Brett Sawyer hired as new Baytown Sterling HC!

HookEm88

51 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, now all Sterling has to do is find a kid like Tyler Herrick that got Sawyer the job and they'll be just fine. Kid annihilated Crosby in the regional final a couple years ago and almost won it by himself. I think he threw for over 3,000 yards and ran for another 1,000. He really put Hutto on the map since they made the move to 5A. Here's the kid that I would say was the catalyst for him getting the job.

Tyler Herrick(QB), signed with Pennsylvania -

This is the hidden content, please

If it wasn't for this hit early in the first quarter, that took him till the 3rd to recover not sure if we would have pulled it out.  Think he is the best High School QB I've watched in the last 2 1/2 years.

the hit.jpg

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, now all Sterling has to do is find a kid like Tyler Herrick that got Sawyer the job and they'll be just fine. Kid annihilated Crosby in the regional final a couple years ago and almost won it by himself. I think he threw for over 3,000 yards and ran for another 1,000. He really put Hutto on the map since they made the move to 5A. Here's the kid that I would say was the catalyst for him getting the job.

Tyler Herrick(QB), signed with Pennsylvania -

This is the hidden content, please

Sawyer was the Co-DC at Hutto. Not sure how the QB got him the job.

However, the Hill kid is pretty special.

41 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Sawyer was the Asst. DC at Hutto. Not sure how the QB got him the job.

However, the Hill kid is pretty special.

Herrick made Hutto relevant. If he doesn't have that kind of year on a senior heavy team in '14 then Sawyer probably doesn't even get the job. You can see from their record this year that even with kids like Ondario Robinson on defense, once they geared up to stop Herrick this past season Hutto struggled. That's even with a solid defensive coach like Steve Van Meter(Friendswood former coach). They gave up 35, 54 and 42 points in their three district losses this past season and got beat in the first round 38-6 by College Station. Not really sure that gets you a head job being a DC and giving up those numbers unless you can revert a couple of years back and show how Herrick was killing people and making them one dimensional and thus easier to defend. That's how.  

1 hour ago, CoogGuy said:

If it wasn't for this hit early in the first quarter, that took him till the 3rd to recover not sure if we would have pulled it out.  Think he is the best High School QB I've watched in the last 2 1/2 years.

the hit.jpg

Very nervous when Hutto took the ball and marched it right down the field on us. Lucky for us the poor kid never saw it coming, he dang sure did his best to rectify the mistake though. Chronicle had him down for 237 passing and 191 rushing, thankfully the time ran out and we at least got a regional crown that year.

There has been some talent a Sterling. They were wiped out by the Adduddell regime and their allergy to the weight room/summer workouts. They are now getting back to having big, strong linemen. That's perfect for a little running back like Hill to get lost in and make big plays. I'll be interested to see how many coaches he keeps. It's late in the game. As far as facilities Sterling has everything you could want honestly. GCCISD has Exxon, Chevron and Bayer shoving money into the schools. Sterling also has some rich kids whose parents donate to the program. If they do it right, Sterling can be a winner. I like this guy. We'll see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, txag14 said:

There has been some talent a Sterling. They were wiped out by the Adduddell regime and their allergy to the weight room/summer workouts. They are now getting back to having big, strong linemen. That's perfect for a little running back like Hill to get lost in and make big plays. I'll be interested to see how many coaches he keeps. It's late in the game. As far as facilities Sterling has everything you could want honestly. GCCISD has Exxon, Chevron and Bayer shoving money into the schools. Sterling also has some rich kids whose parents donate to the program. If they do it right, Sterling can be a winner. I like this guy. We'll see how it goes.

Wow. Did know we were doing so well financially. I guess that $5 million budget shortfall was just an urban legend. 

I hope he does well. 

2 hours ago, GCMPats said:

Wow. Did know we were doing so well financially. I guess that $5 million budget shortfall was just an urban legend. 

I hope he does well. 

I didn't say GC didn't spend a stupid amount of money on stuff it doesn't need. I'll put it this way. I was recruited to a couple of DIII schools and the facilities would've been a step down. (Graduated in 2010)

8 hours ago, txag14 said:

I didn't say GC didn't spend a stupid amount of money on stuff it doesn't need. I'll put it this way. I was recruited to a couple of DIII schools and the facilities would've been a step down. (Graduated in 2010)

We have very nice facilities. There is no arguing that point,

We have great Partners in Education in our district. I just don't see those corporations "shoving money" into the schools.

11 hours ago, txag14 said:

This isnt' saying a lot. There are many d3's who share stadiums with area high schools.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:37 AM, The Icon said:

I've been to all 3 high school in GCISD for various events, and the only school that appears to have decent facilities is GCM HS. That's because it's relatively new in terms of construction.

Sterling's facilities are old and Lee is in El Barrio

Sterling's field house and weight room were built the same year GCM's were.