WAYYYY TO EARLYY CLASS 3A TOP 10 2016-2017

1.  Dallas Madison     Lost to Triple A Academy 4A Area Round         Key Player  6-6 SR  G-F Jemichael Bowens  6-0 SR G Patrick Terry

2.  Triple A Academy   Lost to Dallas Lincoln 4A Regional Finals        Key Player  6-9 JR  F   Jamal Gaines

3.  La Marque          Lost to Dallas Lincoln 4A State Semi Finals          Key Player  6-5 SR  F  LaDerrious Arvie   6-1 SR G Jauron Freeman

4.  Kountze            Lost to East Chambers Regional Finals                 Key Player  5-10 SR G Teran Stanford  6-2 JR F Dallion Ewdards 

5.  Canadian           Class 2A Back to Back State Champs                  Key Player  5-10 SR G Cameron Copley 

6.  Wall               Lost to Childress Regional Semifinals                      Key Players 6-3 SR Ryan Walling  6-2 SOPH Colt Chitsey

7. Childress           Lost to Brownfield Regional Finals                        Key Player  6-0 SOPH G Isiah Darter  6-0 SR G Luke Darter

8. Brock               Lost to Dallas Faith Family Bi-District                      Key Player  5-11 SR G Taylor Perry

9. Buna                Lost to East Chambers Regional Quarter Finals        Key Player  5-10 SOPH G Alex Connell  5-10 SR G Remi Connell

10 Rice                Lost to  Teague Regional Quarterfinals                    Key Player 6-1 SR G Sim Nezar   6-2 JR G Tre Jessie 

Teams to Watch

Daingerfield 
Woodville 
East Chambers
Ponder 
Kermit  

31 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I was assuming they would not be a 3-a school, which is what this thread is about

Yep. They are in Hardin's district in football and I am not sure what basketball district they are in, but certainly will be the favorite in region III / IV in my opinion.

Just now, MOSSHILL said:

Yep. They are in Hardin's district in football and I am not sure what basketball district they are in, but certainly will be the favorite in region III / IV in my opinion.

They're in Region III, District 24 for Basketball. They winner of the District 23 (Kountze, EC, Buna, Hardin, etc) will face La Marque (assuming they win Dist. 24) in the Regional Quarters. 

8 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

They're in Region III, District 24 for Basketball. They winner of the District 23 (Kountze, EC, Buna, Hardin, etc) will face La Marque (assuming they win Dist. 24) in the Regional Quarters. 

That's exactly who the 4 playoff teams will be next year.

I'd imagine we will face La Marque in the first round. Great !

4 hours ago, TopDawG52 said:

What does East chambers have coming back besides the freshman 

One starter #12 Andre Anderson

Two players off the bench that got some playing time throughout the year, but next years team will be Sophomore and freshman heavy. The JV was very talented this year, will be a contender next year for a DC again. Don't know how far they will go in the playoffs, yet. They will have a lot of growing to do next year, but will be talented.

Hate seeing all of these big city schools dropping classes.  They still have the talent pools of 5a and 6a schools because kids transfer all over the place.  Takes the small school feel out of things and is going to make it almost impossible for schools like east chambers to have a chance 

2 hours ago, utfan06 said:

I know he plays with lebron James Jr.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

He live with LeBron nem? He moved out of Kountze?

Actually LJ Jr. plays on his team, the Gulf Coast Blue Chips. LJ Jr. only shows up occasionally though. The story I got was that LJ Jr. wanted to play on the best team in his age group... 

I'm not familiar with the 409 aside from Kountze and what the put on the court year in and year out.

But, a friend of mine told me there are a lot of young kids in and around Beaumont, PAM, Kountze, Silsbee area that are home schooled and play travel ball, AAU only.

Can anyone confirm this?

That wouldn't surprise me. I would hate to see it not only for the high school game but also the kids making those choices. In spite of all the rumors out there not every AAU player will get a D1 scholarship, sad to see a kid give up such a big part of their youth banking on a dream that more times than not doesn't pan out.

9 hours ago, whsalum said:

Lord those Kountze clubs with Powell and Busby still give me nightmares LOL. How old is this young man and who will he play for in Beaumont ??

He's only in the 5th grade... Lol! Can you tell how desperate I am for talent? Lol! I'm not sure what middle school he'll attend next year. Just want him to "come on home" within the next three years... 

9 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

I'm not familiar with the 409 aside from Kountze and what the put on the court year in and year out.

But, a friend of mine told me there are a lot of young kids in and around Beaumont, PAM, Kountze, Silsbee area that are home schooled and play travel ball, AAU only.

Can anyone confirm this?

He plays travel ball but he's also in school. Played for his school's 5th grade team this year... 

• 1 year later...

How my Top 10 Finished.. 

1.   Dallas Madison   state Champs 

2.  Triple A              Lost To Ponder Regional Quarterfinals

3.  La Marque        Lost to Jarrell  Regional SemiFinals

4. Kountze.          Lost to Teague Regional Semifinals

5.  Canadian        Lost to Brock Regional Finals

6. Wall                  Lost to Brock Regional Semfinals 

7. Childress         Lost   to Wall Area 

8  Brock        Lost to Dallas Madison State Finals 

9 Buna          Lost to La Marque Regional Quarterfinals 

10 Rice           Lost to Leon   Bi-District