Vidor 13 Lumberton 2/Final

WOSgrad

54 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

What good coaches has Lumberton had trouble keeping? 

None. Babin is awesome. Coaching is 80% dealing with people and 20% X's and O's. Anyone that's ever coached on any level should know this. I could NEVER coach for a living, EVER. Having to move your family after a couple lackluster seasons would seem horrendous to me. On the other hand, you pick the job you want knowing ahead of time EXACTLY what you're getting into, so no sympathy here. The boy's baseball and basketball coaches at Lumberton make their own beds. They really need to be more in tune to the kids they coach. It's in their best interest in the long run. If not, go into another line of work. Rant over.

20 hours ago, KAISER SOSAY said:

Again, you don't know what has transpired over the course of weeks, months, and even longer. This isn't a one time thing. You kick a dog enough times, well you know the rest. My son has had enough rule by intimidation. Punishment deserved? Yes. Punish the whole team? No. The weren't drinking in the parking lot or broke a school regulation, or MIP and brushes with the law. It's a fun volleyball game that they committed to way before that day. The whole school was there to watch. So in my opinion he did meet his obligations and his team was there to support him. Nice try....

Just curious, he punished the whole team?

Edited by outanup

None of you people know the whole story from both sides.  We're pretty much getting a one sided version.  It sounds like daddy got a few followers from his soapbox & he's on fire. Might some of the aggravation be from the fact that there was a scout there & the kid didn't get to perform? Let's just remember to keep things in perspective.  Let it go people, let it go!

On April 3, 2016 at 10:34 PM, KAISER SOSAY said:

Well the trolls are about I see. You have no idea what goes on in the "superstars" home. I noticed that this is the second night for the troll to show themselves on the Lumberton matter. I just so happen to be a parent of one of the so called "superstars".  My superstar has shown us that he won't be pushed around and intimidated by the very people we've entrusted to his care at LISD. You want to talk about class? He's shown us that standing up for himself and his teammates is far more important than bowing down and cowering at the very thought of paying a price for attending planned school sponsored Project Graduation volleyball event. He's shown his teammates that if you make a commitment that you feel worthy, then stay the course. I've heard that they didn't want an injury and it would hurt the team. Well, all fine except he wasn't injured in this very intense and straining volleyball game but was made to sit the bench which ironically hurt the team. You see, their's always another side to the story. But I'm sure you'll continue your posts about how enlightened you feel about this situation. Just know my son made a decision and judgement call. Like it or not we're proud of him. As he gathered his teammates out on the field today to pick them up and get their opinions on today's game I felt that was one of the classiest things I've seen all year. L-town is classy and hasn't stopped being classy.

I'm sure this will piss someone off, but oh well.  Hypothetically speaking of course, if I was a dad and my son decided to "make a stand", and said "stand" was him going to play volleyball during "baseball" season, in the middle of district play, id ring his damn neck, I'm not in the business of stepping on other parents toes, because being a parent is not an easy task, and we  all want for our kids to make all the right decisions and be the best at everything, but you're missing an opportunity here, to teach a lesson. Making stands are character defining, ego-boosting, admirable, courageous, and some instances, down right stupid. You can choose what category it falls into.  I'm only basing my "opinion off of "your" post and the info in this thread.  *the players played in a meaningless volleyball game that coach didn't want them playing in because the risk of injury could derail any playoff dream.  And the players played in the game anyway, and luckily came out injury free.  Coach found out and punished the kids who played, resulting in 2 other kids getting an opportunity to play a signifucant role int a key game, which you lost.  I think the pnemaking the true "stand" here, is the Coach. Did his team suffer from not having the services of 2 key players? Yeah it seems so, but coach didn't make that decision, that punishment to the team, was dealt by the selfish players who went against the will of their coach, and by all means common sense, by playing in a meaningless volleyball game, which now holds so much more significance, than it ever should have. The kids let their team down, the coach "made a stand"

8 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Spoonbill your post are comical. Creduir, D. Davis, Luttrell, Ramsey, Stewart, Gatlin. Just a few names of coaches that moved on. So I would say they have lost some good men that were great coaches. My two cents and my opinion.

D Davis and Stewart. Are those the two that are still at Lumberton but made a decision to be in administration for financial reasons? Luttrell did what any good young coach does: accepted a position in another district with greater promise of advancement and $.  Credeur(2), you are correct. We lost these two because of crazy, Haynes-loving parents. 

7 minutes ago, kmstark5 said:

Let this be the start of a new week. Let go of last week and get back to playing some baseball! 

It would be easier to let go of last week if we didn't have a Lumberton coach on Facebook over the weekend calling both of these boys a Cancer that needs to be removed.  Talk about Keeping it Classy.

10 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Spoonbill your post are comical. Creduir, D. Davis, Luttrell, Ramsey, Stewart, Gatlin. Just a few names of coaches that moved on. So I would say they have lost some good men that were great coaches. My two cents and my opinion.

Your opinion is worth about two cents imho.