WHEN KANSAS INSTITUTED WORK REQUIREMENTS FOR FOOD STAMPS

Hagar

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

i have been using this concept with my kids for years, no one lives at my house for free. I have the chores for food and earn your spending money concept

My hats off to you.   And I'm betting your children will be successful adults.  I've always thot it strange nr, we get so much schooling/training for life, but our most important job, raising our children, all we have is our memories on how we were raised.  

21 hours ago, REBgp said:

Surely would get bipartisan support, which begs the question, if it's as successful as the article appears to make it, why aren't all the other states rushing to implement it?   Just another political head scratcher - at the rate I'm going, I'm gonna end up bald :)

I must admit that I was one of the lucky ones.

I had a great looking head before chemo!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, westend1 said:

Guess what?  A lot of current Democratic voters would vote for measures like these, if only the Republicans were smart enough to get out of the social issue business.

Surely you aren't saying that the Democrats believe in those type measures but will vote against them if Repubs don't agree with their social values?

On 5/3/2016 at 8:51 AM, stevenash said:

Ok- then how about you?  Are you sufficiently against the Republican social approach that you would vote against something like this, which is unrelated?

there in lies the conundrum for many of us who have conservative ideals when it comes to fiscal policy and liberal ideals when it comes to social issues.  Am i willing to vote for a politician who is willing to aggressively pursue conservative changes on social issues if it means getting a politician in that will try to limit govt spending and overreach?  I have a hard time doing it.  And like WE1 said, a lot of voters seem to struggle with it like i do as well.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

there in lies the conundrum for many of us who have conservative ideals when it comes to fiscal policy and liberal ideals when it comes to social issues.  Am i willing to vote for a politician who is willing to aggressively pursue conservative changes on social issues if it means getting a politician in that will try to limit govt spending and overreach?  I have a hard time doing it.  And like WE1 said, a lot of voters seem to struggle with it like i do as well.

Very real possibility that Trump will do that very thing.  I know many conservatives who aren't voting based on his Social positions.   But as I stated in another thread, right now he's a "wild card".   Hopefully all will have a clearer idea by Nov.