Evadale Tournament

50 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Error along with a missed umpire Interference call scores two more for Kirbyville.

Kville 3-0 middle 3rd

What's missed umpire interference? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I'm pretty sure umpires are considered part of the field. 

43 minutes ago, highsky said:

What's missed umpire interference? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I'm pretty sure umpires are considered part of the field. 

Unless rules of play have changed which is possible...

Believe that the fielder has to be able to make reasonable first chance play on the ball. Umpire even acknowledged the ball hit him in front of the fielder. Batter safe and FC was effected because of it.

Prob should have worded it differently. 

JMO

23 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Unless rules of play have changed which is possible...

Believe that the fielder has to be able to make reasonable first chance play on the ball. Umpire even acknowledged the ball hit him in front of the fielder. Batter safe and FC was effected because of it.

Prob should have worded it differently. 

JMO

If it happens in front of fielders, I believe the ball is dead.  Batter gets awarded first and runners move up if forced.  If it happens behind fielders, the ball is live and in play.  Mr. Ump may be able to help if this is not correct.

They touched grass for the first time this morning (no Colorado pun intended).  Coach said they had a lot of boys playing lacrosse, some moved out, and they had some unable to make the trip.  They are supposedly all very young, freshman and soohomores.  They said how much they enjoy the tourney, and how beautiful everything was.

13 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

If it happens in front of fielders, I believe the ball is dead.  Batter gets awarded first and runners move up if forced.  If it happens behind fielders, the ball is live and in play.  Mr. Ump may be able to help if this is not correct.

You are correct