Silsbee's Hudson may not enroll at Baylor/Weighing options

WOSgrad

I really don't think either Hudson or Martin will be anywhere next year except Waco. When you sign with a college, only that college can release them to another university. Why would Baylor do that. These young men didn't sign with Art Briles, they  signed with Baylor. It would be no different if Briles would have gotten an NFL job. Even if Baylor were to release any of there signees they definitely wouldn't release them to a conference rival.

This whole thing is starting to stink very similar to the Penn State fiasco...in that situation the NCAA intervened and allowed everyone to transfer without penalty as part of the sanctions levied against the program...would not be surprised to see something similar here.  If so I think it would have a lot more of a damning effect on Baylor than it did on Penn State.  You have to remember than many of the players who led the charge had been up to 3rd generation players for Penn State...they were very loyal to that program as it was and had been the top program in the state for quite some time...Baylor doesn't have that.  What they do have however are more playmakers who are instant plug-and-play guys at any school in the country.

Remember back when Baylor didn't want Brittany Griner to come out, who knew they were covering up rape!  Heard that on sports reporters this morning. Great point.  Also this was more than football, regular students were allegedly raping young women and it was getting ignored. Good luck to this young man and the path he chooses.  Tough situation.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Baylor can let him out but they also can have stipulations like not allowing him to sign with a conference foe.

Yes they could do that, can you imagine the PR nightmare growing if they did that.

He then could appeal to the NCAA and they would have 30 days to respond.

12 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Are these players not wanting to play because Briles was fired, or are they not wanting to because of what they learned about the program with the Hamilton report being released and they do not want to be associated with a team that treats women that way?

I'd say the later.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'd say the later.

If they come out and say that is the reason then Baylor needs to release them and let them play anywhere.

If it is the other case I am not so sure because as people have mentioned you sign with the school not the coach. Yes the coach recruits you but it is the school that you represent. Same with high school and pros. Coaches leave or get fired.

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Are these players not wanting to play because Briles was fired, or are they not wanting to because of what they learned about the program with the Hamilton report being released and they do not want to be associated with a team that treats women that way?

I think it may be somewhat of a combination with the latter weighing heavier.

This is the hidden content, please

Confirmed 100% that Pat Hudson will not enroll at Baylor tomorrow. Seeking release. Awaiting response. Wants to revisit

34 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Confirmed 100% that Pat Hudson will not enroll at Baylor tomorrow. Seeking release. Awaiting response. Wants to revisit

15 retweets 40 likes

@SportsDayDFW: Another one: 4-star offensive lineman J.P Urquidez delays Baylor enrollment @ShehanJeyarajah

Welp, who's next to not enroll? 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is Arnold staying put? I see he hasn't pulled down anything concerning Baylor from social media. 

To all that is wondering , yes I'm enrolling tomorrow ! Regardless to what People have to say about Baylor, I'm still proud to be a bear!