Silsbee vs PNG

1 hour ago, class-99 Indians said:

99s here brother,and i going off what was told by a couple of the parents dads i spoke to,refering to the def speed i was told there alot faster than last year,i will say this im not impressed so far what i have seen,cole and lejeune better fire the others up like ray lewis did as def leader,they might not be as good as last year on def,i guess friday will tell all,so i dont know,i know one thing the db,s are going to have to start looking back at ball when in covrage,there gonna get called pass int on them every time and get burnt,i just hope them scrimmages meant nothing like bf said,thats what came out his mouth i heard it,he was trying to see where every one needed to be and find weakness,he said we wasnt trying to win that wasnt the goal,he said that believe it or not,so hell idk whats going to happen,tell me what you think!

My biggest takeaway from all this is that the boys have to play mentally sound within their individual responsibilities and MAKE THE TACKLE. They don't have the overall talent and speed to match teams that have it on the outside. I do not know how they did last year but I did watch a few highlights from last season, specifically the WOS and NED games. The themes I saw from those games were horrendous tackling and early interceptions. On many an occasion you can see opposing players make the first guy miss or break the tackle or tackles for extra yardage or a score. On the other side, I saw a few interceptions, some on the QB, others on the blocking. You will not win games like that. They will have to execute on both sides. Even if they cant run with the guys on the outside, at least be able to bring him down. Nothing wrong with textbook football.

great post rj big bro,i hope he torches people this year,people are going to be shocked at what this kid can do,i know football is a team sport but im not going to be surpised it he takes control by him self and wins games,when the season starts hes coming full force my daughter is in his grade and friends with him,she said he should have been a football he loves it so much,people are about to find out about this 10th grader every one has been talking about for a long time,he will make you miss,and you will standing there with a stupid look on your face like oh S$$$,its gonna be fun to watch,

13 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

great post rj big bro,i hope he torches people this year,people are going to be shocked at what this kid can do,i know football is a team sport but im not going to be surpised it he takes control by him self and wins games,when the season starts hes coming full force my daughter is in his grade and friends with him,she said he should have been a football he loves it so much,people are about to find out about this 10th grader every one has been talking about for a long time,he will make you miss,and you will standing there with a stupid look on your face like oh S$$$,its gonna be fun to watch,

You and me both. I can't wait till Friday. I have been waiting for him to grow up and play varsity ball since I left SETX in 09. Its been a long time coming, but I know change 'gone come! 

change is coming alright rj big bro,people dont know how great # 2 is but there going to get tired for trying to catch and tackle him,that kid is bad to bone,you know your bad when notre dame is looking at you and its just practice on the resz,my daughter seen them there with there boards,im thinking to my self dame he hasnt even played yet,lol,thats ok furture d1 talent and everyone will see it this year,i know he wants to go to horns,so i know he wouldnt go there.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, class-99 Indians said:

99s here brother,and i going off what was told by a couple of the parents dads i spoke to,refering to the def speed i was told there alot faster than last year,i will say this im not impressed so far what i have seen,cole and lejeune better fire the others up like ray lewis did as def leader,they might not be as good as last year on def,i guess friday will tell all,so i dont know,i know one thing the db,s are going to have to start looking back at ball when in covrage,there gonna get called pass int on them every time and get burnt,i just hope them scrimmages meant nothing like bf said,thats what came out his mouth i heard it,he was trying to see where every one needed to be and find weakness,he said we wasnt trying to win that wasnt the goal,he said that believe it or not,so hell idk whats going to happen,tell me what you think!

I'm pretty sure face guarding is legal in Texas, you don't have to look back for the ball if contact isn't made.  You can face guard.  I may be wrong, but I think that's the rule.