How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Thought his home was damaged in flood?

I like Silsbee's chances of making a deep playoff run over Ozen's chances. It would be good experience for Calvin, something he has not yet experienced at Ozen.

Seen many a player go to UT that played at 4A and below.

It is damaged but you forget I know the family they can easily get another home in Beaumont...And before this year I believe Ozen had gone further in the playoffs Silsbee is not a football powerhouse please stop pretending like it is...if Ozen/Silsbee played Ozen probably wins the game or lose in a close one. And for the second time, making a playoff run only benefits the school and the coach HOW DOES MAKING A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN BENEFIT LIL C? If you know anything about recruiting aggie you'd know that most big time programs are done with their recruiting classes by the end of summer with the exception of a few...so if you ain't gotta offer from a program like UT by lets say Julyish you probably ain't getting one and the players you named are from WOS if Lil C was leaving Ozen to go to WOS then this wouldn't even be a conversation. Another thing that you guys are failing to look at is that Ozen has produced more D-1A athletes in 19 years than Silsbee has since the school has been open. So lets take your maroon tinted glasses off for a second and someone really tell me how in hell is Lil C going to Silsbee benefiting him? Anybody with sense knows the move only helps Silsbee football program and not Lil C...Seriously you guys are delusional at times.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Really, the reason he is considering moving is because of instability with a home. Their house in Beaumont was damaged, father has a home in Silsbee.

I believe most colleges would understand.

Completely false thats not the reason he's considering the move at all and you guys are stupid to believe that.

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee is more of a football powerhouse than Ozen. Also, Silsbee football schedule this season is better than Ozens. Ozen will go 4-6 at best and miss the playoffs. If this kid what's to come to a program on the rise and get a great education, come on to Silsbee. The academics is Beaumont don't seem to be as good as they have been in the past. 

This post is just ignorant...do we need to go pull up Silsbee's record under your former coach? Lol Silsbee football is and has been MEDIOCRE with the exception of this year. Also how do you know anything about Beaumont academics? You have any kids go there? Did you attend? No ok then shut up...how would you say a kid with a 3.5 GPA isn't getting a good education, no matter what school you're at if you want to learn then you will and if you don't then you won't has nothing to do with the school district you're in. How do I know? Because I've sat in those same classrooms Lil C is in and got a great education. Smh you guys are really stupid on here man.

7 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

It is damaged but you forget I know the family they can easily get another home in Beaumont...And before this year I believe Ozen had gone further in the playoffs Silsbee is not a football powerhouse please stop pretending like it is...if Ozen/Silsbee played Ozen probably wins the game or lose in a close one. And for the second time, making a playoff run only benefits the school and the coach HOW DOES MAKING A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN BENEFIT LIL C? If you know anything about recruiting aggie you'd know that most big time programs are done with their recruiting classes by the end of summer with the exception of a few...so if you ain't gotta offer from a program like UT by lets say Julyish you probably ain't getting one and the players you named are from WOS if Lil C was leaving Ozen to go to WOS then this wouldn't even be a conversation. Another thing that you guys are failing to look at is that Ozen has produced more D-1A athletes in 19 years than Silsbee has since the school has been open. So lets take your maroon tinted glasses off for a second and someone really tell me how in hell is Lil C going to Silsbee benefiting him? Anybody with sense knows the move only helps Silsbee football program and not Lil C...Seriously you guys are delusional at times.

You will have to prove that to me.

I know how many D-1 athletes have come out of Silsbee.

Ozen has never gone further in playoffs than Silsbee. I will prove that to you.

Ozen's history:

This is the hidden content, please

Panthers have made playoffs 10 of the 18 seasons, going 3 rounds deep once (2011) and 2 rounds deep twice (2000, 2004). Never making regional final. Ozen's playoff record is 5-10. Ozen's overall record is 89-101 (.468)

Silsbee history:

Since Ozen was open in '98, Silsbee has made playoffs in 14 of the 18 seasons, going 4 rounds deep twice ('98, 2015), three rounds deep once (2012) and two rounds deep three times (2008, 2009, 2013). In the 18 seasons, Silsbee's playoff record is 13-14. Silsbee's overall record is 110-91 (.547)

I thought it was only fair to compare the two programs in the past 18 seasons, when Ozen started.

Silsbee does have past playoff success that trumps Ozen but I think that is irrelevant to this matter.

Ozen, 1 winning season in 10 years, 5 playoffs wins in school history. Source, UIL football records. You probably lay awake at night praying to God, please don't let him leave Ozen. If Calvin does come to Silsbee he will be going to a program that has a winning attitude and a tradition of making the playoffs. Silsbee traditionally puts multiple sports in the playoffs, not one or two sports. So, if Calvin does come to Silsbee that will be better. 

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Completely false thats not the reason he's considering the move at all and you guys are stupid to believe that.

I just want to be clear, you are saying that your friend "Lil C" is considering a transfer from Ozen to Silsbee due to reasons other than housing? If so, care to shed some light on those reasons?

We can go back and forth all day about which program is better ,at the end of the day it matters not, where ever the kid wants to attend and play I hope he get his wish. As for as education goes, it does matter based on student and the teachers. It all depends on the student and how they are raised ,which in Calvin's case he was raised well. I Have kids that have attended and they have excelled at Ozen and went on to get their college degrees and are well employed. Always believed if you put God first, and work hard and believe in yourself ,what's for you is for you, doesn't matter where you go.

57 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ozen's history:

Panthers have made playoffs 10 of the 18 seasons, going 3 rounds deep once (2011) and 2 rounds deep twice (2000, 2004). Never making regional final. Ozen's playoff record is 5-10. Ozen's overall record is 89-101 (.468)

Silsbee history:

Since Ozen was open in '98, Silsbee has made playoffs in 14 of the 18 seasons, going 4 rounds deep twice ('98, 2015), three rounds deep once (2012) and two rounds deep three times (2008, 2009, 2013). In the 18 seasons, Silsbee's playoff record is 13-14. Silsbee's overall record is 110-91 (.547)

I thought it was only fair to compare the two programs in the past 18 seasons, when Ozen started.

Silsbee does have past playoff success that trumps Ozen but I think that is irrelevant to this matter.

That's cute aggie but how does going to the playoffs help better Lil C as a player? Or does it help Silsbee's athletic program? 

8 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

That's cute aggie but how does going to the playoffs help better Lil C as a player? Or does it help Silsbee's athletic program? 

You were the one stating that Ozen had better playoff runs than Silsbee before this past season.

Also, more games played would help the player with stats and experience. The deeper you go, the better quality opponent.

17 minutes ago, Scatright said:

I just want to be clear, you are saying that your friend "Lil C" is considering a transfer from Ozen to Silsbee due to reasons other than housing? If so, care to shed some light on those reasons?

People close to him in his ear telling him to take the easy way out basically. But that's neither hear nor there because he's not going anymore so no need to get hopes up anymore Silsbee fans sorry.

22 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

We can go back and forth all day about which program is better ,at the end of the day it matters not, where ever the kid wants to attend and play I hope he get his wish. As for as education goes, it does matter based on student and the teachers. It all depends on the student and how they are raised ,which in Calvin's case he was raised well. I Have kids that have attended and they have excelled at Ozen and went on to get their college degrees and are well employed. Always believed if you put God first, and work hard and believe in yourself ,what's for you is for you, doesn't matter where you go.

Bingo

There is one thing that just hasn't made sense to me during this battle...why is Ozen being termed the "bigger" and Silsbee the "smaller" school?  But for an administrative decision by BISD opting Ozen up into Class 5A, Ozen and Silsbee would be in the same district!  So how could staying at a school which, according to the UIL, is in the same classification by ADM help you get the FBS scholarship that the other one couldn't?

9 minutes ago, ST413 said:
10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

There is one thing that just hasn't made sense to me during this battle...why is Ozen being termed the "bigger" and Silsbee the "smaller" school?  But for an administrative decision by BISD opting Ozen up into Class 5A, Ozen and Silsbee would be in the same district!  So how could staying at a school which, according to the UIL is in the same class by ADM, help you get the FBS scholarship that the other one couldn't?

And THAT illustrates why Silsbee is a better choice than Ozen. When the admin puts a campus in a no-win situation, you're better off in another district. Come home to Smoketown, Lower-case C!

I have read ozensfinest keep saying that a long playoff run is better for the school and coaches and not the players, that is false.  If a kid is tearing it up in the 4th round of the playoffs then it is definitely better for the kid.  By the 3rd round of the playoffs, the weaker teams are usually out and only contenders are left.  Any college coach worth his grain in salt will notice a kid playing lights out in round 4 of the Texas High School Football Playoffs regardless of class size.  I would take getting to round 4 of the 4A playoffs over round 1 or not getting in the 5A playoffs.

It doesn't matter if a player goes to a 1-A school or a 6-A school. If the player is that good colleges are going to hear and see it. I know that some college recruiters ask if the player can be moved to a higher classification, but they don't have to be. If they were found in a 1-A class the recruiters will go and see him or her play in that class. And yes, big D-1 colleges will go to 1-A games.

20 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

1. He has a home in Beaumont

2. There's no guarantee Silsbee is making a deep playoff run and making a deep playoff only benefit the school and coaches.

3. As I've stated before Lil C wants to go to UT so how does going play in a lower classification help his cause?

OF. A while back I was told by a recruiter from Mississippi State. that school classification or size dosent play that big of a part in finding good athletes. Years ago yes it did. the bigger schools normally  played on the bigger stages and against better opponents but in the technological era we have today with hudl and youtube and all the other stuff. along with camps It dosnt matter where a kid plays. Bottom line is if the kid has talent they will find him. If what was stated earlier about his home being damaged in Bmt then I hope coaches at ozen will look past football and do whatever is best for that kid and his family.