Calvin Tyler & Adonis Thomas Backfield

BADSANTA

Both of those kids need to be back there to terrorize defenses.  Both of them are gamers and you'll have heck just game planning for one.  But for 2, at the same time...  Smh.  Depending on blandness o-line meshes, could be one of the best backfields in the state this year.   

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Will Silsbee be running a single back set or split back set. Adding Jones at QB, with a solid line could be the best running team Silsbee has ever had. Not to mention 2 WRS who caught at or over a 1000 yards last year. 

Conversation I had the other day is that if you walk the halls at Silsbee and have some size then you are "approached".  

They are getting the JFK conversation... or a version of it.

"What can you do you for your team and whats keeping you from doing it..?"

AD Smith has also started a voluntary Student Athlete Camp.  Lots of new ideas.  

21 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Conversation I had the other day is that if you walk the halls at Silsbee and have some size then you are "approached".  

They are getting the JFK conversation... or a version of it.

"What can you do you for your team and whats keeping you from doing it..?"

AD Smith has also started a voluntary Student Athlete Camp.  Lots of new ideas.  

To Bmtsoulja: a certain school a little south of the Smoke should do this in bold if they not doing it already ;)

58 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

So how will the Tigers look on defense I hope the new coaches can build something special on defense 

Coach Allen is a young and energetic coach.  Should have no problem finding talent to fill out his defense.  

A couple of new faces for defense already and I have a real suspicion that Mike J moves to linebacker, along with a new face in SIlsbee, and really starts excelling at disrupting offenses in the interior.

With a couple new "big" bodies in the middle to assist J. Hagen (A BEAST BY HIMSELF), this defense has real potential if they learn to play defense instead of guessing and reacting off talent alone.

Secondary...well I have no idea.  There is talent but man we got shredded last year.  Too many mistakes looking into the backfield and as a result, lost receivers over the middle for HUGE gains (Mostly on Third & Fourth Down it seemed).  Carthage exploited the outside/corner coverages for three big touchdowns by drawing them to the middle, and though im no expert, that probably came from watching El Campo chew up the middle passing lanes.

There are questions on offense but compared to defense, Coach Allen has his work cut out for him and will need the players to trust the schemes.  In short.. Do Your Job.

jmo.....

1 hour ago, MBaller#1 said:

So how will the Tigers look on defense I hope the new coaches can build something special on defense 

Based off what I saw last year, they can't look too much worse on defense! Lack of discipline which seems like what the new AD is already bringing.. You can get by with a little lack of discipline on offense with good talent, because you have the ball, you control things. But on defense, all the talent means nothing with no discipline. If they can get that in line, we may be watching Silsbee play next December in Dallas! Hopefully! 

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Silsbee should run the wishbone.

This is funny. Lol :)

Maybe in short-yardage situations they might or by the goalline, but dont plan on seeing them that much in that set, if at anytime.

Now there is one school that wears the same colors as Silsbee that might really wanna implement that set in their playbook and actually use it. 

If Silsbee can muster up a defense to compliment their potentially explosive offense lookout 4A D1. 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

How does Willie Jones III compare to Dontre Thomas as far as athletic ability and passing? He seems pretty darn solid from the Hudl film I saw. 

Not the bruiser like Dontre was when running but I think he's faster, arm strength seems the same to me, Dontre was more accurate though to me. Jones reminds me more of Reed than anything when comparing Silsbee QBs. 

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not the bruiser like Dontre was when running but I think he's faster, arm strength seems the same to me, Dontre was more accurate though to me. Jones reminds me more of Reed than anything when comparing Silsbee QBs. 

Jones biggest issue is that he has played at Legacy up until this point. You can pretty much pause his development at the point he began playing there.

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I saw Jones in action.  He's dead accurate and makes few mistakes...  And with the receivers that he'll be throwing to, he could be a great passer...

I'll see how he reacts to a great defense when they play WOS. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Will need this Summer to establish rhythm with his receivers/backs.

Dontre had that relationship down pat. 7v7 will help but I could see the timing issues at Westbrook.  That being said...

Barnes

Mackey

Lowe

Tyler

Thomas

If Jones can develop his timing....

Good lord.