Elijah Parquet (West Brook 2018)

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

So HJ fans why aren't you guys on here talking about Jalen transferring for athletic purposes? When he clearly said he was...so should he have to sit out a year too? Just curious.......

Jalen will be at West Brook next year, and someone will protest it...Mark my word...

11 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

So HJ fans why aren't you guys on here talking about Jalen transferring for athletic purposes? When he clearly said he was...so should he have to sit out a year too? Just curious.......

It isn't up for HJ fans to decide...

Some people don't get it.

He is subject to the same criteria and requirements of all others. 

1 minute ago, Team Game said:

It isn't up for HJ fans to decide...

Some people don't get it.

He is subject to the same criteria and requirements of all others. 

But no-one is making a big deal of it like HJ fans are making of Parquet leaving...hhhmmm wonder why?

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

But no-one is making a big deal of it like HJ fans are making of Parquet leaving...hhhmmm wonder why?

HJ fans are NOT making a big deal of Parquet leaving. EVERY athlete in the state of Texas has to get signed off by their former school. That doesn't mean it is a done deal at that point. Other districts can still question any transfer. None of my statements are about a particular kid. I have given plenty of examples of other kids that have transferred. Some successfully and others not. The thought that one is above the rules is what is infuriating to me. 

Sneed would have to follow the same rules and could still be questioned. The first thing is he has to move to the district.

2 minutes ago, Team Game said:

HJ fans are NOT making a big deal of Parquet leaving. EVERY athlete in the state of Texas has to get signed off by their former school. That doesn't mean it is a done deal at that point. Other districts can still question any transfer. None of my statements are about a particular kid. I have given plenty of examples of other kids that have transferred. Some successfully and others not. The thought that one is above the rules is what is infuriating to me. 

Sneed would have to follow the same rules and could still be questioned. The first thing is he has to move to the district.

Well it wasn't a 10 page thread question the eligibility of Sneed...matter fact I don't think you even commented on whether he'd be eligible or not so why are you commenting on Parquet's eligibility? Kind of a contradiction don't you think?

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Well it wasn't a 10 page thread question the eligibility of Sneed...matter fact I don't think you even commented on whether he'd be eligible or not so why are you commenting on Parquet's eligibility? Kind of a contradiction don't you think?

I stated that he (Sneed) would have to follow the same rules and it could still be questioned....meaning if the committee ruled against it, he would not be eligible. Is that CLEAR enough. No contradiction....same rules are expected to be followed and reviewed. Neither, Both or only one could have an eligibility issue...not to be decided by any of us on this site. 

1 minute ago, Team Game said:

I stated that he (Sneed) would have to follow the same rules and it could still be questioned....meaning if the committee ruled against it, he would not be eligible. Is that CLEAR enough. No contradiction....same rules are expected to be followed and reviewed. Neither, Both or only one could have an eligibility issue...not to be decided by any of us on this site. 

I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone questioning sneed's eligibility in the thread it was being talked about but ok lol

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone questioning sneed's eligibility in the thread it was being talked about but ok lol

Maybe because DV brought Parquet into that thread, so that is where the focus was. When attention is brought to someone or something, it tends to stay there. In this thread I have given numerous examples of kids transferring...not just one, and not just kids involving HJ. 

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

This is just a guess,  but one of the first things many people heard about Sneed was an incident at Ozen involving him getting jumped. Then there is the issue of BISD academic problems,  administrators going to prison with more to soon follow, teachers assaulting students, a report of a rape at Central,  etc, etc.  So quite frankly, there are numerous reasons why a parent may choose to move their child from BISD to any number of local ISDs. And I don't say any of this to slam Ozen or BISD, I'm only answering OzenFinest and DVs questions about why the transfers are talked about or not. 

13 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

This is just a guess,  but one of the first things many people heard about Sneed was an incident at Ozen involving him getting jumped. Then there is the issue of BISD academic problems,  administrators going to prison with more to soon follow, teachers assaulting students, a report of a rape at Central,  etc, etc.  So quite frankly, there are numerous reasons why a parent may choose to move their child from BISD to any number of local ISDs. And I don't say any of this to slam Ozen or BISD, I'm only answering OzenFinest and DVs questions about why the transfers are talked about or not. 

But all that became null and void when the kid himself went on record and stated clearly why he chose to leave...so everything you just stated is irrelevant you don't think the district committee will see that statement he made? Smh stop making excuses and lets be fair if we gone criticize one player for leaving hold every kid to the same standard. And Sneed nor Lil C has been held to the same standard as Parquet 

36 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

But all that became null and void when the kid himself went on record and stated clearly why he chose to leave...so everything you just stated is irrelevant you don't think the district committee will see that statement he made? Smh stop making excuses and lets be fair if we gone criticize one player for leaving hold every kid to the same standard. And Sneed nor Lil C has been held to the same standard as Parquet 

Just curious,  are Lil C and Sneed "team" players or "me" players.  Some players can sometimes be treated differently depending on how people think about them. Just a thought. 

1 minute ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Just curious,  are Lil C and Sneed "team" players or "me" players.  Some players can sometimes be treated differently depending on how people think about them. Just a thought. 

I'm not getting into that has nothing to do with the topic at hand...

11 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Let me check my UIL rules, I'm now beginning to remember there were some booster restrictions about recruiting students :)

Sure let me know if you need my cell # or email contact. 

On 5/3/2016 at 5:22 PM, Dick Vitale said:

Jalen will be at West Brook next year, and someone will protest it...Mark my word...

So are you putting some truth to the rumor that if Boutee get the westBrook job then Omar Sneed will be on the staff. If this is the case what are the UIL rules that would give any coach in  either district the right to protest. There has to be some exception in that case correct. Maybe that would explain why he left Beaumont to go to an out of district school in the first place. But seriously if this were the fact how could you keep a kid from playing for his father....

44 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

So are you putting some truth to the rumor that if Boutee get the westBrook job then Omar Sneed will be on the staff. If this is the case what are the UIL rules that would give any coach in  either district the right to protest. There has to be some exception in that case correct. Maybe that would explain why he left Beaumont to go to an out of district school in the first place. But seriously if this were the fact how could you keep a kid from playing for his father....

The UIL Rules regarding residency and changing schools begins with section 442:

This is the hidden content, please

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, ozensfinest said:

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The UIL Rules regarding residency and changing schools begins with section 442:

This is the hidden content, please

Section 443 A and B....if I were moving my son because of athletic reasons, I would never tell anyone about my dislike of his current basketball program (In the media or in the general public). I wouldn't tell anyone anything at all. This is what leaves some people with some exposure.