WOS future state run?

aTmfan06

Will there be any road blocks in the region for WOS this year as they attempt to defend there state championship? I've been trying to do my research on Bellville which they played in the regional finals . I know they return quite a few players from last years team, including a RB/LB who holds offers from Mcneese and Lamar. But other than that idk much about them . Nonetheless Bellville games will be where I'll hang my hat on Friday nights since I moved here a few months ago. What other teams in the region will TRY and stop WOS this'll year lol

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Will there be any road blocks in the region for WOS this year as they attempt to defend there state championship? I've been trying to do my research on Bellville which they played in the regional finals . I know they return quite a few players from last years team, including a RB/LB who holds offers from Mcneese and Lamar. But other than that idk much about them . Nonetheless Bellville games will be where I'll hang my hat on Friday nights since I moved here a few months ago. What other teams in the region will TRY and stop WOS this'll year lol

The Region has gotten a BIT tougher.  Gone are the HISD schools which served as merely cannon fodder over the last couple of years. 

Remaining are schools like La Grange, Caldwell and Giddings from 10-4A-II and I think there is some buzz around Columbus.  Bellville will be out of 11-4A-II and replacing the HISD will be the likes of Fairfield, Lorena and Mexia all who will provide a much more difficult matchup that the Scarboroughs of the world.

5 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I'm looking forward to traveling to Bellville this year for that game with Cameron.  The Brahmas are always solid, and I expect more the the same this season.  They return Briscoe (MVP) plus 6 other all-district players.  They lose 6 all-district players.

Dobbins is going to be a force to watch.  I only got a small sample at Navasota a few weeks ago, but he is going to be a force.  Not sure what they will have around him.  

I think if Gilmer can get thru Brownfield/Sweetwater it will be a rematch between Gilmer & WOS with WOS getting revenge. Brownfield got some ballers though, especially in Jaelyn Nolan (QB), that kid is legit. Been paying close attention to him since I lived out West, soon-to-be JR will be a 3yr starter, Brownfield will have to get thru a good Sweetwater team to have a chance at Gilmer. Sweetwater young QB will be returning, he was injured late last yr, he's a good one too. I think WOS can handle all 3 though barring any major injuries on defense.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think if Gilmer can get thru Brownfield/Sweetwater it will be a rematch between Gilmer & WOS with WOS getting revenge. Brownfield got some ballers though, especially in Jaelyn Nolan (QB), that kid is legit. Been paying close attention to him since I lived out West, soon-to-be JR will be a 3yr starter, Brownfield will have to get thru a good Sweetwater team to have a chance at Gilmer. Sweetwater young QB will be returning, he was injured late last yr, he's a good one too. I think WOS can handle all 3 though barring any major injuries on defense.  

Think Gilmer will get past Celina?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If u mean in state and not just region,u have to put Celina in that mix also,they will be good

P.S. I got my boys going b2b and beating Gilmer

26 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Think Gilmer will get past Celina?

Yes. I know Celina will have some pieces back including a QB who some think could have beaten WOS himself but im not betting against Gilmer if that matchup happens. The team Gilmer had better worry about is Tatum, they're my sleeper pick. 

29 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

They will be stronger than last year but not as strong as 2014 from what I've seen...Dobbins is a handful tho 

I got a feeling they're going to run that kid into the ground to win games this year. They better have a passing threat. 

2 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

WO-S will have no problem getting to the state game.

Who will meet them there? Celina or Gilmer

Write it down and take it to the bank.

Im waiting to hear what transfers Gilmer got in before Summer break, you know its an annual thing. 

14 hours ago, Yoe_09 said:

I'm looking forward to traveling to Bellville this year for that game with Cameron.  The Brahmas are always solid, and I expect more the the same this season.  They return Briscoe (MVP) plus 6 other all-district players.  They lose 6 all-district players.

Dobbins is going to be a force to watch.  I only got a small sample at Navasota a few weeks ago, but he is going to be a force.  Not sure what they will have around him.  

Yea I'll definitely be at the Bellville vs Cameron Yoe game to kick off the season