ESPN HAS GONE TO FAR

52 minutes ago, bulldogbacker said:

Well revisionist history is now happening in MLB too

Lol, hadn't thot of it like that, but Amen.  No telling what history will say 50 years from now about sports.  

In the XX Century, the best were:   Pitcher - Willie Mays,  Catcher - Pee Wee Reese,  1st - Ted Williams,  etc etc

• 2 years later...

There was a time when my TV never changed stations.  It would remain on espn all day long.  I would watch and re-watch sports center over and over, looking for any little detail that I may have missed from the previous show.  Now days, my TV may land on espn 30 minutes a week.  I watch the nfl network for football updates and the MLB network for baseball.  

3 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Well it’s a little ironic but I watched more espn today, after making the above comment, than I have in a long time. The 30 for 30 about Deion Sanders aired tonight. It’s amazing how good he was!!!

I watched it as well and he was all about Deion but on the other hand, the stats and tape don't lie and he was electric at both. I wish the Braves would've won the series in '92 and they would've had to give him the MVP award.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 8:13 PM, Ty Cobb said:

Well it’s a little ironic but I watched more espn today, after making the above comment, than I have in a long time. The 30 for 30 about Deion Sanders aired tonight. It’s amazing how good he was!!!

The 30 for 30s and actual games are about all I watch on ESPN anymore.  Most of those documentaries have been really well done imo.