Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

I will even go further than that, there is no telling where Rison is but he has never gotten another HC job. John Clayton never got another HC job and is out of coaching. Arthur Louis never got another HC job and is out of coaching. The only coach that left Ozen and got another HC job was Thomas Brooks and he took a job at 3a Jasper. So i don't think any coach has ever used Ozen as a stepping stone job. 

12 minutes ago, setxguru said:

.... The only coach that left Ozen and got another HC job was Thomas Brooks and he took a job at 3a Jasper. So i don't think any coach has ever used Ozen as a stepping stone job. 

Not entirely accurate.  Brooks left Jasper for Ozen, then left Ozen for one of the big Tyler schools, THEN he returned to Jasper to finish out his career.

13 hours ago, setxguru said:

I will even go further than that, there is no telling where Rison is but he has never gotten another HC job. John Clayton never got another HC job and is out of coaching. Arthur Louis never got another HC job and is out of coaching. The only coach that left Ozen and got another HC job was Thomas Brooks and he took a job at 3a Jasper. So i don't think any coach has ever used Ozen as a stepping stone job. 

I wasn't necessarily saying the ozen job gave any of these coaches a hands up in getting a better job. I couldnt even name that many coaches from the school to know. but in the past there or four years it has been obvious that that program has had tremendous problems with keeping a good coach.  The point or opinion I was trying to state is that most of the coaches hired in the last few years have just left the program hanging. from reading I see that a few good coaches have been released or fired but for the most part the others just chose to leave. Something is going on in Beaumont that is going to result in some are school districts going up a division.

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and for running off the last good one at Ozen....

I said that over 5 months ago during the season.. Lambert was pro Central anti pro Ozen and was the main reason Nelson was let go, the state of the program is exactly where she wanted it to be "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" OZEN embarrassed Central in the Beaumont Bowl in 2012 she took it personal... 1st and ONLY time the TROPHY was in the PEAR ORCHARD.. 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:21 PM, ozensfinest said:

We're not talking about you Ridge we're debating who would be a good fit for the program...you're saying Ozen should hire a guy that can get players in school when Ozen already sending players to college I'm just trying to understand your point and I know you personally so I respect your opinion I'm just waiting on you to justify why Ozen should keep hiring folks from within the area when it has worked in over 10 years try something new go get a coach from one of the big cities that know more football than the typical setx of doing things thats all I'm saying.

Ozen had the guy when they hired Plez Atkins away from North Forest, only other upgrade that I would say was the perfect fit for the situation at Ozen would be James Williams at FB Marshall. I would imagine FB ISD is a probably a more beneficial district to work in though. TK Harrison just left Crosby to be the OC at PAM, if Ozen is looking for a new head man Coach Harrison should be on the short list . . . the very short list.  

30 minutes ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

I said that over 5 months ago during the season.. Lambert was pro Central anti pro Ozen and was the main reason Nelson was let go, the state of the program is exactly where she wanted it to be "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" OZEN embarrassed Central in the Beaumont Bowl in 2012 she took it personal... 1st and ONLY time the TROPHY was in the PEAR ORCHARD.. 

No.  It's a little deeper than Central getting embarrassed on the field... That lady was horrible.  When she didn't get her way, she went after him where it hurts.  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It may not be posted.  Technically, he's still employed untill June 30th.  He said he's working the rest of his contract.  So can they really post a job opening that's technically not open?

Smh so the board of managers and the AD will postpone the hiring process because Suggs contract want expire until June. Thats ludicrous and a recipe for failure. I cant believe the Ozen community,fans and booster club arent making a swift path to the administration office demanding action be taken immediately to fill the head-coach job. Hiring a coach in July is basically giving the new hire about a month to prepare for the season. Again a recipe for failure. Seems like there's others with the same agenda Ms L had. jmo.....

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

Smh so the board of managers and the AD will postpone the hiring process because Suggs contract want expire until June. Thats ludicrous and a recipe for failure. I cant believe the Ozen community,fans and booster club arent making a swift path to the administration office demanding action be taken immediately to fill the head-coach job. Hiring a coach in July is basically giving the new hire about a month to prepare for the season. Again a recipe for failure. Seems like there's others with the same agenda Ms L had. jmo.....

No, I don't think there are any Lamberts left.  I actually think this was pre orchestrated by the man himself.  See how it's playing out? How convenient is this?  No spring football to coach, he's not coaching 7 on 7, just show up and teach PE getting paid and all the while, not able to make a move until the contract is over.  Then he has the nerve to say that coaching again elsewhere isn't out of the question.  But it'll probably be conveniently for the young men that he'll coach for next.  Just very tacky on his part all around....

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No, I don't think there are any Lamberts left.  I actually think this was pre orchestrated by the man himself.  See how it's playing out? How convenient is this?  No spring football to coach, he's not coaching 7 on 7, just How up and teach PE getting paid and all the while, not able to make a move until the contract is over.  Then he has the nerve to say that coaching again elsewhere isn't out of the question.  But it'll probably be conveniently for the young men that he'll coach for next.  Just very tacky on his part all around....

It's just sad nothing is being done and waiting until later will only compound an already disaster in progress. Where's the community leaders ???? This would not happen at West Brook or Central. 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, JustUs said:

It's just sad nothing is being done and waiting until later will only compound an already disaster in progress. Where's the community leaders ???? This would not happen at West Brook or Central. 

All they have to do is buy him out. The man has a contract and it's within his rights to make BISD honor it. If BISD thinks the matter is urgent, then show him the money.

7 hours ago, Scatright said:

All they have to do is buy him out. The man has a contract and it's within his rights to make BISD honor it. If BISD thinks the matter is urgent, then show him the money.

Apparently BISD is honoring Suggs contract and apparently it aint urgent enough to buy him out (one months pay). Apparently the football program will continue to suffer. Apparently its a one way street and the kids have no rights or representation. I rest my case.

I haven't posted for awhile because I don't have a dog in the fight anymore. How can we ask a kid to Honor any commitment if these Coaches are allowed full range, but yet have the ability to hold kids hostage or leave them in dire situations like this?? Every opportunity I get I tell kids/families my son's saga at Ozen; not out of spite, but for encouragement. The numerous Coaches, disrespect, lies etc..

But God is still on the Throne. My advice is and always will be to Train hard, don't get ready, be ready for any and everything. Favoritism and politics are real, the only thing you can control is your attitude and yourself. Feel bad for the kids, so glad I didn't have to deal with this sort of crap when I was chasing dreams.  BISD has to do better in the classroom first, then everything else will follow suit.

Agreed ,I know this is a sports site, but something needs to be done academically first, at all bisd school's then, as Cam said student athletes will come. Teachers are at a disadvantage, because administration does not give them the things they need to be successful in their class room's.They need more income, more control of their class regarding students that want to learn and those that do not. They also need certified and competent teachers that are teaching within their degree field. If all these things are done ,the student athletes will come.Don't take this as just an Ozen thing this is a bisd thing.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

BISD could hire while Suggs finishes his contract. Nothing in policy or law that says they cannot,

Silsbee hired their new AD 2 months ago but Coach McGallion is still employed by the district.

"For every deed under the sun there's a reason or there's none. If there be one go and find it,if there be none never mind it."