Beaumont West Brook Job

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think he's talking about basketball talent.  If you play basketball, more than likely, as a middle schooler, you'd end up at Ozen or Central.  

What "talent" do they have at Central? Ozen? That can't be developed from the same kids at Westbrook anyway? THEY ARE THE SAME KIDS...No kids are being DOMINANT. Its all about program, brother....

22 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

What "talent" do they have at Central? Ozen? That can't be developed from the same kids at Westbrook anyway? THEY ARE THE SAME KIDS...No kids are being DOMINANT. Its all about program, brother....

...but there's been no Jordan Hunters, Tyrin Atwoods, Nijal Pearsons, E'Torrion Wilridges, Josh Boys to name a few to appear at West Brook.  

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

I'm talking about kids who currently play basketball. Middle school, AAU, 9th and JV. True you can develop talent, but by the 10th or 11th grade...its too late for "MOST" kids. They are who they are. Now if you can grab them in the 7th grade, different story. And I know there are exceptions to the rule, but if you don't have them playing and training year round, those Freshmen and Sophs wont really evolve into top area talent. And judging from the kids that I know, that top area talent is at Central by a WIDE margin. Ozen is next and West Brook, even the kids walking the halls and only playing at Rogers Park, are a distant 3rd

WestBrook is a sleeping giant in basketball though.  Does anybody doubt that the right coach would have them winning quickly?  And the way BISD is set up (with kids having some choice in where they go), they could be very, very good in about 2-3 years. And if a coach came in and really put a "program" in place with the size and talent pool available at WB, it could be fun to watch.  

9 minutes ago, Pumper said:

WestBrook is a sleeping giant in basketball though.  Does anybody doubt that the right coach would have them winning quickly?  And the way BISD is set up (with kids having some choice in where they go), they could be very, very good in about 2-3 years. And if a coach came in and really put a "program" in place with the size and talent pool available at WB, it could be fun to watch.  

I wouldn't say sleeping giant. But I do know they have a couple of really good players. If they could get some kids to move over, they would make some noise. Remember, to build it, it has to start in middle school. And kids jump all over in the BISD so its tough to have a true feeder school in the BISD like in smaller districts.

The problem at WB is not talent related it is job related. Any potential candidate who does his due diligence upon applying for that job will see that it is not set up to be successful. When you are a 6a program and all the schools that you must contend with have 5 assts. that are true basketball coaches and at WB you only have 3 assts who are either in football for most of the year or work on other campuses in BISD then you start to see the writing on the wall.. The schools they compete against have very few crossover athletes and WB relies quite a bit on crossover athletes.. When you are in a basketball class by yourself with 40+ kids because you dont have any full time assts in the gym with you its gonna be hard to compete at the 6A level.  To top it off the pay is not very competitive when you look around at other 6A programs and BISD cannot just pay a coach whatever they want because then they have to pay the other BISD basketball coaches the same. WB has lots of logistics that have to be straightened out before it can be the job it was back in the late 80's and early 90's.

4 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

The problem at WB is not talent related it is job related. Any potential candidate who does his due diligence upon applying for that job will see that it is not set up to be successful. When you are a 6a program and all the schools that you must contend with have 5 assts. that are true basketball coaches and at WB you only have 3 assts who are either in football for most of the year or work on other campuses in BISD then you start to see the writing on the wall.. The schools they compete against have very few crossover athletes and WB relies quite a bit on crossover athletes.. When you are in a basketball class by yourself with 40+ kids because you dont have any full time assts in the gym with you its gonna be hard to compete at the 6A level.  To top it off the pay is not very competitive when you look around at other 6A programs and BISD cannot just pay a coach whatever they want because then they have to pay the other BISD basketball coaches the same. WB has lots of logistics that have to be straightened out before it can be the job it was back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I GUARANTEE if Boutte takes this spot, he will have things EXACTLY likes he wants them. GUARANTEED.

I got a chance to see the Bmt middle school tournament for the last two years. it is some good players coming up not sure where all of them are zoned to or will be allowed to go but if they end up with boutee westbrook may have something special. Just asking. where are the most talented middle school basketball players gonna end up for high school. IM glad we dont have to compete with two other in district schools. Perks of a small district i guess.

8 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

You can bet your last dollar that if Boutte goes to WB they will be dominate....Central & Ozen will be a thing of the past all the big time basketball players will be enrolling at WB simple as that. 

My son is a football player for Lamar now, but back when I first started my young 4th grade Team many laughed & teased us, but not Coach Boutte. He treated my Team like they were the Best in the City.

We truly appreciated that. Nobody is laughing at Rodney anymore. Thanks for the continued support & encouragement Coach. I guess my young team will be playing in Ozen & West Brook gyms.:)

15 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

You can bet your last dollar that if Boutte goes to WB they will be dominant....Central & Ozen will be a thing of the past all the big time basketball players will be enrolling at WB simple as that. 

This ^^^

I remember having this convo with Soulja a few years back when he claimed that the talent amongst Ozen and Central had evened out which is why Central began to have a little success. I vividly remember telling him that if Boutte was still at Ozen they wouldn't of never got the likes of Toe Toe, TJ, Nijal etc...I said it once and I'll say it again if Bou takes the WB job Central and Ozen will become a thing of the past in basketball. All those good 8th graders that have plans on going to Central & Ozen will be attending school right there in the west-end. So when WB starts winning will you say its cause the talent has evened out?

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

I remember having this convo with Soulja a few years back when he claimed that the talent amongst Ozen and Central had evened out which is why Central began to have a little success. I vividly remember telling him that if Boutte was still at Ozen they wouldn't of never got the likes of Toe Toe, TJ, Nijal etc...I said it once and I'll say it again if Bou takes the WB job Central and Ozen will become a thing of the past in basketball. All those good 8th graders that have plans on going to Central & Ozen will be attending school right there in the west-end. So when WB starts winning will you say its cause the talent has evened out?

*Roll eyes*