Beaumont West Brook Job

On 4/29/2016 at 7:23 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

What happen to the talk about the title of this thread?????  its seemed to disappear for the last 3 to 4 pages

I'm working on it.  As soon as I am done, I intend for all of the debate about Elijah and where he will be next year will be part of cyber trash.  I must say there was some regret in deleting PaBees' post as it is not every day that the ideas of Thomas Hobbes make their way onto a sports website (no sarcasm here...much respect to you, sir).

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I'm working on it.  As soon as I am done, I intend for all of the debate about Elijah and where he will be next year will be part of cyber trash.  I must say there was some regret in deleting PaBees' post as it is not every day that the ideas of Thomas Hobbes make their way onto a sports website (no sarcasm here...much respect to you, sir).

I appreciate that!  And I apologize for helping that thread run away.  Should a never said anything...

17 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

You didn't just go Thomas Hobbes on us!

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:48 PM, ozensfinest said:

I remember having this convo with Soulja a few years back when he claimed that the talent amongst Ozen and Central had evened out which is why Central began to have a little success. I vividly remember telling him that if Boutte was still at Ozen they wouldn't of never got the likes of Toe Toe, TJ, Nijal etc...I said it once and I'll say it again if Bou takes the WB job Central and Ozen will become a thing of the past in basketball. All those good 8th graders that have plans on going to Central & Ozen will be attending school right there in the west-end. So when WB starts winning will you say its cause the talent has evened out?

17 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

I see in a new post that Coach Simon has officially went public with his retire announcement. Wonder when the new hire will be announced. 

I think Dickie V has already "pre- announced" the hire.

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Tigers2010 said:
32 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

I see in a new post that Coach Simon has officially went public with his retire announcement. Wonder when the new hire will be announced. 

Not until after June 28th. Could be ANNOUNCED sooner, but won't go into effect until at least then.

9 minutes ago, team first said:

If Coach Boutte is getting back into coaching, why wouldn't he have took the mem job last year. Since he would have preferred to coach at mem over west Brook?

Because they wanted him to do BOTH duties for just one salary. Then the position was eliminated altogether, so now he will go back to the sideline at West Brook. 

Edited by Dick Vitale
Correction

2 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I don't understand the question...How long will West Brook be playing Austin? I don't get the question here...

Soon means will they be in the State Tourney next year, the year after, the year after that, etc etc? ( forgot it was now in San Antonio)

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Soon means will they be in the State Tourney next year, the year after, the year after that, etc etc? ( forgot it was now in San Antonio)

Oh OK...Well you never know..I think that having Coach Boutte on the sideline will definitely give West Brook their best chance to make the State Tournament in a very long time. How long will it take to build it into a PERENNIAL power? That remains to be seen...He built it at Ozen in 3 years, and in year four went 36-0, winning the state title, so....That remains to be seen. May not be long though..

Edited by Dick Vitale
correction

15 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

What if he doesn't get a NBA draft pick at center?  Will it take longer?  

Did he have an NBA draft pick at Lincoln? And before you scream out Stephen Jackson, he wasn't drafted and was just a junior when they won the 95 title, and there was none when they won in 1991 either.. You shouldn't hate greatness....Its really not a good look...SMH

Boutte does a fantastic job, and is a good guy to boot.  He will turn them around for sure.  But it would be nice every now and then to give just a little credit to those NBA talents and scores of Div 1 players that contributed to his success.  They did have a little something to do with it.  

But yes, a great coach is needed too in order to reach their potential.  

3 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

Boutte does a fantastic job, and is a good guy to boot.  He will turn them around for sure.  But it would be nice every now and then to give just a little credit to those NBA talents and scores of Div 1 players that contributed to his success.  They did have a little something to do with it.  

But yes, a great coach is needed too in order to reach their potential.  

Can we agree that in the past 25 years, WEST BROOK has had THE MOST Division I college basketball players in the area, including PA Lincoln, and have NEVER been to the state tournament? Can we also agree that of the many SE Texas Schools in the area, in the last 25 years, just FIVE schools have won state championships, and Andre Boutte has coached TWO of the Five schools to state titles? So one can conclude that there IS a common denominator as to those programs going on to compete in and win in the state championship tournament, correct? COACHING. Good coaches are plenty in SE Texas, however, there IS a measure that separates good from GREAT.  STATE TITLES, and APPEARANCES. Now, I'm not saying that coaches that have not won a title cannot BE great, but when its been done on multiple occasions, there should be no discussion about the greatness at that point, and to point out "having athletes" is merely a poor excuse, and borderline jealous statement for someone that apparently has zero understanding of the game or is just a hater...Which one are you?