Houston Wheatley & Houston Jack Yates

Wheatley will have a new coach after deciding to part ways with Willie Patrick.  Ironically, rumor is he may join Coach Wise's staff at Yates. Not sure if that has legs. 

In terms of the teams, both feature players who probably would be the best player on the floor if they play Silsbee.   6'5" Trevor Moore (SG '17) is considered by many to be the best shooter in the greater Houston area.  Yates will feature 6'7" wingman Mitchell Seriale ('18), who had to sit out last season after transferring.  He is being heavily recruited by a lot of top schools, including Indiana, Arkansas, and Baylor among others.   Very athletic. 

That being said, neither team can account for Silsbee's depth and the Tigers would be favored against either IMO. 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Who is recruiting Devon McCain?

Not sure at this point.  I am sure he has plenty of interest.  Scholarships are won, for the most part, in the spring and summer.  Teams want to see how players can compete against the best is the best.  He has been wise to recuperate this offseason and not rush himself.   I am sure he will play for a sneaker team next year and plenty of offers will come.  

I have the Silsbee game in San Antonio taped and I just happened to watch it this past Saturday.  I usually don't go on hype and videos where a kid is hitting all his dunks and making all his 3's. From what I saw  the few minutes watching McCain, I think he have the tools to compete at the D1 level if he continues to work and improve. I've seen a lot of athletic guys play (especially at Silsbee) but that doesn't mean a player continues on to the next level. I liked his ball-handling and how he kept his head up looking for teammates. I didn't watch it long enough to see how he scores but I was impressed with him. Even if he doesn't latch on to a shoe team, I think he has a good future in the game. But, if he gets on with a shoe team, I definitely think his options will break wide open. 

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I have the Silsbee game in San Antonio taped and I just happened to watch it this past Saturday.  I usually don't go on hype and videos where a kid is hitting all his dunks and making all his 3's. From what I saw  the few minutes watching McCain, I think he have the tools to compete at the D1 level if he continues to work and improve. I've seen a lot of athletic guys play (especially at Silsbee) but that doesn't mean a player continues on to the next level. I liked his ball-handling and how he kept his head up looking for teammates. I didn't watch it long enough to see how he scores but I was impressed with him. Even if he doesn't latch on to a shoe team, I think he has a good future in the game. But, if he gets on with a shoe team, I definitely think his options will break wide open. 

+1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ST413 said:

New additions this year include Calvin Tyler Jr., Curly and another from WB, Willie Jones from Legacy along with Braelon Bush who was an 8th grader at Legacy. Also have Martin from Silsbee's 8th grade team.

How will all these guys get playing time? Y'all need to send some our way.