(2016-2017)Houston Texans

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Better than the status quo.

I agree but that kind of money for, as Mack correctly points out, an unproven qb?

just reeks of desperation to me.  I mean it's only $4m less per year than Rodgers and about double what Brady will make.  He might be great but he might be a bust.  That's elite qb money. 

But it's proof once again what a sweet gig the NFL backup qb position is.  Either get paid to hold a clipboard or, if you are with a good team and do get in, win a few games and you can set you and yours up for life.  

Not trying to be a downer, but this is the way I see it. Osweiler handed Brady's Pats their first loss and won several games to boot. He could be great or he could crash and burn like Shaub. I remember a backup who filled in great by the name of Matt Cassell. Since then he has been with about 5 different teams. Maybe Osweiler will be the man, but just because you win some games with the best defense to cover your butt does not mean you can do it for the long haul. Texans put out some huge money on a QB and RB.

I feel like most of you, a lot of $$$ for an unproven Qb. The big difference is Brock has experience in the NFL, learned from one of the best, and fits the mold of what BO'B likes in a Qb. By the looks of the contract, mostly up front $$$ which basically is a 2 yr contract.  If it don't work out, cut ties after a couple years and let the new regime take over. Osweiler is a better prospect than anything we've had over the last 2 years, and seeing what BO'B and Godsey have done with the old retreads, I have a good feeling about the future.

Fanbase would have went crazy if we had Hoyer or any other QB from last year under center week 1. Hoyer is a below average back up.  savage got beat out by both Mallet and Hoyer. No QB in this draft would be ready to play week one and the couple that might will be gone way before we draft. So it was Brock rgIII or kaepernick. We just address major holes with the draft still to come. Now we don't have to draft Hackenburg or hope Elliot still on board . This is good news. 

8 hours ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

lmao at Quanell.

But didnt the Texans cut a supposed to be the man backup last season who couldnt get the job done after backing up  great Qb?  Umm Mallett...

Good point. It seems to me as though Mallett didn't take advantage of learning how to be a pro while he sat behind Brady. More of a spoiled brat like Johnny manziel. Me and buddy garrity used to round and round over these 2 chumps. Speaking of chumps, where is buddy?