Port Neches-Groves 2 Santa Fe 1/Gm2-Final/Gm 3 Postponed

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

Well, in that case, I would take my chances with a coin flip..lol

What I read is that once 2 games have been played and split, it will be decided by a game 3 or a coin toss. It would not go back to the winner of game one...

7 minutes ago, injun said:

What I read is that once 2 games have been played and split, it will be decided by a game 3 or a coin toss. It would not go back to the winner of game one...

The UIL does not specifically address what happens if they are unable to play on the Monday following a rain-out of GM 3 on Saturday.

They do say that all agreements are made in advance.

Not correct, unless it changed this spring.  no play game 3 then revert to game 1 result..  Just talked to another coach still in the playoffs and he confirmed - his statement was "with 100% chance of rain on Monday, I would have played in the Walmart parking lot at midnight Saturday"

58 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Not correct, unless it changed this spring.  no play game 3 then revert to game 1 result..  Just talked to another coach still in the playoffs and he confirmed - his statement was "with 100% chance of rain on Monday, I would have played in the Walmart parking lot at midnight Saturday"

A two-out-of-three series that does not get a complete game in by the end of the day

Friday automatically reverts to a one game series.

If one game is played and a second game cannot be played on Saturday because of

weather, then the winner of game one advances to the next round.

These are the only 2 times they mention a 2 of 3 game agreement reverting to a first game winner advancing

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Let's just hope we don't have to find out.  Any result other than a 3rd game result will understandably leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Amen on that. Wonder if KLVI or anyone else will still broadcast this game ???

3 hours ago, Whoa said:

Amen WOS - can you imagine the second guessing??? I understand there was/is a problem with WOS and BC agreeing to a place 

I don't understand what the point of flipping coins is, if the other football coach can just veto what he doesn't approve of.