Woodville Open

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

I thought everyone was happy with the new coach. Did this have anything to do with athletic coordinator forcing baseball team to do a heavy weight lifting work out before games.this looks reall bad. Feel bad for the kids.

not saying this is the case, but sometimes when a school hires a new AD the community or school board wants some other coaches gone.  If the baseball coach is leaving over the lifting of weights he  probably was just looking for a reason to leave anyway. 

37 minutes ago, EaglesFan15 said:

Just making sure you weren't saying good riddance to a guy that got a bunch of young kids to play together with one Senior. Win 18 games. 11 District games and Make the Playoffs in a District where they were picked last and finished 2nd.

Nope. Definitely saying good riddance to the guy who spoke multiple times, to the board, parents, and kids, about developing a program, but decided to ditch them after a single year. If someone doesn't want to be here, why would we waste time being disappointed that he's leaving? So...with that said...good riddance and good luck in wherever you go, Coach Stanley. On to the next one!!!

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

I thought everyone was happy with the new coach. Did this have anything to do with athletic coordinator forcing baseball team to do a heavy weight lifting work out before games.this looks reall bad. Feel bad for the kids.

I haven't heard much of anything as to why he is leaving, honestly. I can speculate, but that's about as good as a guess. 

41 minutes ago, EaglesFan15 said:

Just making sure you weren't saying good riddance to a guy that got a bunch of young kids to play together with one Senior. Win 18 games. 11 District games and Make the Playoffs in a District where they were picked last and finished 2nd.

Oh, and I'm sure you're aware of this, but those bunch of kids included 3 seniors. Lol

What's funny is you talk like you know everything about the situation.  I'm not going to go into why the guy is leaving but whatever you've heard is the opposite of what's the truth. Just bc you know someone on the School Board doesn't mean you have the right information. And yea I knew there were 3 Seniors TOTAL. One injured that didn't play a meaningful inning all district and the other knew his role. That one Senior I talked about was the only Senior contributor Wville had. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan15 said:

What's funny is you talk like you know everything about the situation.  I'm not going to go into why the guy is leaving but whatever you've heard is the opposite of what's the truth. Just bc you know someone on the School Board doesn't mean you have the right information. And yea I knew there were 3 Seniors TOTAL. One injured that didn't play a meaningful inning all district and the other knew his role. That one Senior I talked about was the only Senior contributor Wville had. 

I never stated that I heard anything. In fact, I said the exact opposite. I said I hadn't heard anything at all. I have no idea why he's leaving. At all. Even if I had heard something, it damn sure wouldn't have come from the "person I know on the school board". That person actually has made an intentional attempt to refrain from telling me things because people have made ignorant comments much like the one you just made. I stated nothing but my opinion on the situation. If you don't like it and really have a big problem with what I said, message me directly and we can have a conversation about it like adults. If you aren't willing to do that, then don't even bother responding to this, because I have nothing left to say to you on this thread. I actually happen to care a lot about what happens to the sports programs at my Alma mater. It matters to me, unlike the majority of people I have gotten to know in the community in my 15 years here. 

Oh I'll respond right here. And ya know I kind of thought that's the way you did things "tried to get the right info on here". But the comment you made was ill informed and wrong. I know your opinion is respected among a few people on here. That why I checked on you. I think if you would've sat down and asked someone like Standley himself about all this you'd find your comments to be way off base. Just so the rest of you know, his leaving isn't all on his own.

5 minutes ago, EaglesFan15 said:

Oh I'll respond right here. And ya know I kind of thought that's the way you did things "tried to get the right info on here". But the comment you made was ill informed and wrong. I know your opinion is respected among a few people on here. That why I checked on you. I think if you would've sat down and asked someone like Standley himself about all this you'd find your comments to be way off base. Just so the rest of you know, his leaving isn't all on his own.

Again, I don't know why he's leaving. My comment did not state any reason for his leaving. It can't be ill-informed, because there was no informing done at all, by anybody. All I know is that he has/is planning to resign from his head baseball coaching position. That's it. I also happen to have a brother who believed in and respected Coach Standley a great deal, so if I came off as rude or disrespectful towards the coach, I am sorry for that. Like I stated, he is a good guy and his heart was in the right place for these kids.

All I know is that he did an outstanding job and that his kids came to play every single night. 

He's an ET guy and he did not want to leave. Woodville lost a great one, but as what was stated above baseball is baseball. Whatever that means Im sure that had plenty to do with the decision.

Where ever he ends up they got em one hell of a coach with a passion for the game and the ability to get the most out of his players. 

7 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Sounds like baseball is not a priority any more. Hope this is not the case. 

kinda figured that out when they set money aside for a new baseball field and then decided the field could wait.

Good luck coach Standley in wherever you land, If it was because of a few changes by HF/BC then he needs to toughen up and give it a chance. I saw him letting some parents run his lineup and playing on phone in dugout during games...and not game tracker. Don't toot too loud he got knocked out in first round as we have a few times in past years. He wasn't even in conversation of new Softball/Baseball fields....heck he's working on three months. I don't see him landing anywhere for a long period .We have a good group of young kids...... we can find a coach, but we need to give our kids some stability, it is a coaching change nightmare right now. And I disagree he did want to leave or he would still be here......don't forget banjo and fiddle