2016/17 Hardin Jefferson Hawks

43 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

RCS SPORTS REPORT 04-05-16

2018 guard Jalen Sneed is also making a move but this is not a summer team move, he is transferring high schools. He is leaving Ozen and enrolling at Hardin Jeferson. It had been known that things were not peachy-keen at Ozen and many had anticipated a move.  Doug Jones spoke to Sneed and asked "Why HJ?".  He replied "Its a Great School, and the ball will be in my hands more, and I will be a bigger part of the operation and the team."  He went on to add, "Ozen really didnt give me a chance to lead and thats what I want to do."  Now remember a week ago we reported that sophomore Elijah Parquet was leaving HJ and attending Beaumont Kelly HS.  So this is basically a good game of musical chairs going on in Beaumont.

Interesting

Remember when we were all in school and no one EVER transferred schools?  The good ole days when kids would ONLY play at the school they grew up with and with their friends?  And when parents thought it was ridiculous to move their kids school for any reason?  This culture is a shame.  It's like we're turning kids into mercenaries looking for the best team or easiest situation, rather than COMPETING and battling through whatever life throws at you.  I'd rather my kid endure a horrible season where he belongs than run somewhere that the grass appears to be greener.  The days of pride are gone it appears.

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

This statement alone makes this a transfer for athletic reasons.......

Well,  I think what this is really  saying is that sometimes it's best to look at a school with a higher academic performance record than the student's previous school ( is Ozen considered a low performing school?) According to UIL,  this is a legit  reason to transfer.  

22 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Well,  I think what this is really  saying is that sometimes it's best to look at a school with a higher academic performance record than the student's previous school ( is Ozen considered a low performing school?) According to UIL,  this is a legit  reason to transfer.  

Yeah that's exactly what I read...........

H J has very close ties with the UIL so Im sure  there will be no problems with this transfer. Their communications program is ran by some of the best in the area. Just have one problem with the kid's statement. It is loaded with I and me. Isnt parquet leaving because the ball wasnt in his hand enough

1 hour ago, Barney Fife said:

H J has very close ties with the UIL so Im sure  there will be no problems with this transfer. Their communications program is ran by some of the best in the area. Just have one problem with the kid's statement. It is loaded with I and me. Isnt parquet leaving because the ball wasnt in his hand enough

it was in his hands enough 

1 hour ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Believing everything you read on RCS web site is about as smart ad believing everything you read on this web site.

One thing I can say about my guy Jim Hicks is that If it aint TRUE, he will NOT put it on his site. Now whether it actually HAPPENS or not is one thing, but if he posted it, IT CAME FROM THE SOURCE....Believe THAT!

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

One thing I can say about my guy Jim Hicks is that If it aint TRUE, he will NOT put it on his site. Now whether it actually HAPPENS or not is one thing, but if he posted it, IT CAME FROM THE SOURCE....Believe THAT!

Not to mention the kid himself has been posting his transfer all over social media. 

5 hours ago, Barney Fife said:

No, Parquet is leaving for academic reasons :) And that's an easy sale. :)

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Kelly has "blocked"  classes.  That can make for a good learning environment, plus getting you ready for college. 

Yes block schedules are more like the experience they will have in college. Most students we get from a public schools drop 2 grade points at Kelly. If they were a B student in public school, they become a D student at Kelly. And vice versa....if they go from Kelly to public school, they go from D's to straight A's and B's. Says a lot about our pathetic, sad public school system (Not all school districts...you know who you are lol). And before anyone says it...it has nothing to do with money. I hear this crap all the time. These kids are focused to work hard and parents....especially the ones who sacrifice more...STAY ON TOP OF THEIR GRADES. This has a lot to do with WHY they are focused to work hard IMO.