WAYYY TO EARLYY CLASS 4A 16-17 TOP 10 RANKINGS

1.  DALLAS LINCOLN    4A STATE CHAMPS                                                             6-4 SR G  KORTRIJK MILES
2.  SILSBEE          LOST TO DALLAS LINCOLN STATE FINALS                                 6-1 SOPH G DEVON MCCAIN
3.  PARIS            LOST TO DALLAS LINCOLN    REGIONAL SEMIFINALS                  6-2 SR G JALON PIPKINS
4.  DALLAS CARTER    LOST TO  DALLAS LINCOLN REGIONAL QUARTERFINALS     ???????????????????
5.  LIFE WAXAHACHIE  LOST TO VAN ALYSTNE 3A REGIONAL FINALS                    6-5 JR G-F JUSTIN NIMMER
6.  ROCKPORT FULTON  LOST TO HIDALGO BI-DISTRICT                                      5-11 SR G JUANITO GARCIA      
7.  Brownfield       3A STATE CHAMPS                                                                      6-4 SR G-F JEZREEL GRIFFIN
8.  Wharton          LOST TO LA MARQUE REGIONAL FINALS                                     6-1 SR G  TIM YOUNG 
9.  Waco La Vega     LOST TO  DIBOLL AREA ROUND                                               6-2 SR G AMANI GIBSON       
10. DECATUR          LOST TO ABLIENE WYLIE REGION QUARTERFINALS                    6-5 SR F  PARKER HICKS

Teams to Watch 
HOUSTON YATES 
HOUSTON WHEATLEY 
HARDIN JEFFERSON 
NAVAOSTA 
CENTER 

• 6 months later...

Miles for Lincoln is the real deal.

McCain is taller than 6'1".

Paris tends to fade in the playoffs against those Dallas teams. But then, who doesn't?

Same for Dallas Carter.  My Bruh in law, a Carter alum,  would beg to differ.

Like stated way too early 4A top ten rankings.

26 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Figure Silsbee will be in top 10 in state. The schedule is tough so my Tigers will lose some games but hopefully it makes them mentally tough as well and by time playoffs come they be battled tested.

That tough schedule will pay off for Silsbee. Better to be battle tested come crunch time. 

Definitely think so it's gonna be a great year I do believe so. The basketball players in there now is getting tested and they need that whenever football gets in there and get in groove watch out. In my opinion you have better shooters then last year just good chemistry between the boys right now. Watch them the  weekend they may get down but they never panic and they know where the others are on the court just pretty awesome and its preseason. They have a chance to be really really good.

Talked to Coach Wise (Yates) the weekend he was looking at games he said he expects it to be out of Silsbee and Yates to get to State. He knows he has to be on his game to beat the Tigers he said they looking good already I do know they play Sam Houston the first game of the season would like to make that one if I find out the date. Also was told they scrimmage Atascocita couple weekends back and got beat by 25 plus.

Bottom line a full Silsbee squad will be the favorite in every game come district and playoffs . Silsbee Lite done beat Yates this year so yes couch Wise knows what's coming. The other games this year I" will go ahead a say if they had the hole team right now they wouldn't have any losses and any one that has been to any of the Silsbee  games this year knows this and has seen this...! LMAO #TigerNation :)

19 minutes ago, Who That said:

Bottom line a full Silsbee squad will be the favorite in every game come district and playoffs . Silsbee Lite done beat Yates this year so yes couch Wise knows what's coming. The other games this year I" will go ahead a say if they had the hole team right now they wouldn't have any losses and any one that has been to any of the Silsbee  games this year knows this and has seen this...! LMAO #TigerNation :)

Silsbee will be heavily favored in every district game and every playoff game leading to SA.  Not sure about there because you never know what's coming out of Dallas.  They won't be favored in every predistrict game, full team or not, only because of the quality of opponents.  They will play some very talented, much bigger schools in the Fort Bend Tournament and the San Antonio ISD Tournament.  I think they will play the Fort Bend teams closer this year and be competitive in virtually every game they play.  And they will be one of the most battle tested teams in the state come playoff time. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee will be heavily favored in every district game and every playoff game leading to SA.  Not sure about there because you never know what's coming out of Dallas.  They won't be favored in every predistrict game, full team or not, only because of the quality of opponents.  They will play some very talented, much bigger schools in the Fort Bend Tournament and the San Antonio ISD Tournament.  I think they will play the Fort Bend teams closer this year and be competitive in virtually every game they play.  And they will be one of the most battle tested teams in the state come playoff time. 

Yes your absolutely right F. B. & S.A. will be tuff but that's great for the team. But my point was from district to San Antonio Silsbee will be the favorite in the region. 

3 minutes ago, Who That said:

Yes your absolutely right F. B. & S.A. will be tuff but that's great for the team. But my point was from district to San Antonio Silsbee will be the favorite in the region. 

I saw the brackets for the SA tourney. Silsbee is playing one of the better teams in that tourney in opening game. 6A San Antonio Wagner. Looks like SAISD doesn't want a little ole 4A school doing well in their 6A-5A tourney. ;)

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I saw the brackets for the SA tourney. Silsbee is playing one of the better teams in that tourney in opening game. 6A San Antonio Wagner. Looks like SAISD doesn't want a little ole 4A school doing well in their 6A-5A tourney. ;)

Color me surprised.  I don't know why they do those things.  Try to seed it correctly and have the best teams playing each other in later rounds.  

Is Cibolo Steele in that tourney?