Best AREA HS player to NOT reach his potential

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wouldn't you think that Richards, Hunter, Young or Green could very well be a second to Perkins and way farther ahead than Frank? Because I disagree with this statement...

Not even close Decarlos was a PRO...no other player to walk those halls with more talent than that kid NONE!

9 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Not even close Decarlos was a PRO...no other player to walk those halls with more talent than that kid NONE!

Not better than Keenan 'KT' Young, a player that was going to go to Memphis full ride, Richards who ended up having a great career at Tulane, and Hunter that is gonna do some great things at New Mexico?  Dude, you're tripping....

Just now, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Thanks Nash for the info. I remember after Ryan, HJ had a few good years with some guards who were good. One was Bernard but I can't remember the others.

Yeah we played against SWOSU when Ryan was there while I was at Midwestern State.  He was still as solid as ever, and played well against us. I really thought Ryan would go Division I, but he went juco then D2..I was recruiting him at Lamar State before Coach Cole resigned that May....Loved him as a person and a player.

3 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I'd be interested in seeing a thread discussing "Which Area player did the most with the least amount of God-given ability."

That's like saying which kid shot the best free throw percentage in HS! No one would know THAT! Come on man!

15 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Yeah we played against SWOSU when Ryan was there while I was at Midwestern State.  He was still as solid as ever, and played well against us. I really thought Ryan would go Division I, but he went juco then D2..I was recruiting him at Lamar State before Coach Cole resigned that May....Loved him as a person and a player.

Donahoe had scholarship papers from SFA on the coaches desk on signing day and he refused to sign because his AAU COACH had him convinced that a major D-1 was coming.  The kid that SFA signed in his place started in NCAA tourney 2 years later.

Edited by stevenash

6 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

That's like saying which kid shot the best free throw percentage in HS! No one would know THAT! Come on man!

That's not exactly what I meant.  I'm thinking more along the lines of a kid who either played B team in middle school or was cut from the team but continued to work extremely hard.  Maybe he still didn't make varsity until his junior or senior year and ends up playing ball in college somewhere.  Just a thought.  Not everybody has a 30" vertical and can palm a bowling ball.  Just trying to give some props to those over-achievers.

1 minute ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

That's not exactly what I meant.  I'm thinking more along the lines of a kid who either played B team in middle school or was cut from the team but continued to work extremely hard.  Maybe he still didn't make varsity until his junior or senior year and ends up playing ball in college somewhere.  Just a thought.  Not everybody has a 30" vertical and can palm a bowling ball.  Just trying to give some props to those over-achievers.

Ok...I'm going to keep my comment to myself on this one.....lol

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Donahoe had scholarship papers from SFA on the coaches desk on signing day and he refused to sign because his AAU COACH had him convinced that a major D-1 was coming.  The kid that SFA signed in his place started in NCAA tourney 2 years later.

I never met Donohoe and I heard the same thing. I also know another D1 college coach during that time wanted him and he told me the same story.