Woodville Open

I am sure their will be different sides to Coach Standley's departure which is understandable.  He, his family wanted to stay 100 percent. No need to go into those details, lets just say he has been doing it for 20 years and he can see what an AD wants.  If you want to get to the first bite of problems, look close at Coach Butter and how he was treated.  He is an amazing Coach and the kids, teachers, community loved him. He wanted to stay and deserved way more than he got. That is the first step of a new AD's reign and more comes later.  It is part of the crazy business and is sad. Woodville has amazing kids and the parents are passionate about sports.  I can say Coach Standley landed on his feet but his heart will still love Woodville and miss each and every moment that he spent there. 

Brobie!!!!!  You don't know anything about the situation other than he was on his phone!!!  you are correct, he was ,He was texting the scores to all the haters that said that Woodville kids couldn't make the play-offs.  

16 hours ago, longball24 said:

What ever the case the parents have invested to much time an money to see baseball go belly up. Hearing from some that they will no longer play football and some will transfer or move.things are heating up.

So the school should cower to these parents? So only these kids matter? The parents are going to hold their kids out to prove a point to show their power in the community?  Talk about your entailment culture.

as usual someone always misses the point. It takes everyone to have a successful athletic program. why let 1 person be a hard a and ruin something that many parents and kids have worked for since they were 4 yrs old. yes there are some that have spent more time money and energy in their children than others, they should have more say so than little johnnys parents that have done nothing. are you a giver  or a Taker. These parents have given more than their fair share. The coaches would have nothing if not for the encouragement of the parents  and for their children to work for something and be the best.

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

as usual someone always misses the point. It takes everyone to have a successful athletic program. why let 1 person be a hard a and ruin something that many parents and kids have worked for since they were 4 yrs old. yes there are some that have spent more time money and energy in their children than others, they should have more say so than little johnnys parents that have done nothing. are you a giver  or a Taker. These parents have given more than their fair share. The coaches would have nothing if not for the encouragement of the parents  and for their children to work for something and be the best.

Yes, and it is you. You are trying to sell us a ketchup popsicle and I aint buying. So go sell your nasty worthless opinion somewhere else. 

There is no program without the parents .

The parents??? You gotta be kidding. Thats where so many of the hs problems arise from. 

At the high school level the coaches coach, the kids play the game and the parents pay the taxes. 

They dont even enter into this equation.

Good Luck Coach Stadley at GP. They just got a lot better. 

The parents in woodville do not tell the coaches how to coach never have. As I stated very supportive of the former coaches. This group is very young they have a chance to make a run at state in a couple years don't ruin it is all thes parents are saying maybe coach Wilroy or mixon will take over

The parents in woodville do not tell the coaches how to coach never have. As I stated very supportive of the former coaches. This group is very young they have a chance to make a run at state in a couple years don't ruin it is all thes parents are saying maybe coach Wilroy or mixon will take over

Unless Coach Mixons daughter switches to baseball next year that probably wont be happening. I also heard that Coach Wilroy may not be there next year. Like Coach Stadley, he wasnt happy about it either. Both coaches liked it there.

You all are killing me.....he's been here for 3 mo., made it to first round with some good young kids and oh no Tony LaRussa just slipped through our fingers. Someone got it right a minute ago Brobie you is a dummy. It is just awful there are no more good coaches left in Tx..... not one !!!! Is our baseball field for sale ?  

16 minutes ago, Brobie said:

You all are killing me.....he's been here for 3 mo., made it to first round with some good young kids and oh no Tony LaRussa just slipped through our fingers. Someone got it right a minute ago Brobie you is a dummy. It is just awful there are no more good coaches left in Tx..... not one !!!! Is our baseball field for sale ?  

you have to have a field first before you can sell it.

Parents are a great support system, but the fact is, they are not in any way the mainframe of any athletic program at the highschool level. Yes, they're a major factor, but to say that "there is no program without the parents" is just simply wrong and, although I know you weren't attempting to do this, it seems to put the kids on the back burner. 

17 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

It's time for a return of the King of Tyler County Baseball. There is only one man for this job and his name is Neil Hennigan!!

He needs to head to Warren to go ahead and complete the grandslam lol.  But he's been out of coaching for almost 10 years...and don't think him stepping away when he did was any coincidence...he could see talent starting to dry up/move off and go out before his coaching rep took a hit...

On 5/18/2016 at 2:32 PM, jv_coach said:

So the school should cower to these parents? So only these kids matter? The parents are going to hold their kids out to prove a point to show their power in the community?  Talk about your entailment culture.

JV......why don't you check yourself before you run your mouth. 

What parents are holding their kids out?  Also these parents have put a lot of time and money into these kids to get them ready for their High School career.  That was their parents goal, to hand these kids over to a talented coach and sit back and watch these kids play baseball. The parents just want a baseball coach, not a football lineman coach to coach baseball. Is that to much to ask?  

All the kids matter. As do all sports, not just football.  

1 hour ago, Mac said:

What parents are holding their kids out?  Also these parents have put a lot of time and money into these kids to get them ready for their High School career.  That was their parents goal, to hand these kids over to a talented coach and sit back and watch these kids play baseball. The parents just want a baseball coach, not a football lineman coach to coach baseball. Is that to much to ask?  

Thanks for proving my point. 
Daddy payed a lot of money to get his way for his son growing up, so why stop now, right mac?   Last time I checked at a small school the coach better be able to coach multiple sports.  Also maybe your little johnny is not as talented as you think he is. All kids matter but your kid matters most.  

10 hours ago, Mac said:

Whats wrong with a football lineman coach coaching baseball?

On 5/21/2016 at 11:00 PM, Thornton Melon said:

It's time for a return of the King of Tyler County Baseball. There is only one man for this job and his name is Neil Hennigan!!

Best thing I've heard yet Thorton Melon. I say let's make Woodville Baseball great again. Hennigan-Wilroy in 2017. We will call it "The Return To Glory Tour"