Interesting Observation

Red Dawn

I'm trying to learn my way around this message board. Here's what I think I've learned so far:

1) anyone supporting a team other than yours is an idiot. 

2) anyone that is supportive or optimistic about their team is simply a homer. 

3) If my team used to be dominant but no longer is, refer to historical statistics. 

4) if my team has been historical brides maid but is now top dawg, ignore history. 

5) don't recognize that all these kids and programs are working hard and are mostly made up of great kids and coaches. 

6) don't publicize your hopes of being a state contender bc if you fall short all the area trolls will ridicule you for underperforming 

7) take pride in none of your kids getting D1 offers bc you can then claim that your team is gritty and over performing 

8) when you want to justify your losing record bc you don't have any black kids, don't say you need black kids, say you need athletes  

Just interesting.  looking forward to learning more about how this all works  Much respect to all the experts  

What did you expect on a sports forum, group hugs? 

I can see the discussions now..........

TEAM A - How is your team? TEAM B - Well, the kids on my team are going to give their best. TEAM A -Yes, that is what ours will do.

TEAM A -Your kids are all great and so are the coaches. TEAM B - Thank you and so are yours.

TEAM A -  My team has won several district championships but I don't want to talk about them. TEAM B - I hear you, my team hasn't won 2 in the last 50 years but I am sure they will start winning this year. TEAM A - I sure hope so because I hate my team winning all the time and the poor fans from my home town taking pride in a long winning tradition. 

TEAM A -My team will play its best but if we lose it is because the other team was just awesome and all calls went well for both teams. TEAM B - Yes, so will ours and hopefully can all go 5-5 and tie for first place and have 635 state champions.

Yep.... that is what sports forums should be!! No more homers. No more bragging. No more talking about past accomplishments.  :)

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

I'm trying to learn my way around this message board. Here's what I think I've learned so far:

1) anyone supporting a team other than yours is an idiot. 

2) anyone that is supportive or optimistic about their team is simply a homer. 

3) If my team used to be dominant but no longer is, refer to historical statistics. 

4) if my team has been historical brides maid but is now top dawg, ignore history. 

5) don't recognize that all these kids and programs are working hard and are mostly made up of great kids and coaches. 

6) don't publicize your hopes of being a state contender bc if you fall short all the area trolls will ridicule you for underperforming 

7) take pride in none of your kids getting D1 offers bc you can then claim that your team is gritty and over performing 

8) when you want to justify your losing record bc you don't have any black kids, don't say you need black kids, say you need athletes  

Just interesting.  looking forward to learning more about how this all works  Much respect to all the experts  

Are you surprised? 

RedDawn welcome to the site.

And the madness that includes "opinions".  Speak your mind, ignore the trolls and keep your arguments simple.

I'm new myself to conversing with the big dogs but most are informative and lend good examples to posting opinions.

But beware.....everyone is moody.

It's Sports.

Hint, nobody likes Crosby because they good, nobody likes BH because they are snooty  (not really, but I guess some might be), PNG don't like Nederland and vice versa (Mid County thing) , Nobody likes Vidor because they think everyone is a rival, nobody like Lumberton because they have a train horn and blew up the site for two years with L-Train, nobody likes PAM because Xbox is playing daddy ball and should be making deep playoff runs, nobody likes Ozen because they can't keep a coach, nobody likes Central because they struggle with mid county teams and have bad luck, nobody likes WOS because nobody seems be able to beat them in the viewing area, nobody likes Dayton because they have 22-5a's number even in down year's  and Coach Stewart was the Messiah,  nobody likes Livingston because they have annoying announcer, nobody likes Hardin Jefferson because they only care about basketball, nobody cares about Silsbee because they and Hardin Jefferson have a love hate relationship,  and finally, nobody likes each other because they're homers, and take pride in their teams and hardly ever admit when they're wrong. Lol

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Hint, nobody likes Crosby because they good, nobody likes BH because they are snooty  (not really, but I guess some might be), PNG don't like Nederland and vice versa (Mid County thing) , Nobody likes Vidor because they think everyone is a rival, nobody like Lumberton because they have a train horn and blew up the site for two years with L-Train, nobody likes PAM because Xbox is playing daddy ball and should be making deep playoff runs, nobody likes Ozen because they can't keep a coach, nobody likes Central because they struggle with mid county teams and have bad luck, nobody likes WOS because nobody seems be able to beat them in the viewing area, nobody likes Dayton because they have 22-5a's number even in down year's  and Coach Stewart was the Messiah,  nobody likes Livingston because they have annoying announcer, nobody likes Hardin Jefferson because they only care about basketball, nobody cares about Silsbee because they and Hardin Jefferson have a love hate relationship,  and finally, nobody likes each other because they're homers, and take pride in their teams and hardly ever admit when they're wrong. Lol

Pretty accurate lol 

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, didn't know that.  Her voice stayed in my when I lived in Port Neches and traveled to a game there.

I may be wrong but I believe the reason they got rid of her was because of what she was doing over the loudspeaker during opponents offensive plays. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

RedDawn welcome to the site.

And the madness that includes "opinions".  Speak your mind, ignore the trolls and keep your arguments simple.

I'm new myself to conversing with the big dogs but most are informative and lend good examples to posting opinions.

But beware.....everyone is moody.

It's Sports.

Ya. I get moody too. Let's all have fun. Everyone's winning district!!!  Go everyone!!!

17 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Notes taken. Thank you!!!

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Hey back off our train horn! L-Train is here to stay :) Lol

9 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Hey back off our train horn! L-Train is here to stay :) Lol

Man. We have a train horn too but I understand why everyone hates on the L-Train. That Son-of-a-Gun is Loud and even when we had a huge lead against you guys in New Caney last year that dang horn just kept on coming. We honk our horn when we do something good. I think y'alls horn is operated by a foreign exchange student from Iceland with ADHD that's never seen a football game before. Put me down in the anti-L-Train column!!!

(Honestly love the spirit. Great job!!!)

4 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Man. We have a train horn too but I understand why everyone hates on the L-Train. That Son-of-a-Gun is Loud and even when we had a huge lead against you guys in New Caney last year that dang horn just kept on coming. We honk our horn when we do something good. I think y'alls horn is operated by a foreign exchange student from Iceland with ADHD that's never seen a football game before. Put me down in the anti-L-Train column!!!

(Honestly love the spirit. Great job!!!)

It can be overused sometimes lol but I still love it!!