HF Girls Basketball

14 hours ago, old doc said:

if it is Jacks he better not run them or condition them or yell at them because they will tell momma and the school board will want to know why he is being mean to the little darlins

yeah buddy. 

Some people think it shouldn't take hard work or expectations to win.  Societal thing now days.

15 hours ago, old doc said:

if it is Jacks he better not run them or condition them or yell at them because they will tell momma and the school board will want to know why he is being mean to the little darlins

Coach Toot planned to leave after this year when his son graduates. Has nothing to do with yelling or conditioning. He yells when he needs too and emphasizes conditioning like most successful coaches. He took HF to the 4th round of the playoffs a few years ago and they lost to team from Waco that won state easily that year. The new coach will have Hunter, Jefferson, and Cordell returning as guards who can handle the ball and score. Also the team next year will be made up of players who only lost one game between the JV and Freshman teams a year ago.

On 5/12/2016 at 7:14 PM, old doc said:

I believe they were calling for Toot's head his first year for yelling and screaming from my sources and the success of his program advancing further than ever before helped him out.  He is a heck of a coach and will be missed 

Yep!! Toot was a very good coach. Knew a lot about the game and didn't play favorites.

24 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

What changed?  I figured that was a done deal. 

Couldn't match up a teaching assignment for him.  I am told.  Don't know what the assigned teaching requirement was on the job post - didn't look

On 5/10/2016 at 5:14 PM, old doc said:

I hope this isn't a backhanded reference to the criticism the football coaches received for putting four kids in the hospital.

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I hope this isn't a backhanded reference to the criticism the football coaches received for putting four kids in the hospital.

No It is a reference to how the parents operate now.  The Coach before Toot did not do any conditioning and Toot came in and coached the kids with conditioning and telling them what to do and since he was not from there a select few village idiots did everything to complain about his program.  Now that the other tragic situation happened I don't know if I would touch any job in that district, not for fear but they do not go about their complaints they right way.  It is social media first and school board second and the coach may get contacted at some time after that.  It's a bad deal

7 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Are you saying it was the HF coaches' fault that those boys' parents had concerns about their health?

No?  I'm saying it was the coaches' fault that 4 boys ended up in the hospital peeling out their own muscle tissue.

1 hour ago, old doc said:

No It is a reference to how the parents operate now.  The Coach before Toot did not do any conditioning and Toot came in and coached the kids with conditioning and telling them what to do and since he was not from there a select few village idiots did everything to complain about his program.  Now that the other tragic situation happened I don't know if I would touch any job in that district, not for fear but they do not go about their complaints they right way.  It is social media first and school board second and the coach may get contacted at some time after that.  It's a bad deal

Gotcha 

On 5/26/2016 at 7:43 PM, old doc said:

On 5/26/2016 at 9:24 PM, bullets13 said:

Gotcha 

I'm hearing Jacks again... 99.9%  

• 3 weeks later...