Best Returning Players

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ok, so not our site's coverage area.

I don't really know the kids outside of our TV media coverage area. So if I went with the sites coverage area, we would be getting into the Houston market. The "Best Returning Players" topic title didn't restrict an area or require an area. So I went with what I know best.

On April 25, 2016 at 2:58 PM, winwin said:

Ok...here's my list of best returning VARSITY players. No doubt some will disagree. That's the fun of it :) Also, there were some kids that would make the list but quit their team at the end of last year. I will leave them off because I have no idea if they are returning to the hardwood. They are in order by district and grouped by last years team, in alphabetical order (last name). Making sure no one thinks these guys are ranked on my list :) 

Lijon Smith - Jr. West Brook

Darian Chatman - Jr. Memorial

Tre Keller - Jr. Memorial

Byron Arceneaux - Jr. Bmt. Central

Jakobe Dill - Jr. Bmt. Central

Courtland Pender - Sr. Ozen

Parish Pierre - Sr. Ozen

Kevin Howard - Sr. Nederland

Darrell Jones - Sr. Nederland

Jaylon Williams - Jr. Cleveland

Eli Parquet - Jr. Hardin Jefferson

Jordyn Adams - Soph. Silsbee

Kalon Barnes - Jr. Silsbee

Bruce Harris - Sr. Silsbee

Trajan Harris - Sr. Silsbee

Devon McCain - Soph. Silsbee

Michael McCain - Sr. Silsbee

Katon Brown - Jr. LCM

TJ Stanford - Sr. Kountze

Christian Williams - Jr. Woodville

Tevin Baker - Sr. Bmt. Kelly

Cannon Broussard - Sr. Bmt. Kelly

John Kraemer - Sr. Bmt. Kelly

Jomard Valsin - Jr. Bmt. Kelly

Taydren Esprit - Sr. Legacy

Tre Jones - Sr. Legacy

Adam Potter - Sr. Legacy

I would add Cordell David, played big role last year as a freshman for EC. I may be a bit bias, but feel he should be on the list.

I sure wouldn't question anyone's list.  Winwin gave it a good shot.  That's all anyone can do.   And we all know, doesn't matter who does the list, there'll always be "left outs", and a few complaints.  I had to bite my tongue that he didn't put my Fr G'son (who was on the JV) on that list lol.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I sure wouldn't question anyone's list.  Winwin gave it a good shot.  That's all anyone can do.   And we all know, doesn't matter who does the list, there'll always be "left outs", and a few complaints.  I had to bite my tongue that he didn't put my Fr G'son (who was on the JV) on that list lol.

Yes my list was returning varsity players only. I'm sure your G'son will be making some noise this year! Gonna try to catch a Rebels game :)

1 hour ago, winwin said:

Yes my list was returning varsity players only. I'm sure your G'son will be making some noise this year! Gonna try to catch a Rebels game :)

Any other year in Evadale, yes.  Bad luck for him, we didn't have any Seniors playing this year.  He'll have to make JV noise lol

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree.  Seen him play aau about a month ago.  Kid has gotten so much better.  He'll, without a doubt be the man at Ozen next year...

We will get a look at him this week. Ozen will be playing in their league and Silsbees league every Tuesday and Thursday in June. 

I think the Parquet kid at HJ/Kelly/West Brook/Oak Hill Academy is probably the best all around player in the area.  Those two freshmen at Silsbee are obviously very good and I think they are a cut above the rest of a very good team.  Katon Brown at LCM has been very productive every time I've seen him and LCM has a lefty guard that I think is going to be a difference maker next year.  Darrell Jones and the Rayford boy at Nederland are a very athletic backcourt.  Jones kid at Ozen is good and its hard to ignore their big guy.  Central has a bunch of guys that can play, but I don't know their names.  I'm not sure if they count, but Huffman has a big wing that can play too.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I haven't seen enough to name a best in the area, nor have I seen enough of Parquet to say he is the best.  But it would be hard for me to put him above Devon.

I get the comparisons and arguments on both sides.  In terms of skill sets, very tough to argue against Eli.   Physically, hard to find a more gifted player.  But Devon is also extremely gifted and his intangibles are off the charts.  So hard to find a mega-talented player that also has "it."  And Devon's "it" factor is off the charts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...