was best for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...