Port Neches-Groves 2 Santa Fe 1/Gm2-Final/Gm 3 Postponed

31 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Would be a great series. If they agree on home and home this would get wild. Love to see it.

It would be a reunion. Lol

Good luck to ya'll!  Would love to see that matchup. We could sit in the outfield, drink some cold one's and talk crap to each other like fantasy football days. Lol

11 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

It would be a reunion. Lol

Good luck to ya'll!  Would love to see that matchup. We could sit in the outfield, drink some cold one's and talk crap to each other like fantasy football days. Lol

That would be a blast, would be just like the old days when y'all lived here. All in all that would be a great match up. But it will be a couple more weeks before this match-up could come about. I have a feeling it wouldn't be home and home either. It will be interesting where they decide to play it if it does happen.

16 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

What I'm told is that Carter wanted to move game 3 to Jasper tonight. Guessing Santa Fe didn't want to so they agreed on Pearland. They got all the way over there only for the bottom to fall out. Pretty sure there's no love lost between the two sides at this point lol. 

It seems like almost every other series in the area was able to be played last night except for this one.  Did Santa Fe coach stall so he could bring back his #1 on Monday? 

19 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It seems like almost every other series in the area was able to be played last night except for this one.  Did Santa Fe coach stall so he could bring back his #1 on Monday? 

Let's face it, not a bad move from a coaching view, may not be nice but in the playoffs you coach for a win sometimes anyway possible

12 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

PNG wants Jasper. Santa Fe wants Lamar or Livingston. I was next to LU AD when call came in and he's not sure if they'll have staff available on short notice. He said they'll try. I'd say Jasper is once again the best option.

why would PNG not want Lamar? Lamar is in his back yard.

Answered my own question.  Straight from UIL Post Season 2016 packet:

2. Inclement Weather: Every effort must be made by both teams to determine the winner before the certification deadline. This includes obtaining neutral sites and securing any available site. This could mean giving up a home field advantage if another site is playable. 2 If weather conditions make it impossible to determine a winner before certification, UIL must be contacted for an extension. The next round opponent(s) must also be contacted to inform them that the deadline will be extended. Extreme scheduling difficulties such as those mentioned above could result in a coin flip which would determine the representatives to the next round.

14 hours ago, CCRed said:

What if this game gets rained out ?  

I think that's why the set the start for 2pm, so they have some time for delays built in.  Jasper's field can be playable almost immediately after it stops raining so they may been in for a long day. 

The forecast now starts to look better after around 4pm.