Art Briels Out at Baylor

BADSANTA

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If UT was to hire Art after all this mess they would be the laughingstock of CFB. 

Buddy I'm not sure if you know this or not but people tend to forgive when you're winning...it's that simple like I said this happens everywhere(especially at private universities) Briles just so happened to get caught

28 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

He will not work in the NCAA again. We are not taking about a coach who cheated on his wife with a student. That's immoral, not illegal.

He condoned the covered up and coercion of a sexual assault victim (maybe more than one) in order for his thug players to help him win games- That's immoral and illegal. 

If Baylor were true to their mission statement:

The mission of Baylor University is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.

Based on recent events involving athletics on campus, they would shut down the athletics program as a whole. 

Luke 16:13 says: No servant can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and wealth! 

Baylor has clearly sold their soul to win games.

I'll bet you whatever you want to bet Art Briles will be the head coach at D-1 program again...

6 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

They weren't taking a recruiting beating and UT even won last years meeting no matter how, they got the W.  Baylor is good because.......and also that should say, Baylor was good!

Lol Baylor didn't even have a QB when they played UT stop it...I think Baylor would've went undefeated had Seth Russell not gotten hurt....you see what happened to UNC in the bowl game when Briles had time to gameplan with a 3rd string QB over 400 yards rushing the guys is a GENUIS, if yall think he won't be back on someone's sidelines you're crazy.

3 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol Baylor didn't even have a QB when they played UT stop it...I think Baylor would've went undefeated had Seth Russell not gotten hurt....you see what happened to UNC in the bowl game when Briles had time to gameplan with a 3rd string QB over 400 yards rushing the guys is a GENUIS, if yall think he won't be back on someone's sidelines you're crazy.

As "dominate" as Baylor has been against UT, they are 4-4 in the last 8.  I guess he is a GENIUS when it comes to football, standing up for what's right though, Moron!

Are you insinuating that since it "happens everywhere" that he shouldn't have been fired for covering up sexual assaults by his players? It's a sad reality that he will coach again, which I have no doubt, but his butt ought to worried about a prison sentence not what job he is gonna take next. 

2 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

As "dominate" as Baylor has been against UT, they are 4-4 in the last 8.  I guess he is a GENIUS when it comes to football, standing up for what's right though, Moron!

I never said they were dominant against UT so where are you getting this from? Nor did I say what he done was right, I just said it happens everywhere and he'll be coaching again. Too much sugar in your coffee this morning? Lol

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

I never said they were dominant against UT so where are you getting this from? Nor did I say what he done was right, I just said it happens everywhere and he'll be coaching again. Too much sugar in your coffee this morning? Lol

The dominant thing was to Trading up ant mound not to you.  Of course I know they didn't have a QB the last meeting and that is why UT won.  W is a W though.  I also wouldn't say it happens everywhere to this extent, but it happens a lot of places. Look at the sexual assault culture that was in the military.  

1 minute ago, HFfan5 said:

Are you insinuating that since it "happens everywhere" that he shouldn't have been fired for covering up sexual assaults by his players? It's a sad reality that he will coach again, which I have no doubt, but his butt ought to worried about a prison sentence not what job he is gonna take next. 

I'm not insinuating anything you are, my point is if you're mad at Briles for this then you probably should stop rooting for your favorite coach because he's probably covered up one of his players rapes as well. Like I said this is nothing new it happens everywhere.

3 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

The dominant thing was to Trading up ant mound not to you.  Of course I know they didn't have a QB the last meeting and that is why UT won.  W is a W though.  I also wouldn't say it happens everywhere to this extent, but it happens a lot of places. Look at the sexual assault culture that was in the military.  

If you think UT is the same as they've been in the past, you're as dillusional as the other Crosby fans. TCU, Baylor, and U of H are taking recruits from UT. At the end of the day UT may be ranked higher for recruits, but those schools are stealing some of the cream of the crop. Don't get mad at me because Texas is like 5th or 6th best in Texas. Lol btw, I could care less since I'm an LSU guy.

2 minutes ago, HFfan5 said:

That's the vibe I was getting from you that is why I asked the question. You called Baylor dumb for firing him. If you were the AD and all this is coming down on you, your university is on ESPN everyday with these allegations and cover ups coming to light. Do you keep him as your Head football coach?

Yeah I would've punished him but definitely would not have fired him that's just me though, he single handily turned my program into the best program in the state. So no I wouldn't have fired him suspended him and fined him but definitely wouldn't have fired him, you think bama fires Saban if something like this comes up? Exactly Briles is one of the few brilliant coaches out there no way you just let him go so yes IMO Baylor is dumb now they are going to go back to being irrelevant again.

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

If you think UT is the same as they've been in the past, you're as dillusional as the other Crosby fans. TCU, Baylor, and U of H are taking recruits from UT. At the end of the day UT may be ranked higher for recruits, but those schools are stealing some of the cream of the crop. Don't get mad at me because Texas is like 5th or 6th best in Texas. Lol btw, I could care less since I'm an LSU guy.

Regardless of UT's recent struggles, they will always survive. I wouldn't be surprised if they get back to the top of the Big 12 sooner rather than later.

Baylor on the other hand, is about to take a major tumble. I think that is why Baylor fans are so mad. They know whats coming, and the future has very few wins in it. OF is right, it happens. However, this is bad for Briles, real bad. He will not be on the sideline for the foreseeable future, thats a given. I would not be totally shocked if he never gets another D1 job again. This is about as close to a death penalty as you can get. With season being so close, Baylor will be in complete disarray, and think of all of the future recruits that will not even consider Baylor now. Briles was the reason they were going. With their performance looking like it will take a major hit in the coming years, I cannot see a major prospect gong to Waco without a Briles there.

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

Yeah I would've punished him but definitely would not have fired him that's just me though, he single handily turned my program into the best program in the state. So no I wouldn't have fired him suspended him and fined him but definitely wouldn't have fired him, you think bama fires Saban if something like this comes up? Exactly Briles is one of the few brilliant coaches out there no way you just let him go so yes IMO Baylor is dumb now they are going to go back to being irrelevant again.

If something like that happens at Bama , Saban kicks the kid off the team.  Same for the UT coach.  Look what happened to the kid from Ozen last year and that wasn't near what's going on with Baylor.

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Your original statement of Baylor killing UT in recruiting has been proven wrong.  2-2 in the last 4 and 4-4.  This is with Mack being bad his last couple of years and Charlie coming in, cleaning house and starting the rebuilding process.  If you don't think Texas is getting better under Charlie Strong you are the dilusional one.  And Charlie has done it without taking transfers with issues from Boise State or covering up Rapes with the Austin PD!  Waco will still be better known for the Branch Dividians and a school there covering up rape than a winning program.

3 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Regardless of UT's recent struggles, they will always survive. I wouldn't be surprised if they get back to the top of the Big 12 sooner rather than later.

Baylor on the other hand, is about to take a major tumble. I think that is why Baylor fans are so mad. They know whats coming, and the future has very few wins in it. OF is right, it happens. However, this is bad for Briles, real bad. He will not be on the sideline for the foreseeable future, thats a given. I would not be totally shocked if he never gets another D1 job again. This is about as close to a death penalty as you can get. With season being so close, Baylor will be in complete disarray, and think of all of the future recruits that will not even consider Baylor now. Briles was the reason they were going. With their performance looking like it will take a major hit in the coming years, I cannot see a major prospect gong to Waco without a Briles there.

I agree with you. I believe besides coaching, Texas fell off when Briles went to Baylor and started snagging some really good recruits. TCU, U of H have had recent success as well and are picking up really good recruits. Years ago, Texas had it's choice on whoever they wanted in Texas. Now, not so much. That was the point I was trying to make. Baylor will fall down with the likes of Kansas now.

11 minutes ago, bigdog said:

If something like that happens at Bama , Saban kicks the kid off the team.  Same for the UT coach.  Look what happened to the kid from Ozen last year and that wasn't near what's going on with Baylor.

You talking about the same guy that still has two guys on the team that just got caught with weed and guns last week? Lol ohhhh ok

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

I agree with you. I believe besides coaching, Texas fell off when Briles went to Baylor and started snagging some really good recruits. TCU, U of H have had recent success as well and are picking up really good recruits. Years ago, Texas had it's choice on whoever they wanted in Texas. Now, not so much. That was the point I was trying to make. Baylor will fall down with the likes of Kansas now.

Texas fell off when they had their choices of players, and missed on those players. Nothing other schools have done, in my opinion, has caused UT to fall. The Longhorn did this to themselves and it is up to them to get out of it. You cannot repeatedly miss at the QB position. 

3 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Texas fell off when they had their choices of players, and missed on those players. Nothing other schools have done, in my opinion, has caused UT to fall. The Longhorn did this to themselves and it is up to them to get out of it. You cannot repeatedly miss at the QB position. 

Bingo, didn't they want a couple of heisman winners to play cornerback?  You can miss at middle linebacker, but you better not repeatedly miss at QB.

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

That's something that Briles does very well lol I believe every QB he's coached since he was at UH has gone to the NFL, UT should take notes. UT is a thing of the past hate to say it but it's true and it won't change anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

You talking about the same guy that still has two guys on the team that just got caught with weed and guns last week? Lol ohhhh ok

As far as I know Saban hasn't disciplined them yet, at least thats what I gathered from his interview. Saban is the same guy who kicked a 2nd chance player off the team who had domestic violence issues who btw actually didnt do anything to the girl while at Bama as reported come to find out, so we'll see how he handles these two that had a deadly weapon on them with the weed. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

As far as I know Saban hasn't disciplined them yet, at least thats what I gathered from his interview. Saban is the same guy who kicked a 2nd chance player off the team who had domestic violence issues who btw actually didnt do anything to the girl while at Bama as reported come to find out, so we'll see how he handles these two that had a deadly weapon on them with the weed. 

Yeah but guess what that 2nd chance player wasn't a projected first round pick now was he? Lol you know damn well Saban ain't kicking either one of those kids off the team.