Art Briels Out at Baylor

BADSANTA

3 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

with a chip, too

haha

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I bet the Longhorns are happy. They were taking a recruiting beating since Briles went to Baylor.

The happiest team in the state is Texas Tech. They can now slip in on the spread suited guys and make a play. Baylor had pretty much locked them out of the discussion for the top guys.

The larger issue is we have entitled kids (players) running around with no accountability. Add to that the influence from most of the music these days that constantly demeans women and refers to them as B's and H's, and you have a recipe for disaster. Entitlement babies preying on those who they believe are prizes and not people creates a culture where NO is not an acceptable answer. It's hard for me to believe that any coach or institution will ever be able to get that totally under control.

8 minutes ago, Scatright said:

The larger issue is we have entitled kids (players) running around with no accountability. Add to that the influence from most of the music these days that constantly demeans women and refers to them as B's and H's, and you have a recipe for disaster. Entitlement babies preying on those who they believe are prizes and not people creates a culture where NO is not an acceptable answer. It's hard for me to believe that any coach or institution will ever be able to get that totally under control.

Yep

14 minutes ago, Scatright said:

This is the hidden content, please

Interesting article. Even more interesting is Martin using the term "my hotline is blinging". Geez.

Great comments by Mrs Padgett. I would certainly feel better sending a female to school at Baylor right now with them under a microscope.  Most people have NO idea just how bad this stuff is happening at colleges all over the country.  They are all heartbreaking stories but the one about the Mizzou swimmer, Sasha Menu Courey, is especially sad as she ultimately took her own life.  There needs to more attention and focus on the subject of Sexual Assault with college students.  It is a much bigger problem than most will admit to.  And if you have a daughter going to college soon or in college now, it is terrifying.    

2 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Great comments by Mrs Padgett. I would certainly feel better sending a female to school at Baylor right now with them under a microscope.  Most people have NO idea just how bad this stuff is happening at colleges all over the country.  They are all heartbreaking stories but the one about the Mizzou swimmer, Sasha Menu Courey, is especially sad as she ultimately took her own life.  There needs to more attention and focus on the subject of Sexual Assault with college students.  It is a much bigger problem than most will admit to.  And if you have a daughter going to college soon or in college now, it is terrifying.    

My daughter just finished her freshman year at Lamar. It is scary.

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol Baylor didn't even have a QB when they played UT stop it...I think Baylor would've went undefeated had Seth Russell not gotten hurt....you see what happened to UNC in the bowl game when Briles had time to gameplan with a 3rd string QB over 400 yards rushing the guys is a GENUIS, if yall think he won't be back on someone's sidelines you're crazy.

You stop it...Texas didn't have a QB all year, just someone at the position. If Baylor would have protected their first two QB better in that game I believe Baylor would have won, but Baylor lost.

2 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You stop it...Texas didn't have a QB all year, just someone at the position. If Baylor would have protected their first two QB better in that game I believe Baylor would have won, but Baylor lost.

Well PJ gave one of them a concussion so um……. 

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Yeah I would've punished him but definitely would not have fired him that's just me though, he single handily turned my program into the best program in the state. So no I wouldn't have fired him suspended him and fined him but definitely wouldn't have fired him, you think bama fires Saban if something like this comes up? Exactly Briles is one of the few brilliant coaches out there no way you just let him go so yes IMO Baylor is dumb now they are going to go back to being irrelevant again.

Let his football players RAPE young girls and did NOTHING!!! From my understanding, from what I have read and hear on ESPN this was going on for several years!!! I was an Art Briles fan. Please explain your self ozensfinest, are you saying it is ok to rape girls as long as you get wins? Is turning a program from a failure to a winner so important? Baylor has not been backed by the SBC for several years now, but is still known as a Baptist school. Baylor has a long and hard journey ahead of them.

2 hours ago, Scatright said:

Newest thing circulating around Baylor now is the investigation of some "un-named" boosters who've been accused of giving money and "items" to a few of the players. I've never heard of such a thing in college sports, particularly football. LOL

21 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

Newest thing circulating around Baylor now is the investigation of some "un-named" boosters who've been accused of giving money and "items" to a few of the players. I've never heard of such a thing in college sports, particularly football. LOL

Oh, the floodgates are about to open. If there was a transgression around Baylor's football program, it's about to come out. The happiest place in the world right now is Ole Miss. They can announce their self imposed penalties and get no press because Baylor's wheels are actively falling off.

2 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Oh, the floodgates are about to open. If there was a transgression around Baylor's football program, it's about to come out. The happiest place in the world right now is Ole Miss. They can announce their self imposed penalties and get no press because Baylor's wheels are actively falling off.

+1

8 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Oh trust me Ole Miss aint going unnoticed, alot of media are criticizing them for releasing their issues under the umbrella of Baylor, and rightfully so. Im pretty sure they were just waiting on some other college news to hit so they could do this. I really hope those few ppl that were on here trying to defend Ole Miss few years ago show back up soon, I really wanna see their thoughts on the oh so peachy clean football program they got running in Oxford under Hugh Freeze. 

30 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

How can you possibly say Baylor shouldn't have fired Briles? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They did the right thing. At least anyone with good morales would see it that way.

You are talking to Ozenfinest? You might as well try to have an intelligent conversation with a fence post. 

45 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Per a source, Baylor RB signee Kameron Martin doesn't plan to enroll next week and has asked for release from his letter of intent.

36 retweets 22 likes

Which one has the Baylor tattoo? I think it's Martin, right?

What are the chances they release him? Probably slim.