Silsbee WR Kolten Mackey

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I  read through receiveread, and i had the same reac tion that some of the others did when it was stated that Mackey is one of the best receivers that has EVER come through SETX, and a great fit at ANY college.  Once of the best in the area right now?  Sure, of course.  I looked for his stats online, and couldn't find them from last year, but he went for 28/523/6 the year before.  very respectable, but even if he doubled those numbers as a  this past season, that would still be a far cry away from all-time great numbers for SETX.  Now, if he'd gone off for 80 catches, 1800 yards, and 20 TDs, i'd reevaluate my stance.  I'm not hating, and i rooted for Silsbee in both the football and basketball playoffs this year, but i strongly disagree with that statement.  Now, some of  y'all are talking about next season for him.  HUDL has him listed as the class of 2017, but i'm fairly positive he was a senior this year.  So if he's gone for 1500 yards and 15 TDs over his junior and senior year, then those are very good numbers, but not anywhere close to GOAT status, or even in the argument to get into the argument.  

How many times have you seen or heard of a reciever Go over a thounds yards and put up double degit Tds in setx. They

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I read through this thread, and i had the same reaction that some of the others did when it was stated that Mackey is one of the best receivers that has EVER come through SETX, and a great fit at ANY college.  Once of the best in the area right now?  Sure, of course.  I looked for his stats online, and couldn't find them from last year, but he went for 28/523/6 the year before.  very respectable, but even if he doubled those numbers as a  this past season, that would still be a far cry away from all-time great numbers for SETX.  Now, if he'd gone off for 80 catches, 1800 yards, and 20 TDs, i'd reevaluate my stance.  I'm not hating, and i rooted for Silsbee in both the football and basketball playoffs this year, but i strongly disagree with that statement.  Now, some of  y'all are talking about next season for him.  HUDL has him listed as the class of 2017, but i'm fairly positive he was a senior this year.  So if he's gone for 1500 yards and 15 TDs over his junior and senior year, then those are very good numbers, but not anywhere close to GOAT status, or even in the argument to get into the argument.  

Mackey is going to be a senior next year.

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

How many times have you seen or heard of a reciever Go over a thounds yards and put up double degit Tds in setx. They

Hard to find stats on the Internet, but it happens.  In the article for the Beaumont super gold team this year they said there were four area receivers over 900 yds just last year.  That being said, I watched his hudl highlight tape, and he's got a nice jump and great hands, but not the separation speed needed for major college ball.  If he can beef up a little, and gets a little taller (I've seen him live a few times this year and 6'4" seems generous), he might be able to make it at tight end.

• 3 years later...

S

On 5/4/2016 at 9:10 AM, STiger85 said:

The best receiver in SETX last year and one you put in the top receivers ever in SETX. He has the BEST hands you have seen in high school, he runs great routs and has good speed. He will be a good edition to any college. 

Got it.  

My apologies to BadSanta

If I remember right he was working hard to fit in and find his place in a new environment. He was just beginning to shine when he hurt his foot or something. He recovered from this had several good games and had a more serious injury. I saw them play several times but can't remember all of the details. 

Young man suffered some injuries that ended his playing career. Also made the decision for him to not pursue a college football career.

He has a great job here locally and is doing well.

How about we move on? Subject is kind of irrelevant these days. Except for ones who want to poke fun at his expense.