Best AREA HS player to NOT reach his potential

9 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Little bit out of our area but there was a kid that played for Houston Marion in the 80s that was over 7 ft.  First name was Tito I think. Any info on him and whether he did anything after high school? 

Tito Horford.   He ended up at the U and played a few years in the league (Milwaukee and somewhere else).  His son Al has enjoyed much more success in college at Florida and now in the league with the Hawks. 

• 6 years later...

Funny enough my lil brother actually went to Lucas Elementary w/ DeCarlos. He knew him and his brother Tevin. He actually ended up moving to Houston in 5th grade after my mom got divorced to her then husband. He didn’t know it at the time but that was the BEST decision that could’ve happened to him. He played 5a which was the highest at the time and ended up playing at the university of oregon then played overseas. Something about being in the hood really stunts these young men growth. It’s sad it truly is. Unless you have the right guidance you won’t be able to excel the way these other kids in the nicer areas will. Ain’t no P5 head coach going to the hood unless you D.Rose or Zebo.