Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

8 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Now that we know the PNG OL coach isn't getting it, does anyone have a clue who the "in district" hire is?

It aint over until the fat lady sings...I'm keeping hope alive for PNG OL coach...I realize BISD hasnt opened the position to outside applicants at this late date. So the rumor is a Central assistant...

55 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Now that we know the PNG OL coach isn't getting it, does anyone have a clue who the "in district" hire is?

Like I said before: they need to give Jeff Nelson his job back.

He seemed to get the kids out to play football, I haven't seen that the last 2 seasons as far as numbers. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Like I said before: they need to give Jeff Nelson his job back.

He seemed to get the kids out to play football, I haven't seen that the last 2 seasons as far as numbers. 

This hire will be a short term solution to a long term fiasco. I agree they were headed in the right direction under his tutelage. He would be the pick recommended by the man behind the curtain.The long term solution would be new direction from a coach from a work ethical program barring talent. Hard work will beat talent when talent dont work. Less talent and no work makes for a lot of donkey stomped losses ..And the band played on...jmo...

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

This hire will be a short term solution to a long term fiasco. I agree they were headed in the right direction under his tutelage. He would be the pick recommended by the man behind the curtain.The long term solution would be new direction from a coach from a work ethical program barring talent. Hard work will beat talent when talent dont work. Less talent and no work makes for a lot of donkey stomped losses ..And the band played on...jmo...

I don't think hiring Nelson would be the bandaid.  If you saw him at work last time he was at Ozen, you'd know what we're talking about.  

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

In that case you need to tell your AD to give Mike Jackson a call (La Marque) who just got re-hire by TCISD. 

I think Nelson would be the better choice long term though, shouldn't have been removed to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In that case you need to tell your AD to give Mike Jackson a call (La Marque) who just got re-hire by TCISD. 

I think Nelson would be the better choice long term though, shouldn't have been removed to begin with. 

That's the problem with BISD's athletic director, he sucks! He never goes out and get the perfect coach. He just does backroom deals with local guys he already knows. SMDH... The board should dissolve his position and bump each head coach's salary up to $110K and make them the AD for their high school and feeder schools. Then post all three jobs and get the best candidate for each school. This revolving coach's door is some straight up BS! And, its about damn time Saveat be held accountable.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm in total agreement Nelson shouldnt  have been terminated from Ozen. However Ms L and the Snake Oil salesman flexed their power and the deceptive deed was done. There's been no consensus that Nelson is interested only speculation that he'd be the best qualified inhouse choice. The hour glass runs out next friday. In the mean time wait is the word.That old cliche says wait/weight sunk the boat...jmo... 

4 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

That's the problem with BISD's athletic director, he sucks! He never goes out and get the perfect coach. He just does backroom deals with local guys he already knows. SMDH... The board should dissolve his position and bump each head coach's salary up to $110K and make them the AD for their high school and feeder schools. Then post all three jobs and get the best candidate for each school. This revolving coach's door is some straight up BS! And, its about damn time Saveat be held accountable.

I 100% agree, makes sense….. 

3 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Man, me and you don't usually agree on too much but this right here ^^^^^^ , I totally agree 100%

Finally!  Yeoj you hit the nail on the head.  Stop the madness, the only constant is that this AD has been in place for most of the ridiculous decisions concerning the Ozen and BISD sports as a whole.  When does he get called to the carpet? Enough with the hire the people we know crap!  Problem is, the state of affairs at Ozen due to the previous changes, it will difficult to attract anyone proven who would be willing to come in and deal with the current structure.

On 6/3/2016 at 9:43 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Week-1 will be a beast for Ozen, Bellaire Episcopal got a DL-man thats a beast along with other good skill position players. 

Episcopal was horrible back in the day. Have they become relevant in football?  Baseball program was always one of the best in state, public and private. 

5 hours ago, WTB said:

They have the best DT and OT in the state with a few other kids that are studs.

Ozen's offense will be walking into a buzz-saw of a defense facing- SW-Prep Bellaire Episcopal the first game of the year...

6'-5'' 315 DT Marvin Wilson... 6'-7'' 305 DT Little Walker...6'-4'' 220 DE Bo Mannon...smh...Getting waxed the first game of the season will be a great morale booster for an under manned undersized Ozen bunch.They are short on numbers hope the injury bug want bite them after this contest. I'm curious who scheduled this and why.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:37 PM, JustUs said:

Ozen's offense will be walking into a buzz-saw of a defense facing- SW-Prep Bellaire Episcopal the first game of the year...

6'-5'' 315 DT Marvin Wilson... 6'-7'' 305 DT Little Walker...6'-4'' 220 DE Bo Mannon...smh...Getting waxed the first game of the season will be a great morale booster for an under manned undersized Ozen bunch.They are short on numbers hope the injury bug want bite them after this contest. I'm curious who scheduled this and why.

Walker Little actually plays OT for them. Even with him and Pancotti last year Ozen probably could've hung with or beat Episcopal. They have high level players at certain positions but nowhere comparable to the speed they see in SETX and are very thin. Playing against PAM for four quarter is harder than playing against the Episcopal, St. Thomas and Kinkaid's of the world. Not saying Ozen will win or not get blow out, I'm just saying the overall team talent will be less than a Beaumont Central, Westbrook, PAM or even a Crosby who they've lost to a couple time in the playoffs recently.