Christian Pulisic

17-year-old Christian Pulisic just scored his first goal for the USMNT.  He also scored two goals for major German club Borussia Dortmund this season after being called up to the big club late in the season.  He has a chance to be a world class player.  This young crop of US players has me more excited than I've been about the US team in a long time.

Just wait until he can drive himself to practice. For all the players that have been given the hype, he looks like the best one to break the curse and sustain it. Along with Nagbe, Wood, Yedlin, and Zardes, if he ever masters the first touch, this team should be a force in Russia (or wherever it gets played in) in 2018. Copa America Centenario could not come at a better time.

7 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Just wait until he can drive himself to practice. For all the players that have been given the hype, he looks like the best one to break the curse and sustain it. Along with Nagbe, Wood, Yedlin, and Zardes, if he ever masters the first touch, this team should be a force in Russia (or wherever it gets played in) in 2018. Copa America Centenario could not come at a better time.

I'm really looking forward to the World Cup in 2026.  There's a good chance we host that one, and all the guys you mentioned will  still be 31 or younger, plus Zalalem, Matt Miazga and Julian Green as well.  They've overhauled the youth system, so there's a real possibility that apart from the players listed we may have a handful of world class players that come up after them as well.

I don't know about Zalalem and Green. Both are young and have the hype, but they have not done well. Zalalem this season lost his starting spot for 2nd division Rangers and Green barely plays at all. They have time to become better but right now I just do not see them.

On a side note, can Lalas ever say anything positive about the US under Klinsmann?

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, RaiderRed30 said:

I don't know about Zalalem and Green. Both are young and have the hype, but they have not done well. Zalalem this season lost his starting spot for 2nd division Rangers and Green barely plays at all. They have time to become better but right now I just do not see them.

On a side note, can Lalas ever say anything positive about the US under Klinsmann?

Lalas is a fool, but Klinsmann has been pretty shaky in charge, although I do believe his work with the youth system is going to pay off in a big way.