CAR YOU HAD THAT YOU'D LOVE TO HAVE AGAIN

Hagar

Do any of you older folks have trouble telling cars apart now.  In my young days, I could easily tell Fords, Chevys, and Plymouth/Dodges apart.  Even at a glance a Galaxy, SS (emblem is to cool), Fury.  Now, I can't tell a Nissan, Toyota, Chevy apart, much less models like Maxima, Camry, Malibu.  Several weeks ago, with my wife driving (oof, scary, lol), we stopped at pizza place for take out.  A few min later I'm coming out, trying not to let the G'kids breadsticks slide off.  When she saw me paying she backed out of parking place and pulled up ready to go.  Another lady pulled in, same colored car.  I went and opened the passenger door, and she said, What are you doing.   With a red face, I apologized, shut the door and quick stepped to our car.  Part old age, mostly, all these sedans look the same.

I have two.  My first car was a '65 mustang with a straight 6.  nothing fancy, but the inside was clean and the paint job was killer (high performance red).  after about a year i had to be honest with myself and admit that i simply didn't know enough about working on cars to keep a car that would have a problem every couple of months, and at 17 i didn't really have the money to fix it when it had problems.

The second was a 1997 Toyota T-100 4x4 with a small lift kit on it that i drove from when i was 18 to 23.  I got it with 110,000 miles on it and sold it with 230,000, and never had anything worse than an AC motor go out on it (even though i was in college and likely treated it a little like crap).  I used that little truck to dig some BIG trucks out of the mud over the years, and i never got it stuck where i couldnt get it out.  It was a sharp looking truck as well.  

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

1974 model with 56 miles...amazing.

I had two buddies in high school that had a VW beetle...none of us thought there was anything "classic" about them. :)

I had a 2nd hand beetle for a work car a few years.  If the radio & heater worked, and the windows rolled down, it was "classic" lol

My first car was 1969 Camaro, 327 with a two speed power glide. It would hang with the SS through first. Once it shifted they would pull away. I painted it myself, then wrecked it. I also had a 1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne with a very strong 350. Blew the engine, then bought a rough 1969 Camaro and swapped engines. Finally traded the truck for a bike. Later had 1972 Cougar.

I really liked them all but I made some really stupid decisions when I was young.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I have two.  My first car was a '65 mustang with a straight 6.  nothing fancy, but the inside was clean and the paint job was killer (high performance red).  after about a year i had to be honest with myself and admit that i simply didn't know enough about working on cars to keep a car that would have a problem every couple of months, and at 17 i didn't really have the money to fix it when it had problems.

The second was a 1997 Toyota T-100 4x4 with a small lift kit on it that i drove from when i was 18 to 23.  I got it with 110,000 miles on it and sold it with 230,000, and never had anything worse than an AC motor go out on it (even though i was in college and likely treated it a little like crap).  I used that little truck to dig some BIG trucks out of the mud over the years, and i never got it stuck where i couldnt get it out.  It was a sharp looking truck as well.  

They made the T-100 for about 3 years. It is what became the Tundra. Keep the oil changed and tires on them, Toyotas will treat you right. It's what my family drives. I have a Platinum Tundra, my son has a 1794, my wife has a 4 Runner.

3 hours ago, baddog said:

They made the T-100 for about 3 years. It is what became the Tundra. Keep the oil changed and tires on them, Toyotas will treat you right. It's what my family drives. I have a Platinum Tundra, my son has a 1794, my wife has a 4 Runner.

Yeah, I bought a tundra in November and I love it