Silsbee v Tarkington

10 hours ago, RayJr said:

Tarkington is not like that have been in years previous.

Silsbee should win this series, but stranger things have happened.

This is True anything can happen combined with Tarkington being the only team that beat Huffman in their District.  I just feel that 24-4A is so competitive that it makes our teams stronger.  IMO

If the Tigers do not finish it in two then something is wrong. Tarkington is a gritty team, they don't have much big time pitching. If Silsbee has trouble with slow and off-speed pitching then they may struggle. Silsbee should close this out in 2, with the pitching they have. Being from district 23 I hope Tarkington proves me wrong. I will say if Silsbee sleeps on Tarkington they may not like the outcome, they have found ways to win in the last half of district and have gotten much better.

Silsbee may not have the most powerful lineup out there but they are very good at manufacturing runs when needed. Most of the runs scored against silsbee in district were off of simple errors and not because of great hitting against them. Their top three pitching rotation has done a fantastic job past 2 years. All they have to do is tighten up some errors and get a few more hits dropping in and these close games will not be close anymore. Go tigers