Best AREA HS player to NOT reach his potential

17 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not better than Keenan 'KT' Young, a player that was going to go to Memphis full ride, Richards who ended up having a great career at Tulane, and Hunter that is gonna do some great things at New Mexico?  Dude, you're tripping....

Soulja you're not listening...Decarlos was a PRO meaning he should be in the league making millions right. Him and Hunter not even a discussion, KT either, Kris is the only one that comes close to him but one thing Decarlos had over Kris was killer instinct. When you see Mike T or Bou ask him who's the most talented to player to come through Ozen and see what they tell you. Had Decarlos had grades he possibly would've went anywhere he wanted.

7 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Soulja you're not listening...Decarlos was a PRO meaning he should be in the league making millions right. Him and Hunter not even a discussion, KT either, Kris is the only one that comes close to him but one thing Decarlos had over Kris was killer instinct. When you see Mike T or Bou ask him who's the most talented to player to come through Ozen and see what they tell you. Had Decarlos had grades he possibly would've went anywhere he wanted.

....other than that one game that he hit all those 3's (against Nederland when they still consistently sucked ) and his above average showing at the state title game in '07, he had a pretty mediocre high school career.  So having a good 'and 1' crossover move makes you an all pro?  

We're talking about kids that had a very high potential, ESPECIALLY KT with his height and skill set at that time...

I agree Soulja but this thread is about those who DIDNT reach their potential not an argument of who was better imo. But yes Frank never improved his game while in HS.. Had all the talent in the world just poor work ethic and refused to listen. I Wont get into comparing players because they all were good in their own way I'd compare him to AI just the mentalitly game wise he could go..

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yeah , Jarvis Bernard that's the other guard from HJ I was trying to remember.

Benard played two years at Hutchinson, Kansas but after that got no offers from 4 year schools because he was not a true point guard and was too small to play SG.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Benard played two years at Hutchinson, Kansas but after that got no offers from 4 year schools because he was not a true point guard and was too small to play SG.

Thats great! Playing in Hutchinson, KS for 2 years is no small accomplishment.

17 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

....other than that one game that he hit all those 3's (against Nederland when they still consistently sucked ) and his above average showing at the state title game in '07, he had a pretty mediocre high school career.  So having a good 'and 1' crossover move makes you an all pro?  

We're talking about kids that had a very high potential, ESPECIALLY KT with his height and skill set at that time...

Lmao yeah Soulja I'm not arguing with you anymore cause you obviously didn't watch Decarlos much the kid was the best player on the team as a freshman you know the same time that K Rich played at Ozen. Oh yeah on that same team the kid lead the team in scoring in the playoffs as a FRESHMAN! Smh you and mamba need to stop drinking whatever y'all drinking

14 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Lmao yeah Soulja I'm not arguing with you anymore cause you obviously didn't watch Decarlos much the kid was the best player on the team as a freshman you know the same time that K Rich played at Ozen. Oh yeah on that same team the kid lead the team in scoring in the playoffs as a FRESHMAN! Smh you and mamba need to stop drinking whatever y'all drinking

I don't wanna argue with you either.  I was trying to be  on your side when you were on the HJ people's arses the other day, but when you post ridiculousness like this,, I just can't roll with you anymore...  Lol.  

Frank WASN'T the leading scorer that 2006-'07 season AND he wasn't the leading scorer in that state title game.... Smh

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Thats great! Playing in Hutchinson, KS for 2 years is no small accomplishment.

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Immanuel McElroy and Keith Harris PA Lincoln. Though one of those two would make it to pro level. Harris expecially.

Santa, what about you.  Did you ever play for Silsbee Junior High or JV, etc?

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Immanuel McElroy and Keith Harris PA Lincoln. Though one of those two would make it to pro level. Harris expecially.

McElroy has been playing overseas for the last 14 years, after his years at Cincinnati playing for Bob Huggins.  I thought if he were a better shooter he would have been an NBA player for sure, but he was a GREAT scorer, that was held back by Huggins system and became a defensive stopper. Keith Harris played 4 years at Tulane. Not sure if he spent any time overseas after that.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't wanna argue with you either.  I was trying to be  on your side when you were on the HJ people's arses the other day, but when you post ridiculousness like this,, I just can't roll with you anymore...  Lol.  

Frank WASN'T the leading scorer that 2006-'07 season AND he wasn't the leading scorer in that state title game.... Smh

See one of the problems is that you can't read and comprehend, I said he lead the team in scoring in the PLAYOFFS smh and anybody that has followed Ozen and know basketball....KNOW my statement isn't far fetched at all...

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

See one of the problems is that you can't read and comprehend, I said he lead the team in scoring in the PLAYOFFS smh and anybody that has followed Ozen and know basketball....KNOW my statement isn't far fetched at all...

...And now that I think about it, Gulley from Central was a better scorer than him...