LCM vs Jasper

4 hours ago, bears09 said:

special guest throwing out the first pitch thursday.  our skipper is asking for our baseball alumni to bring an extra dollar or two to pitch in on a gift for him.  going to pass the hat just before game time.

he added that it is a joint venture by he and his friend coach Kirkland and both communities.

Beau Hale?

It is such a shame that an important area High School baseball game can not be played in a stadium that would hold more than a few hundred people. It never should be a one game home field advantage for ANY team this deep in the playoffs. I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't even care who wins. I am just a high school baseball fan that enjoys watching a good game but I probably will not be able to even get in because of the small amount of seating and standing room. I just think that the UIL would not let this type of thing happen. It is obvious to every single baseball fan that this game should be played at Lamar University. No- Brainer. Coaches and administrators should be ashamed of themselves. These kids deserve better .

Ticket Sales- Here is the way it will work. Come to Gibbons Field at 10 a.m. You will be given either a Maroon or Green card. At exactly 2 p.m. there will be a flip of a coin. If the coin lands Maroon- only Jasper fans get tickets to the game. Green- only LCM fans allowed. This the only fair way to play the game.

4 hours ago, 78Stang said:

It is such a shame that an important area High School baseball game can not be played in a stadium that would hold more than a few hundred people. It never should be a one game home field advantage for ANY team this deep in the playoffs. I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't even care who wins. I am just a high school baseball fan that enjoys watching a good game but I probably will not be able to even get in because of the small amount of seating and standing room. I just think that the UIL would not let this type of thing happen. It is obvious to every single baseball fan that this game should be played at Lamar University. No- Brainer. Coaches and administrators should be ashamed of themselves. These kids deserve better .

Everyone deserves better.  I probably would not have gone to the game anyway.  My plans are to watch BC, and listen to Jasper.  But for any fans out there that have not seen  McMillon pitch, and want to see him, I hope that you get a chance to see him pitch against BC next week.

These Jasper kids have been playing in "big" games their whole life !!! Nothing LCM can do to distract them.  I have a feeling the LCM crowd won't have much to cheer for after the game starts.  Jasper without a doubt had the toughest route through region 3. 

7 hours ago, T-daddy said:

These Jasper kids have been playing in "big" games their whole life !!! Nothing LCM can do to distract them.  I have a feeling the LCM crowd won't have much to cheer for after the game starts.  Jasper without a doubt had the toughest route through region 3. 

Those are pretty strong words, and I don't know if I totally agree.  LCM will have an excellent chance if their pitching throws a shutout.  Here's hoping for the game to be decided on the field, by the players.  Good luck to both teams.

LCM has every right to want to play on their home field. If they had won the coin flip for a best 2 out of 3 series then they probably would have played all three at Lamar. But, with only one shot at McMillion then they chose to play at home. I don't blame them, but it is disappointing as a fan. But, it gives LCM the best chance to win and that is what coaches are supposed to do.

21 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

LCM has every right to want to play on their home field. If they had won the coin flip for a best 2 out of 3 series then they probably would have played all three at Lamar. But, with only one shot at McMillion then they chose to play at home. I don't blame them, but it is disappointing as a fan. But, it gives LCM the best chance to win and that is what coaches are supposed to do.

Well then he shouldn't have agreed on VB initially, jmo

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

I stand corrected also,  that's what you get for believing what you read in the media! (KJAS specifically)!

I understand now that it was never agreed to play at VB it was just discussed in the beginning as a possible venue.  There was never a "gentleman agreement" to play at VB.  The day of the flip it was very clear that it was never agreed to play VB and everyone understood exactly what was at stake.   Well played Coach Griff!  

Griff would have been crazy to play a one game series against Jasper at VB. Smart move on his part to have it at LCM. At this point in the playoffs you do whatever you have to do within the rules to give your kids the best chance at advancing. Smart decision on Griff's part. It's not his first rodeo.

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

The only field he ever agreed on was LCM. VB was only an option. 

They checked availability of Lamar.  It was available, just as Jasper and LCM fields were.  When the meeting took place to set up the game he flipped for LCM.  Prior to that meeting the only thing that was set in stone was how many games would be played.

Crush is correct about the rodeo.

LCM baseball has played 90 playoff games in last 20 years.  Many were at home. (and crowded like we were at our Silsbee game in Jasper)   Many were at the other team's home. (and crowded)  Many were neutral.  (some crowded and some not) This one, by virtue of a won coin toss, will be at home.

Good luck to both teams.

(for those that will question the number 90 above, it says "games", not series) 

13 minutes ago, lcmfan said:

Lets play game day trivia:

What was the location of the field that LCM and Jasper played on the last game they played in the playoffs?

I like the answer so much I cannot sit around and wait on the guesses.

IT WAS JASPER! 

I think Jasper hasn't beat us in playoffs either.  I would like to know the wins and loses between Jasper and LCM. It doesn't matter in this game but I'm just curious. Lcm fan if we win you can bet people are going to blame the home field advantage and noise to be the factor. So you might as well get ready for unruly comments. I support Coach Griff decision where he wants to play the game.

I think most understand and If they do blame it on noise and field advantage then they don't get the sport anyway.  I can promise you no matter how stupid people get,  no one in the LCM program or fan base is truly going to care! 

It was a huge gamble and paid off for LCM,  can you image if it wouldn't have turned out this way, and it was other way around,  One game, on Thursday, in Jasper. 

Ouch!!

1 minute ago, rykerx144 said:

I think most understand and If they do blame it on noise and field advantage then they don't understand anyway.  I can promise you no matter how stupid people get,  no one in the LCM program or fan base is truly going to care! 

It was a huge gamble and paid off for LCM,  can you image if it wouldn't have turned out this way, and it was other way around,  One game, on Thursday, in Jasper. 

Ouch!!

To be honest I love Jaspers field. I think we are the under dogs no matter where we play. Jasper has a great pitcher, team and good coaching. Let's just hope for safe travels for everyone and a good ball game.