NYC SALT LAW NAZI CONTROL -RANT

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

I posted about some researchers saying low salt diet unhealthy in the Locker Room, but this is political.  Bear with my rant.   First, I love to salt my food.   I refer to it as, "The seasoning of the Gods".   Second, and more important, it's another intrusion into our life.

What you may be thinking is, why is REBgp worried about this?   It's NYC, this will never happen in Texas.  Whether you, as an individual approve/disapprove, not that long ago, the majority of citizens in Texas could never imagine this short list:  Restroom/locker room usage.  Illegal immigrants allow to roam free.  Abortion.  No prayer in public schools.  No Christmas scenes on public land.  Having to wear seat belts.  No Crosses or references to God or The Bible on public lands.  No confederate flags on public land.  Forced to take potentially dangerous immigrants from the Middle East and Northern Africa. Removal of Confederate statues from public lands.  Restaurants/fast foods having to use cooking oil that ruins french fries.  Ad nauseam!

These Progressives (these people are Way passed liberal) want to control everything in our lives.  Why?  If you don't already know the answer to that, you took the wrong exit off the freeway of life.  I'd encourage you to adjust your GPS.

My suggestion to you Progressives, if you want to achieve your objective of total control, you ought to slow down.  You know the masses can be lead where you want them, but the way you're pushing you're going to create a stampede.   To many of us are to the point, as Merle Haggard said, You're Walking On the Fighting Side of Me!

PS:  And if you think this is a rant, wait till they try to cut out Beef!

34 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Salt?  Should be banned    Marijuana?  Should be made available.

Lol, you must be like me sn.  My whole world is upside down.  Don't know your age, but having lived in the "Happy Days", I have a hard time adjusting/accepting all this nonsense.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Lol, you must be like me sn.  My whole world is upside down.  Don't know your age, but having lived in the "Happy Days", I have a hard time adjusting/accepting all this nonsense.

I am going to guess that I am likely more of an old timer than you are

33 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am going to guess that I am likely more of an old timer than you are

Well, I'm 70, and if you're that or older, you lived in the "Happy Days" also.  When I was a kid, we could play outside until late and parents never worried.  We were safe.  Times have changed.  

42 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Well, I'm 70, and if you're that or older, you lived in the "Happy Days" also.  When I was a kid, we could play outside until late and parents never worried.  We were safe.  Times have changed.  

Yes, but just think about how much more compassionate, fair, and tolerant we are today?  When you were young, you had to earn your trophies- now you get one for simply existing.  When you grew up, you were taught that, to get ahead in the world, you would have to work for it.  Today, if you don't feel like working for it, there is a government program available to alleviate all of the inequities of society that have been thrust upon you.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Yes, but just think about how much more compassionate, fair, and tolerant we are today?  When you were young, you had to earn your trophies- now you get one for simply existing.  When you grew up, you were taught that, to get ahead in the world, you would have to work for it.  Today, if you don't feel like working for it, there is a government program available to alleviate all of the inequities of society that have been thrust upon you.

Hey sn, you're on to something lol.  We had the story about the ants who worked hard for winter and the cricket that was a lazy turd.  And we learned/sang patriotic songs like Johnny comes marching home and Marine Corp Hymn.   Can you imagine the outrage in Ca if they taught elementary kids those songs?   To busy teaching them how peaceful Muslims are and hateful Christians are.

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

I was born in '53. Happy days for sure.

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Baddog, it sounds like you are one of those greedy, despicable angry old white guys who clings to his guns and bible.

Yes, and some people think there is something wrong with that. I don't, and I hope that offends someone.

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Baddog, it sounds like you are one of those greedy, despicable angry old white guys who clings to his guns and bible.

Lol aren't we all!   No wonder I like you bunch of scoundrels so much. :)