Cruz officially drops out

PhatMack19

Trump has successfully pulled it off while promising all the things folks want to hear, and he won't do any of them...no wall...no tough immigration policies...no tax cuts, no smaller fed gov...he's all talk.

He has also successfully portrayed himself as an outsider, but has given so much money to both parties over the years...lots of money to the Clintons...he's the ultimate Washington insider.

He talks like a junior high punk in his speeches...nothing Presidential about this man.

I'll vote for him over Hillary because she will simply be another Obama Presidency, but good grief...what a mess.

Great job, GOP...you did this.

I like Trump. None of them live up to their promises. People made fun of Reagan, the actor. Let's give it a chance. I think he might surprise some people. A president is only as good as the people around him, especially his speech writers. Lord have mercy on our souls should Hillary win.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I like Trump. None of them live up to their promises. People made fun of Reagan, the actor. Let's give it a chance. I think he might surprise some people. A president is only as good as the people around him, especially his speech writers. Lord have mercy on our souls should Hillary win.

I recall the same thing being said about 7-8 years ago...how did that work out?

He won't surprise me, he'll be a terrible President (if elected) and will swing the door wide open for the Dems in four years.

POTUS is the toughest job on earth and this blowhard idiot is not up to the job.

I agree anything is better than Hillary but we had a candidate (Cruz) that was exactly what the Republican party is supposed to be and they would not back him because he's not what the modern GOP wants apparently.

Like I said, Great job, GOP...you did this.

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

How did we end up here

There's a fractured GOP with the old guard wanting to continue as ultra conservative, and the new guard wanting a more liberal Republican party.  Neither group has enough to clout to get a strong candidate the nomination, opening the door for a mouthpiece with a hairpiece to take it over instead.  The Donald will be a horrible president, but he can't beat Hillary, so i'm not to worried about him.  I'm pretty worried about her, though.  I wish we could trade her for her husband.  I think he'd do a pretty decent job, just as he did before.  He's shown a willingness to represent the wishes of his party while working with the other party.  You can't say that about many politicians on either side of the aisle.   

31 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

There's a fractured GOP with the old guard wanting to continue as ultra conservative, and the new guard wanting a more liberal Republican party.  Neither group has enough to clout to get a strong candidate the nomination, opening the door for a mouthpiece with a hairpiece to take it over instead.  The Donald will be a horrible president, but he can't beat Hillary, so i'm not to worried about him.  I'm pretty worried about her, though.  I wish we could trade her for her husband.  I think he'd do a pretty decent job, just as he did before.  He's shown a willingness to represent the wishes of his party while working with the other party.  You can't say that about many politicians on either side of the aisle.   

These identical words were spoken about Mr. Reagan.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I recall the same thing being said about 7-8 years ago...how did that work out?

He won't surprise me, he'll be a terrible President (if elected) and will swing the door wide open for the Dems in four years.

POTUS is the toughest job on earth and this blowhard idiot is not up to the job.

I agree anything is better than Hillary but we had a candidate (Cruz) that was exactly what the Republican party is supposed to be and they would not back him because he's not what the modern GOP wants apparently.

Like I said, Great job, GOP...you did this.

I have said this before. I think Trump will surround himself with some good people who will help him make the right decisions. I believe his blowhard campaign worked.....it got him the nomination. Whether or not anyone makes a good president is always a wait and see proposition. I have been wrong before, and he may suck, but the road this country is headed down and the same road Hillary will take us down is very scary. We have lost world respect. Hillary should be incarcerated. I don't know what else to say. I am not arguing with you because I like your views, but we find ourselves (our country) between a rock and a hard place. We have no other choice so I will get behind whoever can beat Hillary. Trump needs to wow them with his VP pick.

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

I have said this before. I think Trump will surround himself with some good people who will help him make the right decisions. I believe his blowhard campaign worked.....it got him the nomination. Whether or not anyone makes a good president is always a wait and see proposition. I have been wrong before, and he may suck, but the road this country is headed down and the same road Hillary will take us down is very scary. We have lost world respect. Hillary should be incarcerated. I don't know what else to say. I am not arguing with you because I like your views, but we find ourselves (our country) between a rock and a hard place. We have no other choice so I will get behind whoever can beat Hillary. Trump needs to wow them with his VP pick.

I hope you are right about Trump (have my doubts) but I know you are right about Hillary...and I sure hope we get to see what kind of President he becomes...at least that will mean he beat Clinton.

48 minutes ago, baddog said:

He strikes me as too cocky and arrogant to surround himself with anyone other than those who are willing to kiss his arse and agree with everything he says.  But i could be wrong.  That's just how he comes off.

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He strikes me as too cocky and arrogant to surround himself with anyone other than those who are willing to kiss his arse and agree with everything he says.  But i could be wrong.  That's just how he comes off.

I am being perfectly honest when I say that the dog and pony show worked to perfection. He said he would tone it down. Whether he does remains to be seen. Times have changed but we have had some arrogant presidents in the past. None quite so in your face, but arrogant nonetheless. 

I think PC is something most people are sick of and he certainly doesn't mind offending anyone. This makes him very popular and is probably his "Trump" suit.

Add on: Hey, at least we will have a hot first lady.

What are you talking about? My Reagan comparison had no bearing as to whether or not Trump is as good as Reagan. Just saying that Reagan was doubted too, just like many other presidents, and presidential nominees. I hate when people read that into it.

Just my speculation, like we're all doing, but imo one of Obama's biggest problem was the people he surrounded himself with.  And when he got advice from folks with experience, that advice was shot down by his insiders, who had no experience in the real world.   

Trump know business.  I'd think if he knows something he doesn't want advice, but in areas he's not familiar with, I bet he got/gets the best advice available.  If he does that, maybe he'll surprise the h-ll out of all of us.   I hope so.

Trump strikes me as a egotistic guy. I also think that the Trump we see now is not the Trump we might see in White House. I don't even believe Trump is a Republican just thought it would be easier road to the nomination. I think Trump will be as liberal as Obama with the only exception being immigration. 

13 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Trump strikes me as a egotistic guy. I also think that the Trump we see now is not the Trump we might see in White House. I don't even believe Trump is a Republican just thought it would be easier road to the nomination. I think Trump will be as liberal as Obama with the only exception being immigration. 

And I wouldn't even bet on immigration.   If he wins, what happens next is anybody's guess.   

Seems to me that now would be a good time for the Republicans to accept Obama's moderate Supreme court nominee.   Are they guaranteed anything better if Trump somehow wins?   What happens if it's Hillary?  i think we all know what she will put up there.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I agree 100%

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Just my speculation, like we're all doing, but imo one of Obama's biggest problem was the people he surrounded himself with.  And when he got advice from folks with experience, that advice was shot down by his insiders, who had no experience in the real world.   

Trump know business.  I'd think if he knows something he doesn't want advice, but in areas he's not familiar with, I bet he got/gets the best advice available.  If he does that, maybe he'll surprise the h-ll out of all of us.   I hope so.

Trump has been bankrupt many times, I guess that can be considered knowing business