LCM vs Jasper

Seriously, at The LCM/Silsbee (@Jasper)and LCM/Huffman Games(LCM)... The Atmosphere was Crazy Loud and sitting with Friends (LCM) watching (rooting) Kids (Friends) that played with My son or i Coached them in there youth years ......Let's not forget LCM always been known (Tradition) for Baseball.....Literally I caught the CHILLS From How LOUD LCM Fans Where!!!!. (LCM/Silsbee &LCM/Huffman Games) Its gonna play a factor but thats what TEXAS HIGHSCHOOL BASEBALL IS ALL ABOUT(Home field Advantage/ Loud Crowd )...JASPER Baseball Program has  (Tradition)as Well......Griff has a Track Record (Great Coach),and Seasoned for these MOMENTS  ......Like I said in the LCM/Huffman topic......Don't count Griff out in a 1 Gamer @LCM......Griff been having that RABBIT FOOT IN his back POCKET since district play ended.........LOL ..Something Brewing.........to be continued 

13 hours ago, bear said:

there is no protest 

there was no gentleman's agreement. 

and there was no confusion. we flipped lcm vs jasper (with understanding if jasper won the flip they could still use Lamar as their home field if decided to)

innacurrate and irresponsible jounalism. there should be a law against it. 

Well, it looks as though someone is not telling the truth. LC-M or Jasper?

I see that KJAS has changed their story a little bit. ;)

there is no protest 

there was no gentleman's agreement. 

and there was no confusion. we flipped lcm vs jasper (with understanding if jasper won the flip they could still use Lamar as their home field if decided to)

innacurrate and irresponsible jounalism. there should be a law against it. 

bear has it correct.  

28 minutes ago, LandonWright said:

love to have been a fly on the wall when this coin flip happened... I'm sure Jasper's jaw dropped when Griff told them it was going to be a HOME game

No, the wall I would have wanted to be a fly on is in Barbay's office when Kirkland told him that the game was going to be in Little Cypress and not in Beaumont.  Because judging from the fallout, this was MOST unwelcome news! LOL

Perhaps both sides are parsing their comments somewhat.  I tend to more believe the Jasper version of using Beck field.  That is all that seems to make sense to me from a fans standpoint.  The fans, all fans, not just Jasper and LCM fans are the big losers in this.  After LCM and Jasper sell their alottment of tickets to the game, there probably will be none at all for people that would like to see a good game, and some just might like to see McMillan pitch.  Who knows what the future holds, but someday he might be one of those stories you could tell your grandkids about seeing pitch.  Then again, maybe not.  Beck field would have still been a "home" game for LCM.  If Jasper had not cared about the fans, they could have insisted on a Houston or Huntsville venue to get the game away from the screaming GT fans.

But it is what it is.  Carthage brought plenty of screaming fans to Lufkin.  It still did not win the game for them.  Let's play ball.

17 minutes ago, espn2 said:

If jasper was all about the fans why wouldn't they play 3. What fan doesn't want to see these two teams lock horns 3 times.

Jasper graduates Friday, LCM Saturday.   Only 1 game can be played on a school night, so it would have been really tough on both to play 3.  

29 minutes ago, espn2 said:

If jasper was all about the fans why wouldn't they play 3. What fan doesn't want to see these two teams lock horns 3 times.

Well, for sure that worked for Jasper against China Spring.  It is strange to me that LCM apparently thought one game series were good up until this week though.......  The number of games, and the stadium are two different issues.  

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:
6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

LCM has been a tear in the playoffs and Griff deserves all the credit in the world. With that being said, they did have to play a "playoff game" just to get in.

Jasper ends the Cinderella story this week, IMO. 

LCM did have to play a playoff game to get in . But they also sent the District Champs back home last week. 

Well, I guess owe bear an apology on this one.  I took his anger at KJAS as just a knee jerk reaction, but the more I learn, I see where that anger is well placed.  Every communication, both from those closely involved in the issue as well as those who have no ties to either school, that I have seen every since indicates that all parties at the flip were aware that the flip for "home team" was a flip to determine venue, not just last at bat.

I guess what have also learned since then further justifies the anger.  That is that as early as yesterday, it was communicated to KJAS that the "home team" flip was intended by both sides to be indeed a venue flip, yet they did not acknowledge that until just a few minutes ago:

This is the hidden content, please

To Coach Griffith, Coach Crouch and the folks at LC-M, my apologies on this one.

35 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, I guess owe bear an apology on this one.  I took his anger at KJAS as just a knee jerk reaction, but the more I learn, I see where that anger is well placed.  Every communication, both from those closely involved in the issue as well as those who have no ties to either school, that I have seen every since indicates that all parties at the flip were aware that the flip for "home team" was a flip to determine venue, not just last at bat.

I guess what have also learned since then further justifies the anger.  That is that as early as yesterday, it was communicated to KJAS that the "home team" flip was intended by both sides to be indeed a venue flip, yet they did not acknowledge that until just a few minutes ago:

This is the hidden content, please

To Coach Griffith, Coach Crouch and the folks at LC-M, my apologies on this one.

So, the big question, why did Barbay say what he said? It is very clear that his own baseball coach knew what the circumstances were with the flip.