Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7 Silsbee 2/Final/LC-M wins series 1-0

30 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

So you're telling me it's not classy to cheer on your team? We all do it in football, and different teams have different ways of cheering, so why is it not classy to do so in baseball? 

At times it's perfectly fine,  but when you purposely bang, stomp your feet and shake corn at our pitchers, I think it's  not cool, jmo. Why didn't you cheer your pitchers on in such a way? Could have heard a pin drop when LCM was on the mound. But I guess that's just smoketown class; ) 

Congrats to y'all! 

1 minute ago, Maroon4 said:

At times it's perfectly fine,  but when you purposely bang, stomp your feet and shake corn at our pitchers, I think it's  not cool, jmo. Why didn't you cheer your pitchers on in such a way? Could have heard a pin drop when LCM was on the mound. But I guess that's just Smoketown class; ) 

Congrats to y'all! 

Football and baseball, not the same! 

Hats off to the Bears. They definitely came to play. Jumped on those first pitches early in the game and got the early lead and never looked back.  The top tw Tiger pitchers definitely didn't have very good games.  The Bears had Sundgrens number and Partain couldn't hit the strike zone.  Early on the Tigers were putting the bat on the ball but hit them right at the Bears defense. Then Lee got that breaking ball working and pretty much had his way with the Tigers lineup all night.  Good luck LCM the rest of the way.  Great season Tigers and looking forward to another good year next year only losing Youngblood to graduation!

37 minutes ago, Maroon4 said:

When did I say the noise makers was why LCM was winning, I said it was annoying and not classy, I know why we lost. I was there! 

Nosie Makers not Classy???? Its supposed to be annoying that's why They're call NOSIE MAKERS.......I was at the game as well, and the atmosphere was great for a Playoff Game.....LCM was the better team.....Its hard to beat a team 3x

15 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Nosie Makers not Classy???? Its supposed to be annoying that's why They're call NOSIE MAKERS.......I was at the game as well, and the atmosphere was great for a Playoff Game.....LCM was the better team.....Its hard to beat a team 3x

We looked good for a 4th seed team didn't we?

9 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

We looked good for a 4th seed team didn't we?

LCM look Great and the LCM Faithfuls was Loud and Proud..... I can bet a Silsbee Fan brought up Basketball, It never fails......I've never seen so many sore losers....lol

19 minutes ago, Maroon4 said:

At times it's perfectly fine,  but when you purposely bang, stomp your feet and shake corn at our pitchers, I think it's  not cool, jmo. Why didn't you cheer your pitchers on in such a way? Could have heard a pin drop when LCM was on the mound. But I guess that's just smoketown class; ) 

Congrats to y'all! 

Lol Class now this.........WOS bring There Band Tomorrow...... Kmsl

58 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I

I understand your upset y'all  lost. But i can guarantee  you would not have said nothing if Silsbee would have been doing all the cheering and won the game. To my knowledge  LCM has always done that in the playoffs.  

Wrong, I said something and moved my seat out of the stands the first moment I heard your noisemakers. This is my sons first time this deep in the playoffs for HS ball and haven't experienced anything like it yet, guess I'll be ready and have my earplugs next year! 

Heck yeah I'm upset we lost, but believe me, it has nothing to do with your stomping feet and corn shakers! Just thought some of it (not all) was unnecessary. 

Sorry I stated my opinion, and again.... Congrats!!! Good luck!!!!  

1 hour ago, Maroon4 said:

At times it's perfectly fine,  but when you purposely bang, stomp your feet and shake corn at our pitchers, I think it's  not cool, jmo. Why didn't you cheer your pitchers on in such a way? Could have heard a pin drop when LCM was on the mound. But I guess that's just smoketown class ) 

Congrats to y'all! 

I root for Silsbee more often than not (except when they are playing a team from the OC).  But "smoketown" and "class" don't belong in the same sentence.  I like Silsbee folks.  But that self-imposed nickname is a 100 times worse than a noisemaker.  Just my humble opinion...

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

I root for Silsbee more often than not (except when they are playing a team from the OC).  But "smoketown" and "class" don't belong in the same sentence.  I like Silsbee folks.  But that self-imposed nickname is a 100 times worse than a noisemaker.  Just my humble opinion...

That's the first time I've heard anyone call us smoketown. But they have been called caneyhead for a long time now. They even got a Caney head store lol

And by the way, great season Tigers.  And school year for that matter.  I didn't think the overall year from the 2013-2014 could be surpassed but I think you did it.  Definitely a year for the books.  

And keep it going LCM.  Hope there's another district meeting after this week between two county rivals with a trip to Austin on the line!

1 minute ago, LCM17 said:

That's the first time I've heard anyone call us smoketown. But they have been called caneyhead for a long time now. They even got a Caney head store lol

No.  Some people in Silsbee call themselves Smoketown.  And I know plenty from there that aren't fond of the moniker.  It's mostly the kids from what I can gather.  

16 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No.  Some people in Silsbee call themselves Smoketown.  And I know plenty from there that aren't fond of the moniker.  It's mostly the kids from what I can gather.  

I guess i don't know the slang term of smoketown shoot me a message i would  like to know lol

2 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I guess i don't know the slang term of smoketown shoot me a message i would  like to know lol

I'm not that "hip" either buddy.  I'm not sure there is a universal agreed upon meaning.  And some probably use it without giving any thought to the meaning so it's innocent.  I do have friends from Silsbee though that don't like it all due to the perception some have that it means smoking (not tobacco).  

27 minutes ago, Maroon4 said:

Wrong, I said something and moved my seat out of the stands the first moment I heard your noisemakers. This is my sons first time this deep in the playoffs for HS ball and haven't experienced anything like it yet, guess I'll be ready and have my earplugs next year! 

Heck yeah I'm upset we lost, but believe me, it has nothing to do with your stomping feet and corn shakers! Just thought some of it (not all) was unnecessary. 

Sorry I stated my opinion, and again.... Congrats!!! Good luck!!!!  

No its good that you said your opinion. LCM just takes pride in there baseball program... We use to battle it out with PNG and Nederland. I miss our old district 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm not that "hip" either buddy.  I'm not sure there is a universal agreed upon meaning.  And some probably use it without giving any thought to the meaning so it's innocent.  I do have friends from Silsbee though that don't like it all due to the perception some have that it means smoking (not tobacco).  

I was thinking Chemical plants lol 

Back to the kids, does Silsbee win the best overall athletics program for this school year in SETX?  I think they do for the second time in 3 years (with WOS getting my vote last year).  Of course, the mustangs are still playing and could make a case if they make another run like they did last year. 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Back to the kids, does Silsbee win the best overall athletics program for this school year in SETX?  I think they do for the second time in 3 years (with WOS getting my vote last year).  Of course, the mustangs are still playing and could make a case if they make another run like they did last year. 

Well hopefully we will see the Stangs in two weeks! But I'd  vote for WOS on that

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was being a little facetious when I said  Smoke-town and class together... But for what it's worth, Silsbee,  sometimes referred to as Smoke town by the kids, showed some class tonight. That is all, good luck to LCM and the rest of our district!