It's official...UIL football championships returning to AT&T

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, tennisbc said:

So much for a rotation of venues, this was to be expected. The money is in that area and so you go with the money. 

Not true. Houston didn't who up last year...pure and simple. People didn't come out to the games. The truth is AT&T is simply a better venue and a bigger draw, and it's in a better location. Cut and dried.

9 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Not true. Houston didn't who up last year...pure and simple. People didn't come out to the games. The truth is AT&T is simply a better venue and a bigger draw, and it's in a better location. Cut and dried.

Disagree withe your last sentence but I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Lets face it the fans from the Dallas area did not travel to Houston to view any teams due to the big 5A and 6A teams from that region did not make to state. I was at the WOS state game and it seemed that game was one of the biggest draws and they were 4A. I just hope in the future the UIL agrees to rotate the games as they stated they would but again money talks. Nothing against AT&T stadium but UIL is a money making machine and Dallas area is where the money is period.

27 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Lets face it the fans from the Dallas area did not travel to Houston to view any teams due to the big 5A and 6A teams from that region did not make to state. I was at the WOS state game and it seemed that game was one of the biggest draws and they were 4A. I just hope in the future the UIL agrees to rotate the games as they stated they would but again money talks. Nothing against AT&T stadium but UIL is a money making machine and Dallas area is where the money is period.

I agree. When you decide not to attend simply because the game is being held in Houston, then try to make a valid point that AT&T is superior, that's crazy. Yes, AT&T is very nice; however, it's not fair that Houston and NRG is getting such backlash due to those simply not attending because the game were not in DFW.

I've read and heard some say that they didn't attend because they don't like Houston... traffic is too bad... etc..  All EXCUSES!!!

30 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

I agree.  The crowd would have looked different if you had schools like Allen playing in Houston.

Let's be real, despite all of the rhetoric from the UIL about it being in support of a rotation, it never intended the championships to leave AT&T Stadium.  The only reason it was played at NRG this past year was that a Cowboys' screw up put an NFL game in AT&T on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Let's be real, despite all of the rhetoric from the UIL about it being in support of a rotation, it never intended the championships to leave AT&T Stadium.  The only reason it was played at NRG this past year was that a Cowboys' screw up put an NFL game in AT&T on Saturday.

You are correct, UIL has been and will forever will be in favor of AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys will always leave those dates open for the state championships. More money for UIL and Jerry.

12 hours ago, liltex said:

I've been to ATT for every state championship for every 3 day combined games,the venue,parking,event staff,the monster center video screen w/fan interaction,the commute from numerous easy drive hotels is awesome,i will soon make reservations

This. It is just a better venue......that is all there is to it.

15 hours ago, tennisbc said:

You are correct, UIL has been and will forever will be in favor of AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys will always leave those dates open for the state championships. More money for UIL and Jerry.

If I remember correctly, I read a few years ago that Jerry barely makes enough money off of this weekend to pay the electricity used during the three days. It's not about money to him, he's selling an experience. No one grows up dreaming of playing for a state championship at NRG, or the Alamodome.

10 minutes ago, Scatright said:

If I remember correctly, I read a few years ago that Jerry barely makes enough money off of this weekend to pay the electricity used during the three days. It's not about money to him, he's selling an experience. No one grows up dreaming of playing for a state championship at NRG, or the Alamodome.

Jerrah uses the UIL to draw attention to Dallas Cowboys. Last time I checked we still sucked like OU, at least the kids enjoy the experience though. 

12 minutes ago, Scatright said:

No, they grow up dreaming of playing for a state championship period, does not matter where. The bottom line is to play for a state championship where is not really what matters. I could care less where as long as my team, students, coaches, and fans get to see it and be there. The venue is secondary, the game is foremost. AT&T, or wherever, just as long as you get there is what matters.

14 minutes ago, Scatright said:

One only dreams of playing in the game, period. I'm sure that WOS didn't mind winning the championship game at NRG.

2 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

One only dreams of playing in the game, period. I'm sure that WOS didn't mind winning the championship game at NRG.

WOS wouldn't have minded winning the championship game if it were played in Deweyville.

Nothing fancy about the way those people operate. If you polled the kids in East Tex/Cen Tx/ Panhandle/ and a lot of the big schools around Hou/Bmt, the vast majority would certainly say Jerry's world is where they want to play the biggest game of their HS lives.

I like the rotation myself, but I understand the reason "economically" and for "game type experience" for it to be played in Arlington.

1 minute ago, theNeed4Speed said:

WOS wouldn't have minded winning the championship game if it were played in Deweyville.

Nothing fancy about the way those people operate. If you polled the kids in East Tex/Cen Tx/ Panhandle/ and a lot of the big schools around Hou/Bmt, the vast majority would certainly say Jerry's world is where they want to play the biggest game of their HS lives.

I like the rotation myself, but I understand the reason "economically" and for "game type experience" for it to be played in Arlington.

Most definitely. There was a time that playing at the Astrodome/Texas Stadium was big... At least where I grew up.

2 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

That's exactly what I am saying. Of course they would want to play for a state title everywhere, but why not create an atmosphere where it's not just the championship that creates the memory, but the experience of playing on the biggest stage any of them will every see in their lives?