Beaumont Ozen 96 Fort Bend Marshall 85/Final

14 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Na this is one of the worst Yates teams I've seen in almost a decade I wouldn't be surprised if elkins beat them by 30 pressing and trapping these guards ain't happening...

WOW  one of Yates worst teams in a decade and they lost less then 5 games this season, won there division  and has advanced to the regional tournament for the 5th conservative year.  Trying to wrap my head around some of the statements that are made on this site, for example a team that finishes third in there division, loss in the first or second round of the playoffs and some say they had a great season. WOW

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Is anybody else a little surprised to see Houston Math and Science is in the 6a regional tourney?

Its Sam Houston High School....Because of low test scores, school had to be re-named "officially" and re-constituted. Thus the name Houston Math and Science Academy....And its actually NOTHING of the sort! LOL

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

WOW  one of Yates worst teams in a decade and they lost less then 5 games this season, won there division  and has advanced to the regional tournament for the 5th conservative year.  Trying to wrap my head around some of the statements that are made on this site, for example a team that finishes third in there division, loss in the first or second round of the playoffs and some say they had a great season. WOW

Most of the statements that will "WOW" you are made by one "challenged" individual.  He has told us that Atascocita isn't that good, had to go see DeAaron to see if he was actually any good, etc. etc.  All I can say is that individual is truly a legend in his own mind...

Elkins beats Yates but has their hands full.  Yates has one of the best shooters and scorers in the area.  I'm with Mamba - could be a game where each goes for 90.  This also plays to Ozen's advantage.  Dove has assured me fresh-er legs are vital this time of year. 

23 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Most of the statements that will "WOW" you are made by one "challenged" individual.  He has told us that Atascocita isn't that good, had to go see DeAaron to see if he was actually any good, etc. etc.  All I can say is that individual is truly a legend in his own mind...

I wonder who THAT might be? LOL

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Now I agree with you on that....but lets take a look at the Yates team I got a chance to watch them against cy lakes at the beginning of the season they allowed fox to score almost 50 points on them and lakes got up by about 25 points before Yates made a run to make it look manageable and that lakes team is TERRIBLE. Them winning their district and making it to the regional tourney means nothing especially when they play in a terrible district and have played a bunch of average teams in the playoffs to get to regionals. Same thing happened last year when they met Central and got beat by almost 30 points in the regional semi's. Yates is not the same yates of the past and I honestly don't expect this game to be close...Yates is a one man show it baffled me when I saw that Yates was ranked #3 in the state. Yates hasn't played any good teams this year besides Sam Houston & Atascosita and we saw how both of those games turned out. Come on man I really think yall just look at records and rankings and just make judgments off of that watch some more high school basketball before you try and call my arguments foolish please. I expect Elkins to beat Yates by AT LEAST 20...I respect Yates but this team is nowhere close to any of the teams in the past and as far as I'm concerned it's no way you can justify them being ranked #3 in the state. 

PS. Before you go say I'm hating on Yates let me say that I truly respect Yates as one of the few basketball powerhouses in the state and think Coach Wise is one of the best to ever do it in Texas.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

#2 in the nation good? HELL NO! they didn't even play a nationally ranked schedule lol you caught up in them rankings again....and I still stand by what I said Ozen would beat atascosita ...Now this is something that you just made up in your head cause I never said that....I said I didn't think Fox was better than J'Covan and I still don't. I'm convinced you don't watch basketball only rankings same guy that said Central was better than Ozen and would sweep them this year etc but I'm the challenged one lmaooooooooooo

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Dobie is by far the Surprise Team In The Playoffs after knocking off another district champ (North Shore and Hightower)  finishing 4th in there division.  I guess a team can get hot and win with no elite or superstar players roster.

No 6a basketball is just terrible outside of about 3 teams thats the only reason this happened lol

8 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

#2 in the nation good? HELL NO! they didn't even play a nationally ranked schedule lol you caught up in them rankings again....and I still stand by what I said Ozen would beat atascosita ...Now this is something that you just made up in your head cause I never said that....I said I didn't think Fox was better than J'Covan and I still don't. I'm convinced you don't watch basketball only rankings same guy that said Central was better than Ozen and would sweep them this year etc but I'm the challenged one lmaooooooooooo

While you are laughing deliriously, remind me what the outcomes were of the 3 Ozen/Central games, sport?  I seem to have forgotten.  I may have missed one out of three but your wrong more often than a broken clock. 

And I'm quite sure I watch wayyyy more basketball than you, albeit it is at a much higher level in the summers.  That may explain your rudimentary ability to differentiate different players/teams.  And I have no doubt if DeAaron played at Ozen or for a certain local summer team, he would be the second coming of Steph Curry in your deluded eyes....

Did I just read that someone feels that De'Aaron Fox is NOT better than J'Covan Brown was? J'Covan was a GREAT player and is doing well playing professionally overseas right now....The difference is Fox will play professionally RIGHT HERE in the NBA. He is a PRO, man....Come on, seriously? Not taking anything away from J'Covan, because his talent is undeniable, but Fox is in another league, man. I don't just call guys pros either, but I was the one that said that he would fare better than the Harrison twins based on his size and skill set alone at the PG position..

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

While you are laughing deliriously, remind me what the outcomes were of the 3 Ozen/Central games, sport?  I seem to have forgotten.  I may have missed one out of three but your wrong more often than a broken clock. 

And I'm quite sure I watch wayyyy more basketball than you, albeit it is at a much higher level in the summers.  That may explain your rudimentary ability to differentiate different players/teams.  And I have no doubt if DeAaron played at Ozen or for a certain local summer team, he would be the second coming of Steph Curry in your deluded eyes....

See the reason it's dumb is because Central has NEVER swept Ozen in a season thats why that prediction was so outlandish and if you actually watched basketball you'd know that Central didn't have the guard play to sweep Ozen so that prediction you made was just stupid.....Ozen was light years better than Central this year & last year but I don't expect you to analyze the game like that lol I never said Fox wasn't good the kid has game idk where you're coming from with this foolishness. I've been saying this since I watched him play against Yates at the start of the season...BTW I like how you and sports junkie just skipped right over all those facts I just provided you about Yates though....

3 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Did I just read that someone feels that De'Aaron Fox is NOT better than J'Covan Brown was? J'Covan was a GREAT player and is doing well playing professionally overseas right now....The difference is Fox will play professionally RIGHT HERE in the NBA. He is a PRO, man....Come on, seriously? Not taking anything away from J'Covan, because his talent is undeniable, but Fox is in another league, man. I don't just call guys pros either, but I was the one that said that he would fare better than the Harrison twins based on his size and skill set alone at the PG position..

Awwww man DV I would think you'd come up with better arguments than this....lol so DV tell me please outside of Fox's athletic ability & height what does he do at the point guard position better than J'Covan? I'll wait....J'Covan just wasn't blessed to be 6'4 as far as skill-set go it's NOTHING that Fox do that J'Covan couldn't....

That's just like comparing KT & Perk....KT was just as good as perk(some people say he was better than Perk actually) but Perk was 6'10 and he went to the NBA straight out of high school just cause someone is a better NBA prospect doesn't always make that person a better player than someone who isn't....I would you'd know that DV